• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  175
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/02/1964

If we start to examine preceding marks of the coming of Jesus, so one good starting point are the own words of Jesus, in which he referred to the days of Noah and Lot day concerning that generation, which would experience his coming. For he stated, that the conditions just before his coming would resemble very much the societies of Noah and Lot

Guest Tennessee Elijah
the days of Noah

As we know, "one day" for God is like a "thousand days" for us. Even so, like you, I believe as it was in the days of Noah, so is it now! I've been believing this for over twenty years. Back in 1982, I started using these questions in my writings: Where will we be in 2003? Will we be in Hell or Heaven in 2007? In my opinion, we have been going through a "transition" which is leading to the "catching away" of loyal souls in the near future.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/10/1978

If we start to examine preceding marks of the coming of Jesus, so one good starting point are the own words of Jesus, in which he referred to the days of Noah and Lot day concerning that generation, which would experience his coming. For he stated, that the conditions just before his coming would resemble very much the societies of Noah and Lot's time, and that before his coming, people would be also as unprepared as then; in other words the history would repeat in this way itself:

- (Luke 17:26-30) "Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man.

27. People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all.

28. "It was the same in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building.

29. But the day Lot left Sodom, fire and sulphur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all.

30. "It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed.

When we then start to examine, that can we see in the current society marks of the same kind of time as the days of Noah and Lot, so it is startling to notice, that we are going very fast speed to that direction. For when the prophetic word prophesies, that the condition of the mankind goes lower and lower and more immoral, the longer the world is drawing closer the evening of time, and the closer is the coming of the Son of Man, so there are nowadays in sight just such marks and development; in other words development, which indicate that old prophecies come true just before our eyes.

In the next paragraphs we are indeed going to bring out some such kinds of examples, which indicate the direction of development. In the best way this development appears thus, when we compare various points of times and decades with each other.

http://koti.phnet.fi/elohim/Lastdays1

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

es

Edited by Ovedya

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

If we start to examine preceding marks of the coming of Jesus, so one good starting point are the own words of Jesus, in which he referred to the days of Noah and Lot day concerning that generation, which would experience his coming. For he stated, that the conditions just before his coming would resemble very much the societies of Noah and Lot

Guest shiloh357
First, the years from the cross to the desolation of Jewish system in Jerusalem in the A.D. 70 is the last days of the covenant of the law.

No, the old covenant system ended at the cross, NOT A.D. 70

It is stated time and again that the New Testament was written in the final years of the

First, the years from the cross to the desolation of Jewish system in Jerusalem in the A.D. 70 is the last days of the covenant of the law.

It is stated time and again that the New Testament was written in the final years of the

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

If we start to examine preceding marks of the coming of Jesus, so one good starting point are the own words of Jesus, in which he referred to the days of Noah and Lot day concerning that generation, which would experience his coming. For he stated, that the conditions just before his coming would resemble very much the societies of Noah and Lot’s time, and that before his coming, people would be also as unprepared as then; in other words the history would repeat in this way itself:

- (Luke 17:26-30) “Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man.

27. People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all.

28. “It was the same in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building.

29. But the day Lot left Sodom, fire and sulphur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all.

30. “It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed.

When we then start to examine, that can we see in the current society marks of the same kind of time as the days of Noah and Lot, so it is startling to notice, that we are going very fast speed to that direction. For when the prophetic word prophesies, that the condition of the mankind goes lower and lower and more immoral, the longer the world is drawing closer the evening of time, and the closer is the coming of the Son of Man, so there are nowadays in sight just such marks and development; in other words development, which indicate that old prophecies come true just before our eyes.

In the next paragraphs we are indeed going to bring out some such kinds of examples, which indicate the direction of development. In the best way this development appears thus, when we compare various points of times and decades with each other.

http://koti.phnet.fi/elohim/Lastdays1

Everyone has been saying that for 2-3000 or more years.

es

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It is stated time and again that the New Testament was written in the final years of the "world that then was," otherwise known as the Old Covenant or Old Testament era (Heb. 1:2). This is the period of the "last days", or "end of the age," which saw its fulfillment.

No, the reference is the last days relative to the second coming of Christ. The apostles believed that Jesus would physciall return to the earth to reign in Jerusalem, and they had several OT prophecies that state as much.

By presenting Scripture in such a way, as to allow it to speak for itself, we will see that the New Testament is a collection of books written in the "last days" of the Old Covenant, all of which display the 'earnest expectation' of the believers that the last days would be in their lifetimes.

Wrong, every single one of the books of the New Testament are written after the cross, thus after the end of the Old Covenant. Paul and the rest of the aposltes were ministering under the New Testament economy.

Most honest students of the Bible already realize that the New Testament is full of time statements that point to an imminent last days of the Old Covenant.
No, that is not even close to what the aposltes said. They spoke of the end of the ages relative to the second coming, not the end of the OT economy.

Everything else you have written is based upon the false premise that the "last days" in the NT are a reference to the OT economy, and you could not be more wrong. Everything built on that false premise are equally false.

In the Olivet Discourse, Jesus points to the temple and great buildings and says, "not one stone shall be left upon one another, that shall not be thrown down (Matt. 24:1-3; Mark 13:1-4; Luke 21:5-7). The disciples respond by asking two questions: 1) When will these things take place? And 2) What will be the sign of Your coming and the end of the age?

This refers to the destruction upon Jerusalem in 70 AD. Matthew 24:1-3 expressly refers solely to the destruction of the temple and Christ's return at the end of the Jews age. The reference to the "end of the world," in that scripture is literally translated "end of the age." The Jewish age ended at the destruction of Jerusalem and its Temple. "Jesus does not change subjects when the disciples ask the question when will these things take place? What things? The things about the Temple Jesus just mentioned in verse 1.

Jesus left the temple and was going away, when his disciples came to point out to him the buildings of the temple. But he answered them, "You see all these, do you not? Truly, I say to you, there will not be left here one stone upon another, that will not be thrown down." As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will this be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the close of the age?" (Matthew 24:1-3)

As Jesus' disciples had just heard His prediction of "desolation" for the temple and city, they no doubt felt bewildered and wondered, "Lord, you cannot mean this temple!" They must have been astonished when Jesus told them that the temple was going to be destroyed, with not one stone left upon another. The disciples' question involved three interrelated events: (1) the time of the temple's destruction; (2) the signs that would signal Jesus' Coming; and (3) the sign that would bring about the end of the age, compare parallel passages in Mark 13:4 and Luke 21:7. The disciples' questions were related to the destruction of the temple and the end of the Jewish economy and to nothing else. There is no basis for a 2000-year "gap theory."

It is time to get back to the clear teaching in the Bible

I think I would have to disagree with your statement about the 2000 year gap........

0"See to it that no one misleads you. 5"For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will mislead many. 6"And you will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars; see that you are not frightened, for those thingsmust take place, but thatis not yet the end. 7"For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes. 8"But all these things are merelythe beginning of birth pangs. 9"Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations on account of My name. 10"And at that time many will fall away and will deliver up one another and hate one another. 11"And many false prophets will arise, and will mislead many. 12"And because lawlessness is increased, most people's love will grow cold. 13"But the one who endures to the end, he shall be saved. 14"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a witness to all the nations, and then the end shall come.

NASB

Mark 13:5-10

"See to it that no one misleads you. 6 "Many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He!' and will mislead many. 7 "And when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be frightened; those things must take place; but that is not yet the end. 8 "For nation will arise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there will be earthquakes in various places; there will also be famines. These things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.

9 "But be on your guard; for they will deliver you to the courts, and you will be flogged in the synagogues, and you will stand before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them. 10 "And the gospel must first be preached to all the nations.

NASB

0"See to it that you be not misled; for many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and, 'The time is at hand'; do not go after them. 9"And when you hear of wars and disturbances, do not be terrified; for these things must take place first, but the end doesnot followimmediately."

10Then He continued by saying to them, "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, 11and there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven. 12"But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and will persecute you, delivering you to the synagogues and prisons, bringing you before kings and governors for My name's sake. 13"It will lead to an opportunity for your testimony. 14"So make up your minds not to prepare beforehand to defend yourselves; 15for I will give you utterance and wisdom which none of your opponents will be able to resist or refute. 16"But you will be delivered up even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and they will put someof you to death, 17and you will be hated by all on account of My name. 18"Yet not a hair of your head will perish. 19"By your endurance you will gain your lives.

20"But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize that her desolation is at hand. 21"Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, and let those who are in the midst of the city depart, and let not those who are in the country enter the city; 22because these are days of vengeance, in order that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23"Woe to those who are with child and to those who nurse babes in those days; for there will be great distress upon the land, and wrath to this people, 24and they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

NASB

The two thousand years that you say are not there are in the parts that I colored green. The times of the Gentiles are over and have been since June 30, 1967 when Jerusalem was no longer trampled underfoot of the Gentiles.

The key in timeing for the end, is the time of the Gentiles being over and preaching the Gospel to "All" nations.

What's next......

025"And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and upon the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, 26men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27"And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28"But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."

29And He told them a parable: "Behold the fig tree and all the trees; 30as soon as they put forth leaves, you see it and know for yourselves that summer is now near.

31"Even so you, too, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near. 32"Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place. 33"Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.

NASB

The times of the gentiles are over...... the dividing of the time has happened and already we are seeing Nature start to change...... this is the budding of the leaves, and we have but one generation and it will all be complete

I do agree with one thing you said, "It is time to get back to the clear teaching in the Bible"

The times of the gentiles are over...... the dividing of the time has happened and already we are seeing Nature start to change...... this is the budding of the leaves, and we have but one generation and it will all be complete

I do agree with one thing you said, "It is time to get back to the clear teaching in the Bible"

One thing that I did agree with you is that The times of the gentiles are over and here is why.

The Times of the Gentiles