• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  812
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/15/1961

This is why I'm calling this prophecy out; it's blatantly false. If we are truly children of the Lord then we shall not suffer judgement. That is scriptural. You are asserting that God is going to judge His own children, something we were supposedly saved from. Yet you have the audacity to get on here and accuse me of attacking you when you are tossing around your dream as if though it were factual...when it contradicts scripture. Name one time in American history where the church has been on track. Was it when we were burning witches? Promoting the torture of Native Americans? Allowing black men and women to continue as slaves? During these times the true followers of God did stand up against these atrocities...but let's face it...as a whole the American church has never ammounted to much. Why is God reserving His judgment to this point? Every single generation has had people proclaim prophecies of God bringing judgement to the church for "falling asleep" and every single one of them has become untrue. Why is that? The true church of God does not need to be judged for the Holy Spirit is active within them.
I don't know it right off hand but I do know there is a scripture in the bible that talks about judgement starting in the house of the Lord. I will look for it when I get home.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the scripture I was talking about, mind you I am no scholar but just a simple christian that loves the Lord.

~1 Peter 4:17~ For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Also, consider Aninias & Sapphria who God struck dead because they were christians and they sinned knowingly against God.

If God is willing to judge the Jewish people for their backsliding and sin then how much more so will he be willing to judge us who have the gift of salvation and must be more responsable. God has always judged his people because we should know better.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Here is the scripture I was talking about, mind you I am no scholar but just a simple christian that loves the Lord.

~1 Peter 4:17~ For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Also, consider Aninias & Sapphria who God struck dead because they were christians and they sinned knowingly against God.

If God is willing to judge the Jewish people for their backsliding and sin then how much more so will he be willing to judge us who have the gift of salvation and must be more responsable. God has always judged his people because we should know better.

Look at the context surrounding this passage. Is Peter really referring to judgement passed down by God, or the judgement of this world against Christians? It is my belief and interpretation that judgement, the kind mentioned in the OP, is not justified by this passage. Instead, discipline is justified by it. Notice how the entire passage is dedicated to trials and tribulations and how Christians are to praise God for them. If this judgement is from God, shouldn't Peter be telling them to repent instead of rejoice?

Look at the context surrounding this passage. Is Peter really referring to judgement passed down by God, or the judgement of this world against Christians? It is my belief and interpretation that judgement, the kind mentioned in the OP, is not justified by this passage. Instead, discipline is justified by it. Notice how the entire passage is dedicated to trials and tribulations and how Christians are to praise God for them. If this judgement is from God, shouldn't Peter be telling them to repent instead of rejoice?

Exactly.

Just as Sue's belief and interpretation, my belief and interpretation and anyone else's belief and interpretation. They may differ but that does not mean it is false. There is more than one layer to God's word. It is multilayered and as a person immerses themselves in it God will begin to show them those layers.

What about Aninias & Sapphria? It is my belief that we WILL be judged, and judged more harshly because we are christians and we will have to answer for what we did or did not do with what the Father gave us.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

If there is the slightest mistake in any prophecy it is not from G-d. Look at Isaiah, Daniel, any of the prophets in the Bible, they had startling revelations from G-d, and everything has come true, or will come true. There is no room for error when it comes to prophecy, I feel you have it or you don't. It's not something that would just come and go like a cold. I need to read the OP again, I don't really remember what was inconsistant...

I just reread the OP, here is what I found:

and that the

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Just as Sue's belief and interpretation, my belief and interpretation and anyone else's belief and interpretation. They may differ but that does not mean it is false. There is more than one layer to God's word. It is multilayered and as a person immerses themselves in it God will begin to show them those layers.

As nice as this sounds, it is a post modern view of scripture. I believe that scripture excludes Christians from judgment. Sue is saying God will bring judgement to the church. They are mutually exclusive beliefs, ergo, one of us is wrong. I have to take the stance that she is wrong otherwise I would be saying that my belief is wrong...which would make absolutely no sense and look like a bigger fool than I already am :verkle:

What about Aninias & Sapphria? It is my belief that we WILL be judged, and judged more harshly because we are christians and we will have to answer for what we did or did not do with what the Father gave us.

The Greek verb here (eplerosen) indicates control. In other words, Satan had gained control of his heart. Explain, if Ananias was truly a Christian, how did Satan take full control of his heart? :24:

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Here is some food for thought:(These are taken from Revelation)

Chp 2:1:

My commentary reads: "judgment to begin with the family of God. The persecutions that believers were undergoing were divinely sent judgment intended to purify God's people. the outcome... for those who do not obey the gospel. If God brings judgment on his own people, how much more serious will the judgment be that he will bring on believers."

If you can prove through scripture that I have stated anything that truly contradicts scripture, then state your case with scripture, and please do it respectfully without cutting remarks.

Talk about a shifting advocacy. Just a few posts ago we read from you:

"But, I do think we should also not just write it off unless it has no relation to scripture or is anti-scripture. I do believe we should keep an open mind and should ask God to help us to know if this is of him or not."

Now you are calling for scripture though just a few posts ago you were saying it doesn't matter.

;) I don't understand your question or concern here. I never said scripture did not matter. I said we should not just write someone off just because what they say does not coincide with our own theology. If it does not contradict scripture, then we should keep an open mind. This is speaking of us judging one another based upon our own prejudices. We should always check things out against scripture, but we should never just write someone off because that is not the way we think. You were stating that you felt what I said did contradict scripture, so I was asking you to show me scripturally where I was at fault. You did not do that. But, a few posts back I did share multiple scriptures that show that God does and will judge his people. So, I believe I have answered your concerns that you stated.

You must decide for yourself what you believe, but I would highly recommend that you spend much time in prayer and in God's word asking him to show you HIS truth. God bless you in your endeavors! And, have a Merry Christmas!!