IGNORED

What must I do to go to hell?

DaughterofKing

Guest mylittlelambs

Well I want to go to Heaven and get the Diamonds (or what jewel) on my crown. So I can give Jesus my crown and he will see all the good I have done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing... :rolleyes:

Exactly what first came into my mind when i saw this thread.

I would like to add a little explaination to support the above:

Jesus said to Nicodemus in John 3:3

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. "

This also means that Unless a man be born again, he will go to HELL!

And in psalm 51:5 we find "Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me." which means that by DEFAULT we are sinners. And we all know the penalty of SIN, only through Jesus Christ we can bypass this penalty :rolleyes:

So every mothers child need not do anything to go to hell. Just relax and enjoy(?) the ride, the gate of hell is wide open for those who do nothing to seek God and his forgiveness AND repent (to be born again).

Well maybe it didn't answer the question but i just wanted to share this few things with you all. Hoping that it might be a blessings at least to ONE browser

God Bless

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Nothing... :rofl:

Exactly what first came into my mind when i saw this thread.

I would like to add a little explaination to support the above:

Jesus said to Nicodemus in John 3:3

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. "

This also means that Unless a man be born again, he will go to HELL!

And in psalm 51:5 we find "Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me." which means that by DEFAULT we are sinners. And we all know the penalty of SIN, only through Jesus Christ we can bypass this penalty :24:

So every mothers child need not do anything to go to hell. Just relax and enjoy(?) the ride, the gate of hell is wide open for those who do nothing to seek God and his forgiveness AND repent (to be born again).

Well maybe it didn't answer the question but i just wanted to share this few things with you all. Hoping that it might be a blessings at least to ONE browser

God Bless

All one has to do to go to hell is to "CHOOSE" it. For it is your life's decision and is an act of you own free will. But be it understood God has done everything for the salvation of mankind so they would never have to see the horror that hell holds for all those who will live wicked and ungodly in this world and will not heed the words in the bible about hell and salvation etc.

is in danger of eternity in hell. I pray your choices in life will be the right ones based on the counsel of God's word. For Him that knows to do right and does it not to him it is sin. All wrongdoing is sin. (1John 2: 15-29, chapter 3:2-10, chapter 5:17) All unrighteous (wrong doing) is sin. So Choose "LIFE"

God bless

Openly Curious

Guest NewPilgrim

DoK. You need to spend a lot of your time, reading and studying the bible, praying to God for help, guidance, insight, strength and conviction.

You need to ask yourself why you cant be bothered actively following Christ and his commandments and when you give yourself the honest answer you need to address it. Possibly by coming back here and telling us why you dont want to witness and go to church etc, so that we can give you advice on how to remedy the situation. If indeed you DO want to remedy the situation.

If youre only desire is to get to Heaven, then your heart is in the wrong place. Your desire should be to know the truth of God.

Are you saved? Your posts make me wonder if you actually know the answer to that question.

How do you avoid going to Hell? believe in Jesus Christ with all your heart mind and soul. Dont "hope" he exists". Strive to know the truth of him and believe in all that he says he is and follow him.

If you want to be a "good" (exemplary) christian, then you need at some point to stop worrying about yourself and start trying to figure out what God wants you to do and do it. The christian life is one of sacrifice, always, whether its giving up some of your free-time or giving up your life. There's no cushy number where Jesus is concernec, but what he will give you if you are faithful to him, is inner peace of mind and a desire to do his good works. You can have a great life serving Christ, witnessing, being part of a local church. If you intent is true, you will great a great deal of pleasure and reward from doing exactly those sorts of things you currently have no intention of doing :rofl: Take it one step at a time, you dont have to rush in headlong, but for goodness sake, its time to at least get off your backside to one degree or another.

Stop scratching your bum and do something for God. If I were you I'd start with learning more about what the bible says, about who Jesus is and how, through Jesus, you can become a worthy disciple.

Whether you're 13 or 30, you should be seeking to please Jesus.

Edited by NewPilgrim

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/28/1951

The fact of the matter is this: Hell that we have been taught to be a place of eternal torment is not in fact that at all. In both the old and new testament the words that are translated as hell really mean the Grave. The Bibe clearly teaches that the wages of sin is DEATH, not eternal torment. Rom. 6:23. And Ja. 1:15 shows that "sin...brings forth death". God is LOVE not a demented being who delights in the pain and suffering of any. We were made in His image and if we see an animal suffering that is beyond our help, we 'put him out of his misery'. That is humane. God is no less.

If you look in the dictionary you will find that the opposite of life (existance) is death (nonexistance). Thruogh out the Bible we find that those who die are actually asleep, (in death). John 11:11-14; 1 Cor. 15:6,18, 20; 2 Pet.3:4; Ps. 13:3; 1 Thes 4:13-15; to name a few. Job even prayed that he might go down into SHEOL, (THE GRAVE), untill God would remember him. I just don't think he really wanted to go to hell, do you. Sheol, meaning grave, being the same word that is translated hell in the OT.

Another thought is this; Jesus said that it was Gods desire that all should "come to a knowledge of God and be saved". In essence before we will be judged at all we must come a KNOWLEDGE of God. True knowledge of Him and what He truely purposes so that we UNDERSTAND in TRUTH. You have to realize here first that the 'whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one' and that he is doing everything he can to mislead 'the entire enhabited earth'. It is not unreasonable to believe that much of what we have been taught by our religious leaders is not exactly the unadulterated truth. Down thru the centuries it has been watered down and mingled with false thoughts and the interpretations of men not necessarily lead by God, but rather their own ambitions, until we no longer have the real truth taught to us, but rather the traditions of men handed down. It was fortold that this would in fact be the case as it says in the Bible that wicked men would come into the flock and lead people away after themselves. In view of the fact that God desires that all should "come to a knowledge of God and be saved" He will not judge us until such time as we will ALL have that. During the miliniel reign of our Lord Jesus, and in the absence of the adversary and all his means of misleading the world, as he will be abyssed at that time, ALL will be taught of these Truths and brought to perfection. After such time, then will we be judged.

With these thoughts in mind our worrying about going to Hell is not scriptural and should not be of concern to any at this time. God looks at our hearts and it is the intention of such that is improtant. We all have come down from the fall of perfection,(Adam) in different ways and have different strengths and weakness's. Don't feel condemned by your failings, as God told Paul, " My stength is made perfect in YOUR weakness". Jesus came to provide for,(cover) what we lack. Whe we truely desire to be pleasing to God, he makes us grow spiritually. This is not instantanious, but rather quite gradual much like we grow up from child to an adult. And besides all this, we are witness's just by bringing our lives into harmony with Gods requirements, and that to our ability. We let our 'light shine' as the Bible puts it when those we know see those changes in our lives and as others observe the godly life we live. One last thought on that is that when you are here in this forum and make these posts how many people do you think see the 'witness' YOU are giving?

Go on 'letting your light shine' and know that your Wonderful, Merciful Heavenly Father knows the intentions of your heart and won't forget and in death we simply sleep and await the waking call of our Lord Jesus at the advent of his Kingdom.

Guest NewPilgrim

HonestHeart, I won't hijack this thread, but I must point out that your understanding of death is gravely short of what the scriptures teach us. Although I admire your earnest desire for an "all loving" God who does not eternally chastise the wicked, there IS condemnation, it DOES involve being consumed by fire and it IS eternal. God is not twisted, as you rightly state, but he does demand righteousness and justice. If you, or anyone else would like to discuss the passages involved, please indicate so and we can start a new thread. Shalom

In view of the fact that God desires that all should "come to a knowledge of God and be saved" He will not judge us until such time as we will ALL have that.

This part confused me. Are you implying that everyone will eventually be saved, or are you simply saying that there is still plenty of time before the judgement? or did you mean something else?

Edited by NewPilgrim

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/28/1951

Hello NewPilgrim,

What I'm saying is that our judgement for life of death will not be until the time when all will be able to come to an accurate knowledge of God and His purposes. As I had said; we have all come from the fall from perfection in Adam in different ways. Some have greater weaknesses than others in one area or another while others excell in other areas. To be certain none are perfect and we are under the influence of the adversary, by and large and most people are totally blinded by him and his influences to the truth about God. Look at all the people in the world who don't belong to christianity and as such are condemned to death because of it. Christianity accounts for a very small part of the world population. Not to mention all who have already died. It would be totally unreasonable and unjust on Gods part to do such a thing. But as He is just and as you say, to which I agree, He demands obedience, how could such ones be able to decide to be obedient if not informed as to the truth about what He requires. Thankfully He is just and that justice demands that ALL be given the oportunity to make and informed and intelligent choice without the blinding and misleading effects of the adversary. This will be accomplished during the millenial rule of our Lord Jesus, when all will be taught, in Truth and love, about our Wonderful Heavenly Creator and His origional plan for all mankind.

My friend I will be out of pocket for the next 5 days, but when I return, if you would like, we can continue this. If you think a new thread is necessary that will be ok. I believe my Email is public, just let me know. Just remember God is way more merciful than any of us give Him credit for. He doesn't desire any to loose out and in His great Wisdom has made just arrangements for the salvation of ALL that will, once thourally informed and with full understanding accept it....Bruce

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

The fact of the matter is this: Hell that we have been taught to be a place of eternal torment is not in fact that at all. In both the old and new testament the words that are translated as hell really mean the Grave. The Bibe clearly teaches that the wages of sin is DEATH, not eternal torment. Rom. 6:23. And Ja. 1:15 shows that "sin...brings forth death". God is LOVE not a demented being who delights in the pain and suffering of any. We were made in His image and if we see an animal suffering that is beyond our help, we 'put him out of his misery'. That is humane. God is no less.

If you look in the dictionary you will find that the opposite of life (existance) is death (nonexistance). Thruogh out the Bible we find that those who die are actually asleep, (in death). John 11:11-14; 1 Cor. 15:6,18, 20; 2 Pet.3:4; Ps. 13:3; 1 Thes 4:13-15; to name a few. Job even prayed that he might go down into SHEOL, (THE GRAVE), untill God would remember him. I just don't think he really wanted to go to hell, do you. Sheol, meaning grave, being the same word that is translated hell in the OT.

Another thought is this; Jesus said that it was Gods desire that all should "come to a knowledge of God and be saved". In essence before we will be judged at all we must come a KNOWLEDGE of God. True knowledge of Him and what He truely purposes so that we UNDERSTAND in TRUTH. You have to realize here first that the 'whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one' and that he is doing everything he can to mislead 'the entire enhabited earth'. It is not unreasonable to believe that much of what we have been taught by our religious leaders is not exactly the unadulterated truth. Down thru the centuries it has been watered down and mingled with false thoughts and the interpretations of men not necessarily lead by God, but rather their own ambitions, until we no longer have the real truth taught to us, but rather the traditions of men handed down. It was fortold that this would in fact be the case as it says in the Bible that wicked men would come into the flock and lead people away after themselves. In view of the fact that God desires that all should "come to a knowledge of God and be saved" He will not judge us until such time as we will ALL have that. During the miliniel reign of our Lord Jesus, and in the absence of the adversary and all his means of misleading the world, as he will be abyssed at that time, ALL will be taught of these Truths and brought to perfection. After such time, then will we be judged.

With these thoughts in mind our worrying about going to Hell is not scriptural and should not be of concern to any at this time. God looks at our hearts and it is the intention of such that is improtant. We all have come down from the fall of perfection,(Adam) in different ways and have different strengths and weakness's. Don't feel condemned by your failings, as God told Paul, " My stength is made perfect in YOUR weakness". Jesus came to provide for,(cover) what we lack. Whe we truely desire to be pleasing to God, he makes us grow spiritually. This is not instantanious, but rather quite gradual much like we grow up from child to an adult. And besides all this, we are witness's just by bringing our lives into harmony with Gods requirements, and that to our ability. We let our 'light shine' as the Bible puts it when those we know see those changes in our lives and as others observe the godly life we live. One last thought on that is that when you are here in this forum and make these posts how many people do you think see the 'witness' YOU are giving?

Go on 'letting your light shine' and know that your Wonderful, Merciful Heavenly Father knows the intentions of your heart and won't forget and in death we simply sleep and await the waking call of our Lord Jesus at the advent of his Kingdom.

I think maybe you should go and study the subject of hell more in depth. It is very apparent to me that you have not done enough of your homework. Have you not even studied the story of Lazurus and the Rich man for it alone blows all of your personal theories on the matter and we all do well to take heed to that particular parable. I do agree that we should beware of the "soothsayers" of our days for their words are sweet to the ears and for a short time they will sooth one's conscious. But be it known the ear itching teachings in our days want get the job done. And the soothsayers message will never ever beat having a clear conscious in God's sight. So getting sin out and keeping it out this and only this will give one a clear

conscious in God's sight. The truth will set you free, for He (Jesus) is our Peace.

Openly Curious

You said you don't wanna do it, won't do it, "no no no" and so forth.

What does this parable of Jesus Christ telling you?

MT 21:28 "What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, `Son, go and work today in the vineyard.'

MT 21:29 " `I will not,' he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.

MT 21:30 "Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, `I will, sir,' but he did not go.

MT 21:31 "Which of the two did what his father wanted?"

"The first," they answered.

Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.

Thanks,

Ed

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  682
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

What must I do to go to hell...I just wanna not go to hell, what is it that I must do to avoid it? I mean, obviously I must love God and follow the commandments...but like if I do not go out and witness or save a soul for God, etc., will I possibly go to hell for not doing all I can? For being lazy???

Luke 10:25-28 says:

On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

"What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"

He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'[c]; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[d]"

"You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."