DaughterofKing

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

We are all created in our mother's womb by God..so then why are some babies born with severe birth defects?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

We are all created in our mother's womb by God..so then why are some babies born with severe birth defects?

For God's grace and glory to be shown.

We view defects as a negative thing, yet there is no quantification of why they are bad :rolleyes:

Why is it bad to be blind, deaf, slow in the mind, physical inept to do certain things, ect? Why are all of those bad?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

The reason there are birth defects is SIN HAS ENTERED THE WORLD. Sin is the legal ground that Satan and the demons have to operate with. Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil.

In the story of Joseph, his brothers sold him into slavery - a bad thing. In the end Joseph testified that they, his brothers, meant if for evil but God used/meant it for good. In turning the things meant for evil into something that glorifies the true and living God Jesus destroys the works of the devil.

LT

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Hmmm...

I think first off we should dispel the idea that birth is a creative event. There have only been two creative events in the history of the earth: The creation of all that was created - the old creation, of which Adam is the head; and the creation of the one new man through the death of Jesus Christ - the new creation, of which Christ, the last Adam, is the head (2 Cor. 5:17; 1 Cor. 15:45).

That which is born of the flesh is flesh (John 3:6a). Therefore, because we are each born after our own kind we are the products of the old creation. As products of the old creation we have sin, which was passed down from Adam (Rom. 5:14; 1 Cor. 15:22). It is because of sin, which reigns in our flesh (Rom. 7:18; 25), that various diseases and infirmities plague us. However, God can use these various infirmities for His glory and His purpose (John 9:1-3)

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Some of the abnormalities that children are born with can be resultant fo the life style of the mother during her pregnancy, such as drug abuse or alchohol or smoking or it could be a genetic disorder. God does not cause imperfection. I suppose it can all be traced back to when man fell by taking the wrong advice. Many people blame satan,but satan only set the trap. It was adam who fell for it. However as SJ pointed out it's not necessarily bad. I know many disabled people who are diabled from birth, including one of my own, who have a deeper relationship with the Lord than a lot able bodied christians, and are living witness to the love of Jesus.

God bless all our children.

eric.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Some of the abnormalities that children are born with can be resultant fo the life style of the mother during her pregnancy, such as drug abuse or alchohol or smoking or it could be a genetic disorder. God does not cause imperfection. I suppose it can all be traced back to when man fell by taking the wrong advice. Many people blame satan,but satan only set the trap. It was adam who fell for it. However as SJ pointed out it's not necessarily bad. I know many disabled people who are diabled from birth, including one of my own, who have a deeper relationship with the Lord than a lot able bodied christians, and are living witness to the love of Jesus.

God bless all our children.

eric.

Amen :rolleyes:

• Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/18/1956

as one who works daily with mentally handicapped adults,i personally believe they are here to show God's mercy and grace.i searched a long time to find out why(?) i have one man in my group that when i put on a praise and worship c.d. he praises God.theses people are so special. to see one who's arms are on backwards learn to do a task,to teach one to say your name,to see one that has been kicked out of several workshops because they are to hyper and you can teach them to stay on one task for 30 minutes,makes your heart soar.to watch them be so proud of themselves and smile at you,will melt the hardest of hearts.most that i work with are normal until they get to a certain level.most have the minds of 3/4 yrs old but just have adult bodies.my 2 grandchildren are in the daycare here they are normal,but they do not see the others as handicapped,its amazing to watch a normal child *help* the others to do simple things..

i also know of the horrible birth defects,there isn't much i haven't seen.

i truely believe they are here to help us grow spiritally,and also to be helper for Jesus..oits sorta like washing Jesus's feet when you can help them

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

as one who works daily with mentally handicapped adults,i personally believe they are here to show God's mercy and grace.i searched a long time to find out why(?) i have one man in my group that when i put on a praise and worship c.d. he praises God.theses people are so special. to see one who's arms are on backwards learn to do a task,to teach one to say your name,to see one that has been kicked out of several workshops because they are to hyper and you can teach them to stay on one task for 30 minutes,makes your heart soar.to watch them be so proud of themselves and smile at you,will melt the hardest of hearts.most that i work with are normal until they get to a certain level.most have the minds of 3/4 yrs old but just have adult bodies.my 2 grandchildren are in the daycare here they are normal,but they do not see the others as handicapped,its amazing to watch a normal child *help* the others to do simple things..

i truely believe they are here to help us grow spiritally,and also to be helper for Jesus..oits sorta like washing Jesus's feet when you can help them

Greetings Cag,

It takes a very special person to do what you do day in and day out. Thank you so much for your story and for being there to help these children of God to have a fulfilling life.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/18/1956

Greetings Cag,

It takes a very special person to do what you do day in and day out. Thank you so much for your story and for being there to help these children of God to have a fulfilling life.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

i would like to add: if anyone can do it,i am sure there are places simlar to this in your area.some live in group homes and have outlived their families,at this Chritmas time call and see if anyone needs shoes,coats,personal hygine products.here cwa. has gave them a chritmas party for 20 yrs.and salvation army makes them little bags with toothpaste,saop,socks,deordrant,lotion. its not so much whats in,but for somone to hand them a cristmas present,makes their world a litlle brighter.the blessing is awesome....a smile and thank you :whistling::24:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

All great answers so far. :whistling:

At birth, the flesh may have defects BUT the spirit is perfect and pure. Since the flesh is dust and will return to the ground from where it came AND the spirit will return to the FATHER, which do you think GOD sees when HE looks at the child? The defective flesh, a product of a sin-filled world, OR the sweet spirit of an innocent child?