Christ's Free Servant

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Days Won:  0

Just a few short questions. Why must you always bash? Why must you try to take that which is precious to someone from them? Oh, yes, now I remember. We must keep everything in context. We must adhere to the letter of the law. We must dot every i and cross every t.

How is it bashing to point out inconsistency with scripture and even within the story? If someone comes on here and says, "I had a revelation that Christ was a spirit that inhabited the body of Jesus and this revelation came way by the Holy Spirit" should I keep my mouth shut out of fear of "bashing" them for being highly inconsistent with the scripture?

In an attempt to paint me as a legalist (which, btw, would not work) you ignored the bigger issue. The fact remains that, as I have already pointed out, the OP is inconsistent with scripture and is merely wishful thinking more than an actual prophecy. Prophecy is the ability to speak boldness in the Word, not always tell the future. I'm tired of "modern prophets" who consistently say, "There will be more disasters, God has told me in a dream!" Well no duh, as we move further away from the historical event of the cross we move more towards the end of the age. Thus, logically, things will get worse. I do believe in prophecy, but I simply do not believe that "end time" prophecy has any place in the modern, or even ancient world (ancient as in post-revelation).

The pastors with multimillion dollar Churches who have 300+ members with nice homes and nice cars aren't exactly the true prophets of God. The true prophets are actually the ones among us who are lowly...probably people who you are misjudging or hold in inferiority. They are probably the ones who you see are belittled all the time.

This right here nullifies any truth that you are attempting to convey. By broadbrushing some amazing ministries (such as a Church in Dallas that has 10,000 members and a multi-million dollar homeless shelter) you show yourself to speak out of spite and not out of Spirit.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Gee. how convinient. You gave your prophecy AFTER the events occured.

I'm ot following you on this one, ak.

Thanksgiving 2006 hasn't come yet!

I re-read her OP slowly and thoroughly. This isn't about the Christmas tsunami or the past hurricanes.

BTW - did you notice the focus of her purpose in writing and preaching?

REPENT! For the Kingdom of God is at hand.

What is unscriptural about this?

:th_handshake:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

For one you completely ignore the fact that it's an inconsistent propphecy. It changes multiple times. Secondly, this isn't in reference to the end times. Peter was quoting from the book of Joel showing that the prophecy had been fulfilled via Pentecost. That prophecy has already been fulfilled.

For one, you completely ignore fact, that, there were no daughters, or any females @ the time

of Pentecost,there were no old man dreaming their dreams. No wonders in the heavens and on Earth.

Sun turned into darkness and moon bloodred. Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.

According to you this has been fulfilled ?

And the " juiciest part " is " And everyone* who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. "

* it is The Most important prediction in bible, because it means : Satanist, muslim, budhist,

jew, atheist, pagan .................................................................... christian..........

Simon and the rest felt different on the day of the Pentecost, smoke was coming out of the room, they started speaking foreign laguages, and the first thing that came to His mind

was Joel. It is small error, they are all dead anyway.

In the other hand, our Sue here is the part of Joel's prophecy. She is a daughter, and she have told us crystal clear vision of what is going to happen' when " Sun turn into darkness, and Moon become bloodred "

If Joel's prophecy has been fulfilled, it means that I just woke up from Coma :thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

There's no harm in someone claiming to have a dream. Many people have dreams.

I have deep reservations about people who claim to have visions. Visions are extremely rare and few. God's own Word tells us we are to walk by faith and NOT by sight.

God does give visions but I know they're few and only God makes the call. He says who gets a vision and when.

Even the patriarchs (Abraham, Isaac, Jacob) in biblical history had a few dreams and few if any visions. We might think of Jacob's dream. Joseph had dreams and could interpret them as well.

Visions are an anomoly where two images are superimposed, one on top the other. It's strange to behold.

A vision is seeing two worlds, one on top of the other. You see everything in the physical world and also in the spirit realm.

Three disciples were able to see into the spirit realm at the tranfiguration of Christ. They were on top of a hill outdoors, but they could see Christ transfigured with two prophets.

I think people tend to confuse dreams with visions. They are very distinct from each other.

Gee. how convinient. You gave your prophecy AFTER the events occured.

I'm ot following you on this one, ak.

Thanksgiving 2006 hasn't come yet!

I re-read her OP slowly and thoroughly. This isn't about the Christmas tsunami or the past hurricanes.

BTW - did you notice the focus of her purpose in writing and preaching?

REPENT! For the Kingdom of God is at hand.

What is unscriptural about this?

:th_handshake:

Because it's supposedly an "end times" prophecy. It is dangerous to listen to prophecies that deal with "end times." The reason is because these people often end up date setting or making a failed attempt to interpret the signs. Jehovah Witnesses began in the same way. I believe in prophecy, just not when it comes to the end times.

For one, you completely ignore fact, that, there were no daughters, or any females @ the time

of Pentecost,there were no old man dreaming their dreams.

Really, there were no females on the earth? Then, pray tell, how did the human population advance so far without having the means to reproduce?

Simon and the rest felt different on the day of the Pentecost, smoke was coming out of the room, they started speaking foreign laguages, and the first thing that came to His mind

was Joel. It is small error, they are all dead anyway.

A small error?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? You do realize that you're making the absurd assertation that Peter made a doctrinal error...meaning that the Bible holds within it a doctrinal error....correct?

Instead of being drunk the believers were experiencing what was described in Joel 2. In Peter

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

So what's this about then?

Acts:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

For one you completely ignore the fact that it's an inconsistent propphecy. It changes multiple times. Secondly, this isn't in reference to the end times. Peter was quoting from the book of Joel showing that the prophecy had been fulfilled via Pentecost. That prophecy has already been fulfilled.

So according to you, we have have come beyond the last days? :whistling:

So what's this about then?

Acts:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

So according to you, we have have come beyond the last days? :whistling:

And you ignore the commentary that explains it, how nice. If you will look to it again, Joel's prophecy is two-folded. Part of it was fulfilled at Pentecost...unless of course you believe the Holy Spirit has yet to be poured out on man.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Because it's supposedly an "end times" prophecy. It is dangerous to listen to prophecies that deal with "end times." The reason is because these people often end up date setting or making a failed attempt to interpret the signs. Jehovah Witnesses began in the same way. I believe in prophecy, just not when it comes to the end times.

Well, unfortunately, we can't know if the prophecy is true or not until next year.

But it is odd - the day after Christmas last year was a tsunami. The day after Easter was an earthquake in the same region.

Well, I'll just "ride this out," so to speak.

But please keep in mind that her focus is more about repentance than "me and my vision."

Mind you, I'm tired of these "end times prophecies," too.

But if you strip away the skepticism, what do you find?

Unless you can show me otherwise, she hasn't been looking for followers. She just seems to have a burden for repentance.

Believe you me, we need more of that. Lack of repentance did a mess in the church I left.

Remember how Jesus told his disciples not to rebuke "those who are not against us"?

What I'm trying to convey is that sometimes we are too quick to shoot down, where we need to be dispensing some grace.

You know?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Hi Cats! How are you? Yes, you are correct in saying that dreams are different from visions. Visions are usually when you are awake and dreams are while you are asleep, though I believe that there may have been instances in scripture where people had visions in dreams. I think the Apostle Paul may have had a vision/dream combination. It says in Acts 16 that during the night Paul had a vision. It does not say whether he was awake or asleep.

The visions I spoke of were when I was awake. In all but one instance, I was having my quiet time with God and was reading his word and he gave me visions of what the word was saying and how it will happen in the future. He does speak to me through his word on a regular basis, but this was different from anything I had ever before experienced. It was like I was seeing the scriptures being played out in front of me as though it were really happening to me and my family members, only it wasn't really happening then. One of them was so real that I wondered if it had already happened. But, immediately after the vision God said "two years." But, even then I wasn't sure if he meant "two years" for that vision to be fulfilled. I, admittedly was new to this vision thing and did not quite know how they worked. Even Peter did not understand the vision God gave him until the third time and even then his understanding was incomplete. The pieces began to come together as he stepped out in faith and obeyed what he believed the vision was telling him. And, that's what I've been doing, too.

Another poster started a thread on dreams, so I posted two of my dreams on there. I find there is one central theme to all the visions and all the dreams - people need to repent of their sin; turn from their sin and turn to God for Jesus is coming soon! God wants all men to be saved - me, too!!

I understand what you mean about being a skeptic - me, too. No one should believe something just because someone said it. But, I do think we should also not just write it off unless it has no relation to scripture or is anti-scripture. I do believe we should keep an open mind and should ask God to help us to know if this is of him or not. We can all be too quick to judge others at times, and I think maybe God wants us to move past some of those prejudices that say it isn't supposed to work this way or that way and he wants us to just seek his face. If we are truly repentant and we are seeking God's face daily, he will show us what is true and what is false.

God bless you in your walk with him!

Well, unfortunately, we can't know if the prophecy is true or not until next year.

But it is odd - the day after Christmas last year was a tsunami. The day after Easter was an earthquake in the same region.

Well, I'll just "ride this out," so to speak.

But please keep in mind that her focus is more about repentance than "me and my vision."

Mind you, I'm tired of these "end times prophecies," too.

But if you strip away the skepticism, what do you find?

Unless you can show me otherwise, she hasn't been looking for followers. She just seems to have a burden for repentance.

Believe you me, we need more of that. Lack of repentance did a mess in the church I left.

Remember how Jesus told his disciples not to rebuke "those who are not against us"?

What I'm trying to convey is that sometimes we are too quick to shoot down, where we need to be dispensing some grace.

You know?

Then the Lord gave me a vision of his judgment on the earth.

THis is why I'm skeptical. Why is God judging the earth and pouring out His wrath prior to the tribulation....the time when God is suppose to pour His judgment out on the earth as well as His wrath? There's more, but it was at that point the entire OP lost me.

Furthermore, in the last post we see:

But, I do think we should also not just write it off unless it has no relation to scripture or is anti-scripture. I do believe we should keep an open mind and should ask God to help us to know if this is of him or not.

In other words, if something theological has no basis in scripture or even contradicts scripture, this isn't enough ground to write it off. I mean, c'mon...do you really want to listen to a "prophet" that tells you to listen to something even if it contradicts scripture? It is merely a prophecy based upon feeling and if any scrutiny is applied to it, even with scripture, then we're "too quick to judge" and "not seeking God's face." It's a bogus prophecy.

Now don't get me wrong, an earthquake probably will happen. All we have to do is look at the area of probability. If I were to say, "Unless we repent, America will suffer even more hurricanes, tornados, and earthquakes within the next ten years" it would come true. Even Joseph Smith got some prophecies correct because the probability of the prophecy occuring was so extremely high. Doesn't mean we should still listen to it.