abbershay

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How does a person know whether they are a jew or a gentile ?

Salomon had a thousand woman , and if you ask me jews look the same as alot of folks who are called gentiles.

This is another thing that makes me wonder, when pilot was talking to Yeshua he said to him , you think i am a Jew?

I dont really understand why he said that. The Samaritian woman by the well was not considered a Jew but she said that Jacob was their ancestor.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salomon had a thousand woman , and if you ask me jews look the same as alot of folks who are called gentiles.

This is another thing that makes me wonder, when pilot was talking to Yeshua he said to him , you think i am a Jew?

I dont really understand why he said that. The Samaritian woman by the well was not considered a Jew but she said that Jacob was their ancestor.

The Samaritans were descendants of the colonists whom the Assyrian kings "seeded" Palestine with after the fall of the Northern Kingdom in 721 BC. They were despised by the Jewish people of the time because their blood had been mingled with Gentiles and because they worshipped at Mount Gerizem rather than Jerusalem. They were not religous Jews. Nor were they full-blooded Jews. They only had some Jewish blood

Guest shiloh357

Well, LOL, being Jewish has nothing to do with how you look. It has to do with your ancestry. There are many helpful places where you can do a search of your family tree to determine if you have Jewish blood or not.

i dont think it would be that easy to follow you family tree back as far as solomon.

If Solomon had a thousand woman the blood line has to be alot bigger than we know of.

Guest shiloh357

How do you figure a thousand women in the blood line??? He did not have children by those women. They were wives of poltical convenience only.

Furthermore, you don't have to trace back to solomon to determine if you are Jewish or not.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Salomon had a thousand woman ,

I think you meant Solomon?

What does Solomon have to do with your question?

Jews were mostly the Israelite tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi who returned from Babylonian captivity (they were given the name Jews in Babylon - "jew" taken from "Judah").

Thus, the decendants of Solomon were only a portion of the people, but no where near the whole.

Would you please show the Scripture you mean, for I do not know what you are referring to.

Yes that is right solomon .

as for the woman cmon you dont marry anyone an not have children by them in those days esspecailly. And what about all those concubines?

The scripture is this one....

Joh 18:33 Pilate went back into the palace and called Jesus. "Are you the king of the Jews?" he asked him.

Joh 18:34 Jesus answered, "Does this question come from you or have others told you about me?"

Joh 18:35 Pilate replied, "Do you think I am a Jew? It was your own people and the chief priests who handed you over to me. What have you done?"

Guest shiloh357
Yes that is right solomon .

as for the woman cmon you dont marry anyone an not have children by them in those days esspecailly. And what about all those concubines?

He married those women out of political convenience. You are simply assuming too much. They were not women he loved, but he married them as a way of having good relations with kingdoms.

Again, you have no reason to go back to King Solomon to determine Jewishness.

no i think you are the one who is assuming. Actually love is important , In my biblical movie is showed that he loved the queen of sheba more than anyone , but the people rejected her , he wanted his son with her to be the aire to the throne. I dont know if this is correct or not .

But to think that he married these woman without having sex with them is just crazy.

Guest shiloh357
no i think you are the one who is assuming. Actually love is important , In my biblical movie is showed that he loved the queen of sheba more than anyone , but the people rejected her , he wanted his son with her to be the aire to the throne. I dont know if this is correct or not .

But to think that he married these woman without having sex with them is just crazy.

Well that is probably due to some carnality on your part, and not based upon knowledge of the culture of that time period.

Why are the children never mentioned? Why are none of them or these "wives" mentioned in the blood line of Christ? Marriages of political convenience were simply symbolic, and were not what we would consider geninue marriages. It was customary for Kings of that day to do it.

So if you don't know if the movie is correct, why bring it up???

Jewishness does not have to go back to Solomon, and I should know.