DaughterofKing

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

No I understand this...I believe, I dont fornicate or date at all for that matter, I try not to lie or steal, I try to do all of these things, but I am stilll a sinner and always will be:

I am lazy, I sometimes get annoyed with my parents and sulk instead of doing what they ask, I dont like a lot of people, I dont like church and I dont go to church. These things about me will probably not change , or if they do I will never be perfect. So...I am afraid of going to hell...I am afraid of seeing God and having him say to me, "You were lazy and you did not spread my word. YOu didnt go to church at all and you were disobedient to your parents"...And then he'll send me to weep and gnash my teeth....

I will never be perdect, I will always be as I am and I will always make mistakes and be much less than perfect, sinful even, and so I fear hell....I mean what if heaven is really only reserved for the Mother Teresas of the world????

Daughter,

As I read this post it occurs to me that you are viewing salvation as something we perform our way into or out of.

Have you ever considered this:

Salvation is a restored relationship with God. Since God is Holy, any violation of His standard will offend His character.

All people (Mother Theresa, Billy Graham etc) have fallen short of God's standard.

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 3:23 NASB

Because all of us have fallen short of God's standard, we are all separated from God (or dead spiritually).

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 6:23 NASB

Because all of us are born separated from God, we will one day stand before God, so He can decide where we will spend eternity. We will either be with Him, or separated from Him.

And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,

Hebrews 9:27 NASB

So, in order to get into hell ( the place of eternal separation) all people need to do is continue to live their lives. Not matter what they do to try and mend the relationship with God it will fail. That is because none of us are perfect, and so we can never live up to God's standards

God, on the other hand provided a solution. He became a man and lived the perfect life that measured up to God's standards. He offered Himself as a payment to God for the places we fall short. He was killed and then raised from the dead on the third day so that He would defeat the death (separation) that we all experience. That man was Jesus

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 5:8 NASB

Jesus lived the perfect life that we cannot live. Now He offers the gift of what He did, so that if we take the gift we can be reunited with God and experience eternal live. It is a gift. It is only on the basis of what we do with that gift that will be the determining factor on where we spend eternity (with God, or separated from God)

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9 NASB

So all we need to do to have our relationship with God restored is receive the gift. We do that by:

1. Believing - committing our eternal destiny on the work of Jesus. Agreeing with God about who He is, who we are, and what the need for us is.

Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 5:24 NASB

2. We repent - or turn our orientation from living according to our own selves, to being willing to live as God would have us live

...to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, in order that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me.

Acts 26:18 NASB

3. We receive the gift by asking God for it

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,

John 1:12 NASB

Once a person has received the gift that Jesus offers (restored relationship with God), God no longer looks at their sin. Jesus paid the penalty for all sins we will ever commit, so we can be assured we will spend eternity in God's presence (eternal life)

For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, in order that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

1 Peter 3:18 NASB

Once we receive the gift, we receive a new life as well. We are now enabled to begin the process of becoming more and more like Jesus

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 2:10 NASB

When we mess up we can go to God at anytime for forgiveness and cleansing

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us rom all unrighteousness.

1 John 1:9 NASB

But we need never fear of being separated from God again. That gift is one that is given and never taken back. It isnot based on what we do, but on what Jesus has done.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

But dont you understand what im tryin gto say..I cant do it, i cant be good, no matter how hard i try, u all seem to be saying that it will happened if i try, in time, if Christi is in me...but i cant...i cant do it and i wont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will I go to hell?????

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

But dont you understand what im tryin gto say..I cant do it, i cant be good, no matter how hard i try, u all seem to be saying that it will happened if i try, in time, if Christi is in me...but i cant...i cant do it and i wont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will I go to hell?????

Only God can decide who is in right relationship with Him and who is not. He offers you the free gift of awesome outrageous grace. If you desire it for yourself, on His terms, He will give it to you in abundance

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/24/1989

If you confess with yuor mouth that Jesus is Lord, and God raised him from the dead you will be saved. The onlyunforgiveable sin is blaspheming the Holy Spirit, which means to deny God and all that He has done for you. To reject Him. That is teh only way that you can go to hell. God saves us by His grace, and not by our works... lest anyone boast.

Guest shiloh357

Will I go to hell?????

No you can't be good enough. Neither can I. That is not the point. It is Christ living His life through me to the extent that my flesh does not get in the way. The Christian life is not about being good. It is a matter of being filled and controlled by the Holy Spirit and allowing Him to move through you. That is the only way any of us are able to live the Christian life.

You are the one who does not understand. You don't go to hell for being lazy, not witnessing or not "being good." However, your apparent lack of desire to serve the Lord is strong indicator that you need to examine WHY you think you are a Christian.

So here is the question: How do you know you are saved? If you have no desire to serve God, then the problem may be that you are not saved in the first place. None of your questions mean anything unless you can first demonstrate that you are indeed born again.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I do believe...but.....I mean I dont know what to say...I do not have a strong desire to go out and witness or join a church...if that means I am not truly saved-then perhaps I am not?

Guest shiloh357
I do believe...but.....I mean I dont know what to say...I do not have a strong desire to go out and witness or join a church...if that means I am not truly saved-then perhaps I am not?

Let me ask you this. If you were to die tonight, are you absolutely, 100% sure that you would go to heaven?

If you are? How do you know your saved? What do you think makes a person saved?

If you are not sure, do you want to be saved? Do you want the assurance that only Christ can give? Jesus is only a prayer away.

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

(Romans 10:8)

You can have the assurance you need, and you can have new heart, one that longs to serve Christ. What will you do with Jesus?

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

What must I do to go to hell?

Nothing... :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

DK-

You have to ask yourself one question and answer it honestly....not to any of us, but to yourself. Do you accept the gift of salvation given to you by Jesus at the cross and do you accept Him as your Lord and Savior? I am not asking if you believe in God. Satan believes in God, but he doesn't accept Him as Lord, and is doomed to hell. Being saved is not about being good enough, or knowing enough bible verses, or witnessing, or going to church. Being saved is simply acknowledging the fact that you are a sinner and that you know that you will never be good enough. Then, comes the important part. Go to God and ask for forgiveness and accept Jesus' gift of salvation. Accept not only the salvation, but also make a decision to worship God and let Him be your Lord. That is what saves your soul from eternal damnation and keeps you from hell.

Sandy

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Will I go to hell?????

Hi Daughter,

The last phrase "and i wont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" says a lot. Is it because you want your sin yet want to avoid Hell? In one sense it is a surrender, throwing down of our weapons/war against God. The bible says that all are at war with/against God. And friendship with the world is fighting with God.

Jas 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
What everyone else has said is true that none of us can live the life that is pleasing to God in ourselves. Only Jesus living through us. He lives through us as we die to ourselves. Paul says that we are to reckon ourselves dead to sin and alive to Jesus Christ.

If you are having a hard time willing to do what is right then tell God. He already knows. And if it is your desire to do what is right yet are still unable to, let Him know that also. He already knows that too. Sometimes He just wants to hear it from our mouths. If we CONFESS our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and CLEANSE US from all unrighteousness.

If you find yourself telling God what is troubling you you are on the right track. All that you are asking advise here you need to go right to the one who has the answers. He want to hear from you. None of us can save you. We can point you in the right direction. It is up to you to go in the right direction. We can't go for you.

LT