• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/04/1987

Hi,

I've noticed that on several Christian forums, they separate their site. One section is for Christians, the other for the minority religions.

Does anyone besides me think this is not Christ-like? I think sites like www.christianforums.com (which I go to and support) sometimes SCARE the unsaved away rather than draw them into HIS love.

--Jess

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Hello bro.

I know that your heart is pure here, and you really have a concern for the lost and how they are received by us. I will take heed of your words. It is very good that you share your thoughts. I recognize that this thought spawned from me responding to Itzomi in the thread "My Objections to the Faith".

Concerning this matter with Itzomi I will beg to differ. Not trying to be defensive...but if you look at the conversation again and consider what I say and what happens later....you will find that it was true. I was only speaking what I saw was true. And she became very defensive in a way that made me out to be the "bad" guy. The very first thing I said that appeared aggressive was when I said, "You are stubbornly holding on to your views....". I guess this is what made her feel defensive and that's how it all started from there. HOWEVER, notice that her stubborness was true all along...she herself said she is "like a dog that won't let go of a bone". This is truly just another way of saying "stubborningly holding onto your views". I wanted to expose the truth in this matter. But not all people are willing to accept it openly and easily. I can be in error also yet I am aware of that and open to correction. That is why I asked her to forgive and pray for me if I am wrong about her integrity.

I did feel a little bad afterwards, but I truly believed that people just want to be nice so people can stay. But that is not right. Let's go through this following question. There are workers in your church who are living in sin. What you want to tell them is the truth...but you know that it may offend them and scare them away. What do you think God would want you to do?

Lets look at the prophets. Most of their messages weren't about blessings but about condemnation and judgement from God. Was the prophet allowed to not share a message on judgement if he felt that it would offend people?

If we favor a person in our church then our heart is not in the right place. If we hate a person in our church then our heart is not in the right place. If we hate a person in our church for no reason then our heart is definetely in the wrong place. Are you willing to share a message of judgement on a person you personally favor? Are you willing to share a message of blessing on a person you do not like? We can only be sensitive to what the Lord wants and not sensitive to what we feel.

And I know there is another side to this. What if the prophet did not prophecy truthfully but deceitfully. What if the people in your church weren't living in sin but you shared a message of condemnation with them that accused them of a sin they had not commited? The consequences of a false prophet is far greater than other functions in the body because they have a greater responsibility. If you are on the receiving side of this false prophet who falsely prophesises over you then that false prophet will be dealt with God strongly....more strongly than a false teacher,a greedy giver, or a negligent pastor.

Fiosh, I'm not opposed to anything you're presenting here. Thank you for sharing this. To the fools we must become like fools so we may gain them. To the lawless we must become like the lawless, etc. This is very important.

I think there were many with you Fiosh that felt the same way as you did. And some held me by this concerning Itzomi in like manner. I feel it is very important that when we think another brother or sister is in error that we first pray for them and them speak to them about what we think their error is. If the brother listens to you then you have won him. However, if he will not take heed or listen then you bring more witnesses. This is the procedure.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....I got halfway thru a reply and somehow accidentally deleted it! Maybe the Holy Spirit wasn't happy with what I was saying?? :huh: I'll try again.

Hi Felix,

Thanks for your comments! :noidea: Let me first clear up a few things.

1. My post was not a direct result of your replies to Itzomi; I've seen things said time and time again here, to non-believers , that disturb me.

2. I agree with almost all of what you have to say about telling people the hard truth.

3. I'm a "sis" not a "bro" :)

4. As I said, I may be too "soft" and I'm willing to admit I may lean too far in the other direction, and the proper response may be somewhere in the middle.

That being said, let me try to clarify my issue, if possible.

My observation is that sometimes those with questions are accused of being "insincere" because they continue to persist in their unbelief after they receive a reply that is assumed to be sufficient.

My own personal opinion---and I accept that is all it is------is that people need time to process information; especially information that is difficult and goes against their established (and comfortable) belief system. I don't expect them to immediately respond, "Oh hey, yeah, you're right, I'm wrong, I'll completely reverse my way of thinking right here on the spot!"

Yes, that can happen by God's grace. True. But normally it takes a little time. ( Bread of Life is a beautiful case study of that--Praise God!)

It's ok, IMHO, to say, "If you persist in your unbelief your path will lead you to hell".

It's not ok to say, "You are being dishonest, stubborn, insincere, a trouble-maker, etc." when you don't truly know the person's heart".

I know that I am NO Isaiah . Yes, I am called to share the Gospel. Yes, I even am sometimes given the words to say by the Holy Spirit. I have had that experience at times, and it often moves me to tears of joy afterward. But, I do not judge a person's heart. I simply speak the truth to them.

I see a difference between the two.

There have been times that I have PM'd a non-believer and found them to be sincere in their search for answers and hurt by the rejection they felt here. That is a sad commentary on our Christian response.

Bottom line: A person who has questions AND COMES HERE should be given the benefit of the doubt that they are sincerely seeking the Truth, and have been led here by the Holy Spirit. They should be treated with love and patience. WE should pray to the Holy Spirit for guidance each time we respond to them. They should be given the hard truth of the Gospel---"you are a sinner and without Jesus, you are toast". BUT, they should never be rejected as a liar for admitting they don't believe.

It is sometimes.....often, I'd say.....a desperate cry for help.

All I'm asking it that we all, myself included because I can get "harsh" at times if I'm not careful, take pains to not chase people away by our words. I pray everyday for the opportunity to witness. When a lost soul wanders in to WB it is a gift from God, to us, and to them.

Let's cherish that gift........and unwrap it GENTLY.

God bless; your sister in Christ,

Fiosh

:noidea:

I understand what you are trying to convey. It is reasonable. However, I do not agree with some of your points. Firstly, sometimes we are able to see the hearts of others. Some have been given the gift to discern from spirits. These spirits operate through people or they exist outside of people. If seeing the heart of man is not possible then how can Stephen say to the pharisees, "You stiff-necked people, with uncircumcised hearts and ears!". If what I said about Itzomi was wrong then I openly showed her that she should pray for me that I may see the truth. If what I said was wrong then she should not have been mad at me...rather, she would probably have just laughed me off if not pray for me. She would probably have told me, "You don't know what you are talking about...you have no idea...". Why did she off and leave after I admitted that I could have been possibly wrong?

In your first point you said that your thought was not a direct result of my conversation with Itzomi. Surely it was either spawned or encouraged from it. Second point: If you agree with me in telling people the hard truth...then if what I was saying to Itzomiwas true....then would you still agree on me telling her that? As for point 3, sorry. For point 4, being too "soft" has been a trend in the churches of America. It is not just you but preachers and christians all over. To know more about that read http://www.gloryinhiscross.injesus.com/Gro...QBI&UCD=5vj

From your observations you say those with questions are accused of being "insincere" because they continue to persist in their unbelief after they receive a reply that is assumed to be sufficient. If you have "observed" this from me you have it wrong. I speak to many unbelievers and atheists and do not accuse them of being insincere when they do not accept my message. It is because their 'nous' and heart is darkened and hardened respectively. To understand please consider what I saw while speaking to Itzomi...

-A person seeking to find answers to inconsistencies in the bible.

-In the middle, after receiving answers, the person decides to still stay with the current thought and not be changed.

Here I see that she is stubbornly holding onto her original view, which does not allow her to see the simple truth before her. It was not that it made no logical sense...but because she was holding onto this particular view. This was the obstacle I saw. She admitted she was like a dog that would not let go of the bone. What she said concerning herself was very true. Yet have we not considered when our own dog does this? We try to remove the bone from its mouth because we know it would have more fun if it gave it to us so we could toss it and have him fetch it again. Just an illustration from Itzomi's own words.

-Afterwards...Here is where I felt that she was losing the integrity she had at first...though she admittedly would not accept any explanation she still wanted people to answer it. Is there something wrong here??? Obviously. Though is it wrong to say that this person is losing integrity??? For they really are. If your dog will not let go of the bone so you may toss it again for him and yet he refuses to let go of the bone....the dog is simply not being sincere in letting you play toss and fetch with him. He acts like it but in reality he does not want to let go of that bone.

Fiosh, you say It's not ok to say, "You are being dishonest, stubborn, insincere, a trouble-maker, etc." when you don't truly know the person's heart".

Is it ok to say it if it's true and you do know the person's heart? Please notice that twice I told Itzomi if I was wrong to forgive and pray for me. I said that would be the only way because it was something I sensed inside me. It was not some error on the outside which can be reconciled through discussion and review of what was said. What I saw in saying that she was losing integrity was not from what was spoken on the outside (though there can be clues) but what I FELT was going on. This is internal and would require prayer for me if I were in error.

Sincerity can be illustrated in this manner....in your first point you said that your thought was not a direct result of my conversation with Itzomi. I do not feel you were sincere here. If perhaps I did not have a conversation with Itzomi in the manner that I did, would you have posted this thread? Probably not. This, in my opinion, is what is insincere. Surely my conversation with Itzomi had a very great affect on your thought which you say has always been there. Being sincere would have been to say, "Yes, because of what you said or did I have this thought". It's simply being 100% honest with others and yourself. But in being 100% honest you do it in love.

You see...this is another trap of being too soft. If you felt that I was in error you NEED to directly indicate it to me. Doing things indirectly and implying things here and there is not good procedure. I use to be the same...but now I just come out with the hard truth quickly. Probably to balance out the decades of "softness".

Maybe I was completely wrong in the way I handled the conversation with Itzomi on many areas. I probably should have PMed her and not say things in the public and open. I know that I hurt her dignity. This I believe what you guys are trying to perserve in being "soft". But above all things we need to change the attitude of relegating the truth to the back for the sake of being non-condemning or non-judgemental.

This is simply the trend of this age and time.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/30/1987

Firstly, sometimes we are able to see the hearts of others. Some have been given the gift to discern from spirits.

first of all,

where do you get the idea that this lets you know what goes on inside someone else? NO ONE can see everything that another person feels, or thinks, or believes. "Man looks on the outward appearance"....

You may be able to tell if a person is really upset, or frustrated, or needs encouragement- but you can't see anyone's heart on the inside. Just what they choose to/or inadvertently do, show you.

as it was already said- sometimes people DO act nonchalant about things, when they really do care.

secondly-

since when does God say anything about what you can perceive through a message board? You can't see the person, or hear their voice... all it is is words on a page. It is a very shallow representation. It skips all the emotion, and the body language... and the voice tones... you could be mistaking something because they come from a different culture...

I don't agree that anything like what Stephen may have had, is around in such quantity today- and certainly, it wouldn't be accurate to claim you can "know" someone's heart, over message board.

about Itzomi; I PM'd her, and found out that she decided to leave for good- because of her ill reception. I read that whole length of posts... and some of them were quite venemous. Just because someone hasn't given in to the truth- doesn't mean that name-calling, and condemnation will do it! (not talking in this part about any specific person)

one thing that was never said to her, related to her turning her back on God... no one said, "Itzomi, you can turn you back on God- but He will never turn His back on you." (this relating to her saying that she "had" been a Christian...) or, "If you are a Christian, God NEVER lets you go- no matter how much you decide you don't want Him."

everyone assumed that she would understand the reasoning that all comes from a Biblical perspective... but if someone is an unbeliever, they cannot always understand our logic- even the Bible attests to this.

Letting go of your own opinions and beliefs is hard... it's not just a problem with unbelievers... what about the Christians who can't manage to understand how something constitutes legalism? I can give you a perfectly logical, and to me, "sufficient" explanation... but if you are struggling with it, you may not be objective enough to see that the answer makes sense.

also, "ALWAYS be prepared, to give an ANSWER, to EVERYONE who asks the REASON for the hope that is within you."

ALWAYS- not just sometimes- or until you think someone should have understood it... think about it.... think about how many times Jesus had to explain the fact that he was DYING to the disciples!

ANSWER- not a snide remark, or insult.. but a sincere answer. Take people seriously- no matter how bizarre they sound. If they are not serious, they will learn not to post on the board.

EVERYONE- not just the people you like- but EVERYONE!

REASON- not just an "I believe" statement- but a "why I believe" statement! and a "what I believe" put together!

get the idea?

we really need to take the questions of unsaved people seriously. and show them Christ's love.

• Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

Happyclapper saga

Well - thats what I've named it anyway.

I was watching a show on TV last night where this young chap befriended a young girl. This young girl was the happiest she had ever been until she found out that he was a christian. She totally forgot all the good and wonderful moments they had. All she could see was that he was a Happyclapper (christian). My point?????

1 Kings 8:39

then hear from heaven your dwelling place.

Forgive and act. Deal with each man

according to all he does, since you know

his heart (for you alone know the hearts of all men).

1 John 3:19&20

For this is how we know that we belong to the truth

and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence.

Whenever our hearts condemn us. God is greater

than our hearts and he knows everything.

Issues of the heart? where does Jesus dwell?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

first of all,

where do you get the idea that this lets you know what goes on inside someone else? NO ONE can see everything that another person feels, or thinks, or believes. "Man looks on the outward appearance"....

You may be able to tell if a person is really upset, or frustrated, or needs encouragement- but you can't see anyone's heart on the inside. Just what they choose to/or inadvertently do, show you.

as it was already said- sometimes people DO act nonchalant about things, when they really do care.

Where do I get this idea? Here is where....

The Spirit is what allows us to carry out the work of God. There is a spirit of prophecy in saints that reveals the condition of the people or their hearts. The spirits of the prophets are subject to their control (1 Corinthian 14:32).

And on knowing the heart....

1 Corinthians 14:24-25

But if an unbeliever or someone who does not understand comes in while everybody is prophesying, he will be convinced by all that he is a sinner and will be judged by all, and the secrets of his heart will be laid bare. So he will fall down and worship God, exclaiming, "God is really among you!"

We also see that in Romans 2:5 that Paul is speaking out AGAINST unbelievers and here he says, "But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath..." So since when did men have knowledge of the heart of man? Since always. I know some brothers who can know it. Yet there can be times when we make an error. Also there can be brothers who are deceived by unclean spirits and thus may speak the truth but a word that would be destructive to the person. The latter two are in error and would need prayer and admonishment.

Dani you said the following, "I read that whole length of posts... and some of them were quite venemous." Please indicate to me what was venemous. If there were I do not believe any of them were my responses to Itzomi. If you disagree then SHOW me my error. For up to this time no one has SHOWN me what was wrong... The only thing that I have received are indirect responses that are very general. All I receive is that I was being "mean" or "judgemental". Yet no one is showing me what they feel exactly makes me "mean" or "judgemental".

Itzomi was a christian that had gone back to a non-believing christian. Okay...Peter spoke this concerning them...

1 Peter 2:21-22

It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. Of them the proverbs are true: "A dog returns to its vomit,"and, "A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud."

Did I ever call Itzomi..."A dog who has returned to its vomit" or "A sow that is washed but has gone back to her wallowing in the mud"? No, yet you accuse me of being "mean" and "unloving"?! If you look again, each time I gave a very thorough response regarding what she CAN DO to seek the truth. I first expose the problem and indicate the solution. The solution has been the majority of all my responses yet it seems like all you are concentrating on is the other part of exposing the problem. In the Old testament the majority of the prophecies to the people are exposing the problem and it is less on the blessing.

And Dani, you clearly did not read my last response here. Since you say I can't know anything about the person over a message board... I made that clear in the following... Please read carefully.

it was not some error on the outside which can be reconciled through discussion and review of what was said. What I saw in saying that she was losing integrity was not from what was spoken on the outside (though there can be clues) but what I FELT was going on. This is internal and would require prayer for me if I were in error.

What error am I refering to? The error of being wrong in the condition of her heart. For I did not see it through the words (externally) but I felt it while reading the message. So nothing on the outside or NOTHING ON THE MESSAGE BOARD caused such conviction. It was primarily what I felt was going on. And again, I openly admitted that I could be in error. And being that I was convicted of this not from the words on the screen but through what I felt...it would require prayer.

I already PMed Fiosh and I also invite many others to continue to discuss how they feel I was wrong in my converastion with Itzomi. Since this is becoming more personal and less public oriented, it would be best for my sake that it be done through private messaging.

Oh...and you also said that following and I'm assuming it's in regards to me...

also, "ALWAYS be prepared, to give an ANSWER, to EVERYONE who asks the REASON for the hope that is within you."

ALWAYS- not just sometimes- or until you think someone should have understood it... think about it.... think about how many times Jesus had to explain the fact that he was DYING to the disciples!

ANSWER- not a snide remark, or insult.. but a sincere answer. Take people seriously- no matter how bizarre they sound. If they are not serious, they will learn not to post on the board.

REASON- not just an "I believe" statement- but a "why I believe" statement! and a "what I believe" put together!

Please read ALL of my posts and see whether this is true or not. For you to say to me that I have not been doing this is very judgmental. I have ALWAYS given an answer....I had always ANSWERED truthfully and sincerely (please show me out of all my posts when I have had a snide remark, or insult and when I have NOT taken pple seriously). And of course it is for EVERYONE...did you not see that I wrote to Fiosh in this very thread that we should share a message of blessing and condemnation with both those we favor and those we do not like. I, even in fact said, if we favor or dislike ANYone in the church our heart is not in the right place. And now you say REASON, very very much so. Did you not read why I told Itzomi to "prayfully read the New Testament?" The New Testament speaks of Christ who is the expression of God and 'prayfully reading' is done so you may receive scripture correctly.

So do I get it? Very much so as indicated by my posts in this forum.

Edited by felix

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  265
  • Birthday:  12/30/1987

first of all,

Where do I get this idea? Here is where....

The Spirit is what allows us to carry out the work of God. There is a spirit of prophecy in saints that reveals the condition of the people or their hearts. The spirits of the prophets are subject to their control (1 Corinthian 14:32).

And on knowing the heart....

1 Corinthians 14:24-25

But if an unbeliever or someone who does not understand comes in while everybody is prophesying, he will be convinced by all that he is a sinner and will be judged by all, and the secrets of his heart will be laid bare. So he will fall down and worship God, exclaiming, "God is really among you!"

We also see that in Romans 2:5 that Paul is speaking out AGAINST unbelievers and here he says, "But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath..." So since when did men have knowledge of the heart of man? Since always. I know some brothers who can know it. Yet there can be times when we make an error. Also there can be brothers who are deceived by unclean spirits and thus may speak the truth but a word that would be destructive to the person. The latter two are in error and would need prayer and admonishment.

Dani you said the following, "I read that whole length of posts... and some of them were quite venemous." Please indicate to me what was venemous. If there were I do not believe any of them were my responses to Itzomi. If you disagree then SHOW me my error. For up to this time no one has SHOWN me what was wrong... The only thing that I have received are indirect responses that are very general. All I receive is that I was being "mean" or "judgemental". Yet no one is showing me what they feel exactly makes me "mean" or "judgemental".

Itzomi was a christian that had gone back to a non-believing christian. Okay...Peter spoke this concerning them...

1 Peter 2:21-22

It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. Of them the proverbs are true: "A dog returns to its vomit,"and, "A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud."

Did I ever call Itzomi..."A dog who has returned to its vomit" or "A sow that is washed but has gone back to her wallowing in the mud"? No, yet you accuse me of being "mean" and "unloving"?! If you look again, each time I gave a very thorough response regarding what she CAN DO to seek the truth. I first expose the problem and indicate the solution. The solution has been the majority of all my responses yet it seems like all you are concentrating on is the other part of exposing the problem. In the Old testament the majority of the prophecies to the people are exposing the problem and it is less on the blessing.

And Dani, you clearly did not read my last response here. Since you say I can't know anything about the person over a message board... I made that clear in the following... Please read carefully.

it was not some error on the outside which can be reconciled through discussion and review of what was said. What I saw in saying that she was losing integrity was not from what was spoken on the outside (though there can be clues) but what I FELT was going on. This is internal and would require prayer for me if I were in error.

What error am I refering to? The error of being wrong in the condition of her heart. For I did not see it through the words (externally) but I felt it while reading the message. So nothing on the outside or NOTHING ON THE MESSAGE BOARD caused such conviction. It was primarily what I felt was going on. And again, I openly admitted that I could be in error. And being that I was convicted of this not from the words on the screen but through what I felt...it would require prayer.

I already PMed Fiosh and I also invite many others to continue to discuss how they feel I was wrong in my converastion with Itzomi. Since this is becoming more personal and less public oriented, it would be best for my sake that it be done through private messaging.

Oh...and you also said that following and I'm assuming it's in regards to me...

Please read ALL of my posts and see whether this is true or not. For you to say to me that I have not been doing this is very judgmental. I have ALWAYS given an answer....I had always ANSWERED truthfully and sincerely (please show me out of all my posts when I have had a snide remark, or insult and when I have NOT taken pple seriously). And of course it is for EVERYONE...did you not see that I wrote to Fiosh in this very thread that we should share a message of blessing and condemnation with both those we favor and those we do not like. I, even in fact said, if we favor or dislike ANYone in the church our heart is not in the right place. And now you say REASON, very very much so. Did you not read why I told Itzomi to "prayfully read the New Testament?" The New Testament speaks of Christ who is the expression of God and 'prayfully reading' is done so you may receive scripture correctly.

So do I get it? Very much so as indicated by my posts in this forum.

I am sorry that you took my whole post as a personal attack on you. I was not speaking only to you, or even mostly to you. I was speaking after getting a general impression of the entire thread's attitudes. Sure, a lot of you put snippets at the end of a post that gives you a disclaimer for judging someone's condition... but does that really change the way that the rest of the message reads? Once someone has read the rest of something, and feels belittled, (the "why do you ask such silly/unimportant/trivial questions" feeling) is it going to make them instantly feel better, if they read a little bit at the bottom of a post, that vaguely disclaims the contents?

I still do not see sufficient proof from those few verses you showed me, to demonstrate why it is certain that we, TODAY have the ability to see into people's hearts. However, I am going to drop that, because I think it is likely a denominational issue, that will not be able to be solved.

as to Itzomi, regardless of what she may or may not have done, we still need to show compassion. Because WE cannot know when a person has passed the point of no return (when they are unable to repent), we must continue to show them God's love.

Guest mylittlelambs

Dood, did I read that right? The only reason you come here is to fight? Do you go to church are you living your life for Christ? Maybe I am just confused, but if you come here just to fight that is sad.

"My observation is that sometimes those with questions are accused of being "insincere" because they continue to persist in their unbelief after they receive a reply that is assumed to be sufficient" by fiosh-

i will have to do a few replys maybe because i am not so skilled at posting yet. but just wanted to say this could be true. for example reading over a lot of posts a particular guest/member posted a lot of one-line question about going to hell and various topics that i cant remember now- and anyway it was basically established they were trying to make fun etc and not serious- but the one line questions that were asked were of great relevance to me (as i am undecided on my feelings) and so i read over the proper answers carefully and found them useful.

so even if the person who origanally asked the question WAS making fun, it didn't matter for it served a purpose to me (and i am sure others)

i think it can be a little scary and appear as though there is a tough set of christian rules.

as me, still a non-believer, i guess you would still say....has always had the view (which i know others have) of "don't get sucked into religion, cos once your in, your in" ....maybe an offensive way to put it, but i think it just comes down to you have to do things in your time when it feels right? probablly a better way to put it. im not sure.

but yes, i think the answers are beneficial.

as they are helping me.

just a perspective.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  295
  • Birthday:  04/26/1932

It has been my experience over the years that some Believers go into a confrontational mode when questioned by non-believers. And when they do share with them it's doctrine and dogma rather than the simple Gospel of our Lord. Some believers (far too many I believe) try to get the lost to a church where they hope someone will share the Gospel with the rather than carrying out the command we have all been given to "...go into all the world and preach the Gospel..." I believe both of these approaches will scare away non-believers because no one wants to argue or be insulted and few non-believers want to attend a church.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

"My observation is that sometimes those with questions are accused of being "insincere" because they continue to persist in their unbelief after they receive a reply that is assumed to be sufficient" by fiosh-

i will have to do a few replys maybe because i am not so skilled at posting yet. but just wanted to say this could be true. for example reading over a lot of posts a particular guest/member posted a lot of one-line question about going to hell and various topics that i cant remember now- and anyway it was basically established they were trying to make fun etc and not serious- but the one line questions that were asked were of great relevance to me (as i am undecided on my feelings) and so i read over the proper answers carefully and found them useful.

so even if the person who origanally asked the question WAS making fun, it didn't matter for it served a purpose to me (and i am sure others)

i think it can be a little scary and appear as though there is a tough set of christian rules.

as me, still a non-believer, i guess you would still say....has always had the view (which i know others have) of "don't get sucked into religion, cos once your in, your in" ....maybe an offensive way to put it, but i think it just comes down to you have to do things in your time when it feels right? probablly a better way to put it. im not sure.

but yes, i think the answers are beneficial.

as they are helping me.

just a perspective.

Thanks for your comments, unsure.

:24:

I pray that one day you will change your name to "SURE!"

God Bless You.

Peace,

Fiosh

:24: