IGNORED

Christian Metal

Guest skeezix

Guest skeezix

well, since someone asked me to enlighten them, here goes.......

i dont consider creed a christian band, or even a good band in general. when they first came out, i kinda liked a few of their songs, so i bought the "my own prison" cd.... i lestened to the song "whats this life for", and was pretty suprised to hear a supposed "christian" band sing "dont have to settle no goddamn score...."!! say what you will about christian metal, but they dont use the Lords name in vain, thats for sure!!

what do i consider deep lyrics? well how about this, a song by Tourniquet...

[Words & Music by Ted Kirkpatrick]

Under the law

Set by Almighty God

The priests had the power

To change your destiny

Festering boils

Chronic disease

For seven days

Complete isolation

The test for lepresy

Find you unclean

Consigned to neglect

Outside the city gates

Tear all your clothes

And cover your face

One hope you have

Your sores will turn white

Thru ritual atonement

Pronunce you clean

The test for leprosy

Heal the unclean

Leprosy, leprosy

Unclean

Leprosy, leprosy

Unclean

We are all like lepers

Without Christ's love in us

Let him heal you let him

Heal you let him will you

or this song.....

The Price Of Submission

(Print the Lyrics)

Lord Almighty, creator of the Earth. Shed your mercy in this life. Great is your hold in my

existence. Dwell in me, ward off temptation. I cry out, cry out the name of Jesus. Oh, my

saviour, let me feel. Guide me to everlasting life, Christ!

All the treasures you've stored up will be obsolete, where they rust and thieves can steal and

kill. Greater is he who is in me than the hatred in this world. Guide me to heaven, your kingdom

reign. Guide me to aid those who won't accept. Accept! Accept! Accept! Accept your truth.

Vanity, insanity, sorcery. Adultery, witchery, murder, all will die. Time to be bondage free ,

end the sin. Only way out of this is Christ. Price of Submission!

The price of submission is death.

ok, these are just a couple, but ya gotta admit, they are clear and to the point.

dont just take my word for it, go on the net and see for yourself. there are ALOT of christian metal bands that have lyrics that put mainstream christian music lyrics to shame.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

there are ALOT of christian metal bands that have lyrics that put mainstream christian music lyrics to shame.

Just for clarity, I hope you are not including mainstream Christian artists such as Michael Card, Rich Mullins, and Nicole Nordeman in this category.

:upsided:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

skeezix,

yep they can quote scripture and put a metal sound to it. not sure if that makes them deep or any different than other bands. this is more what I had in mind two offerings from Creed.

"I hear a thunder in the distance

See a vision of a cross

I feel the pain that was given

On that sad day of loss

A lion roars in the darkness

Only he holds the key

A light to free me from my burden

And grant me life eternally"

or

"Only in America

We're slaves to be free

Only in America we kill the unborn

To make ends meet

Only in America

Sexuality is democracy

Only in America we stamp our god

"In God We Trust""

I could post on and on. Unlike Yod, I don't like to theroize about who is a christian and who is not. Only the Lord truly knows Scott Stapp's heart. He definately does not want the label of "Christian" band because the Church has a very poor track record in America. Very quick to judge the "unbeliever" very slow to take out its own rotting garbage.

- Steve

Guest skeezix

just for the record, i totally respect everyones opinion! im not out to judge any band, although it may have sounded that way, ok? :rofl:

i guess im just sayin that the music doesnt make a difference, just the lyrics AND the lifestyle of the band. i dont care if its old time gospel, rap or metal, as long as it reaches someone and brings them to the Lord!

-skee

Well Yod so is mine. Just for the record the band has officially on their website denied all the allegations of that video. Very much the music industry has an axe to grind against Creed. Much like Bono people of faith who are in the public eye are scrutinized and every piece of dirty laundry and every flipant comment becomes front page news. He did not write his lyrics while a pot head hanging out in a dormitory. Actually the lyrics to "My Own Prison" were written over some period of time. Stapp puts a tremendous amount of time and thought into the lyrics they sing. While in Birmingham where I caught up with the band...he really made an effort to make the lyrics as plain as possible during the show. Bottom line...Scott does not live his life like I think it should be lived. He doesn't want to "be a witness" for what he sees as a corrupt church. He does believe that there are answers to be found and wishes to point those completely lost in the right direction. The funny is that Scott may be a much more useful instrument for the Kingdom than most of the garbage that goes for ministry now in Christendom.

- Steve

No, Yod I just know Stapp and a lot published about them is baloney. Again, I don't think he is living his life right but he makes a lot of good points about the Americanized Church. Lets pray the Lord turns his life around and that the touring and "business" doesn't destroy him. I am with you on this one...we are not on opposite sides I just am a little hesistant to judge someone's salvation. Stapp says he knows the Lord then I believe him. If he gets drunk and dishonors the Lord then he is still a Christian just a bad one.

- Steve

PS He gets a lot of advice that he doesn't listen to. Like think before you speak in interviews. Flippant remarks carry a lot of weight when others look to you as a role model.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I went to a Christian music festival recently like Shilou. I only attended one day and only went to see the Newsboys really. The first 3 groups were not my taste. I don't have a problem with people singing loudly and playing loudly for the Lord, but I just don't like it personally. I want to hear the words, and the Newsboys and Third Day are more my taste. DC Talk has a song off their Jesus Freak CD that is called: What if I Stumble?. This is a strong temptation for the Christian groups. They are like Charles Barkley tried to deny role models whether they like it or not. But, we do need to keep them in prayer instead of judging. I don't know if y'all have heard of Rebecca St James but, I don't know of a better role model for young Christian girls and women than her. She is committed to remaining pure, and accountable on that. I saw her in concert and she preached the gospel so clearly and literally hundreds went forward during the altar call to either recommit to purity or get saved.