DaughterofKing

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

If someone is a mean, vicious, cruel, lying, greedy snake, how can I not judge them as being so? Should I live in lala land about it and watch them eat me alive???????? Also I must tell others that they are these things so they dont get eaten alive as well.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Birthday:  04/28/1977

If someone is a mean, vicious, cruel, lying, greedy snake, how can I not judge them as being so? Should I live in lala land about it and watch them eat me alive???????? Also I must tell others that they are these things so they dont get eaten alive as well.

Not judging and loving your neighbor as yourself seem to be the same thing to me. Just hear me out on this one. AT some point I could have been described as mean, vicious, cruel, lying, and a greedy snake. Maybe I don't do it often, but I know I have said things that hurt people. I know I have spent money on myself that could have gone to the hungry.

Here is the strange part, I don't consider myself a bad person. I make excuses for myself. I wouldn't have said that mean thing if she hadn't started it. I didn't want to lie, but the truth would have hurt him. I wasn't being cruel when I told her that she needed to go on a diet, I was trying to be honest and help her get healthy. It isn't my fault she went home and cried for hours. Or I tell myself that I'm not usually like this, so it all balances out in the end.

So I do the same thing with other people. I don't know what they have been through, I don't know what motivates them, I don't know what their relationship with God is. So I give them the benefit of the doubt just like I would hope other people do for me.

In the gospels I don't read that Jesus lived in lala land while they ate Him alive. He healed people, then told them to stop sinning. He told people when they were doing the wrong thing, or thinking the wrong way. He taught with patience, but not weakness.

What I mean is there is a difference in how you express things as a Christian. Telling someone that you love them, forgive them, but can't be around them if they are going to treat you a certain way, or if they continue in a certain sin is one thing. You can express that as a message of hope-that you know they can be a good person and you want the best for them. Now, telling them that they are a sinner, useless, you hate them, and they ARE greedy and mean, and their head is full of dog poop-not the Christian way. That is judging. That is "you aren't good enough for me, watch me look down on you" kind of judging. I think that is the stuff we are supposed to avoid.

jesus our perfect example ,was never critically judemental neither did he attacked anybody's personality[not even the woman caught in the act of aldutery].

he however gave warnings ,on how and who we should associate with.4 example he said 'we should be wise like a serpent,but gentle like a dove',when dealing with unbelivers.so we do not deep our hands into sin.

he said,the disciples should 'beware of the lavens of the pharises ''.so that there good deeds dont get negatively influenced.

hence their is a difference between when we are being judmental and when we warn someone off danger, or a negative character in them.we warn 'cos we love :thumbsup: , and judge 'cos we feel we are beta than the other fellow :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

He did have some very harsh words to give to the Pharisees, Sadducees, teachers of the Law and the Scribes.

And Herod at one point.

Then there were the money changers at the Temple.

Oh, and He gave the Caananite woman the cold shoulder until she expressed faith.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

He did have some very harsh words to give to the Pharisees, Sadducees, teachers of the Law and the Scribes.

And Herod at one point.

Then there were the money changers at the Temple.

Oh, and He gave the Caananite woman the cold shoulder until she expressed faith.

And Jesus said that He had not come to judge the world but to save it. You see, I can say, "You shouldn't steal", to a theif without judging him.

Guest mylittlelambs

It is not our place to judge people. If you see someone or something you dont like just dont comment. I have people who I do not like, I always say hi and have a great day. See by beaing nice to them you "heap the burning coals" on thier head for God's wrath.

Just go by the old saying if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it. It really is not that hard.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  232

mmm...yes but...ok, here is a scenario for instance...

Say their was a mean, lying, cheating man...and my sister says to me, "Hmmm i think I will date him." and i tell her not to, and then she asks me why, what am i supposed to say "Um...never mind, go ahead and date him, i have no place to judge another man, perhaps he has changed since last night, so have fun!!!!"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Say their was a mean, lying, cheating man...and my sister says to me, "Hmmm i think I will date him." and i tell her not to, and then she asks me why, what am i supposed to say "Um...never mind, go ahead and date him, i have no place to judge another man, perhaps he has changed since last night, so have fun!!!!"

All you have to do is provide the proof that he is a lying cheating man, then say no more.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

All you have to do is provide the proof that he is a lying cheating man, then say no more.

Yes that is good advice, the rest is up to her.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Never judge, that is YAHSHUA only.

We are to discern.