• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/30/1979

Hi! I am struggling with my spirtual growth and I feel like I'm not as close to God like I used to be infact i know this. I am trying to get back reading the bible and going to church but its hard once you have been out of it so long. I want to be be close to God again in fact I want to be closer than I ever was. Sometimes I feel like I am here and God is 1000 miles away and but yet I do know he is there its just like he feel like it. I have been a Christian for 12 yrs. I just want to start going back to church and all but it hard trying to find a local church. If anyone has any thing that God is speaking to them on the Subject i would love to hear it and any other comments as well

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

Sometimes it feels like God is thousands of miles away--but He isn't! In fact He never left you! When we let ourselves get involved in the pleasures of the world and put them ahead of God we let them take over the JOY God gives. Worldly things then make up our happiness... without them we think we are suffering. But the JOY of the Lord goes on forever. The JOY of the Lord is our promise of salvation and eternal life. There is nothing wrong with having worldly things but when they take priority in our lives they become destructive. Destruction comes when they become our god! Eventually we can never get enough of them, then our satisfaction in them dewindles....and we find ourselves lost, and without nothing!

Take heart worshipisalifestyle, you are on the right track! Stay in the Word, surround yourself in the fellowship of other believers. Be patient and wait on the Lord for he has said:"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jer. 29:11 (NIV)

Remember that! He hasn't forgot about you and help is on the way! :il:

Blessings~

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Sound advice Pam. We've all probaly been there, but Oh the joy of coming back. Just like the prodigal son. Hang in there worship and stay on your knees. God never goes back on His word. GBU.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Colossians 3:2

"Set your affection on things above, not on things on earth."

Well, we are tempted each day, and we usually fall away from the Lord, and

back to the joy of possessions.

But, it's great to be able to come back to the Lord, knowing, He never left us.

:laugh:

Knowing that always brings me back!

Colossians 3:2

"Set your affection on things above, not on things on earth."

Well, we are tempted each day, and we usually fall away from the Lord, and

back to the joy of possessions.

But, it's great to be able to come back to the Lord, knowing, He never left us.

:o

Knowing that always brings me back!

Amen C4C! :a2:

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  32
  • Birthday:  12/30/1986

i know right now as i type this i am struggling with spiritual closeness and i hope to be able to be closer to God when i come through this, worship it is tough i know especially when you long for the closeness and satan keeps you from getting the closeness you need.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey!

I just want to encourage you to not be discouraged by how you "feel." Your longing for Him only proves your heart is in the right place! :blink:

I know how hard it can be to get back into the habbit of reading the Bible. Part of it is the "mindset" you get that it is "work." I know that's what gets me. A pain, isn't it?

I believe what you are going through right now is called a desert. This is a hard time to go through, but well worth the effort. Your soul is dry and thirsty, you're alone, food is something you have to work for to find. But you will be amazed at how your faith is strengthened during this time. (Unfortunately, you can't see this now, but id due time you will!) Just keep pressing into Jesus!

A couple things that help me through my own desert experiences. Learn to involve yourself in continual interaction with the Lord. Talk with Him about anything going on or that you are doing. Just remember HIm in anything you can think of. Meditate on Him. Meditate on the verses you have hidden in your heart and have memorized. Make the effort to live those out.

Also, worship. I'm at the place where nothing but worship satisfies me - as far as CD's to listen to. I'm singing praise and worship to the Lord in the car, in the morning, wherever. Don't feel guilty about worshipping the Lord because "you aren't being faithful" in this or that area. That's a lie. It will just put you in further bondage. But the more you give yourself to worship, the more it will free you. It will work in your life and grow your relationship with the Lord. Worship is called "loving on the Lord" for a reason! :t2:

Another thing that ministered to me is a book called Arena by Karen Hancock. It's a sci-fi/fantasy novel that puts the Christian life into a journey, much like Pilgrim's Progress. What ministered to me was how the characters had a connection with the figure representing the Lord through a "link." They learned to feel and recognize that link. I have found the recognition to my own "link" with the Lord through this analagy as portrayed in the story. So, it's cool! :t2:

God bless you in your journey!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  32
  • Birthday:  12/30/1986

thank you nebula i appreciate it :blink:

Your longing for Him only proves your heart is in the right place! :t2:

I know how hard it can be to get back into the habbit of reading the Bible.  Part of it is the "mindset" you get that it is "work."  I know that's what gets me.  A pain, isn't it?

I believe what you are going through right now is called a desert.  This is a hard time to go through, but well worth the effort.  Your soul is dry and thirsty, you're alone, food is something you have to work for to find.  But you will be amazed at how your faith is strengthened during this time.  (Unfortunately, you can't see this now, but id due time you will!)  Just keep pressing into Jesus!

Amen... so accurately spoken! :wub: