IGNORED

A New Year's Dream: nightmare or prophecy?

Christ's Free Servant

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I thnk you misinterpreted the message he was trying to convey.

Nebula,

What message do you think he was trying to convey? Just curious. Oh, my husband wondered if it was an actual dream or if Chuck was writing it as if it were a dream. I'm thinking he actually had this dream. What do you or does anyone think about that? I think my husband was thinking that perhaps Chuck used a "dream" as a way to say what he wanted to say, but I got the impression it really was a dream. Are there other opinions on this subject?

From what I've heard from Chuck Coleson before, he's not an alrmist, nor have I ever heard him delving into the prophetic.

I don't know if this was an actual dream, except the way he described his knees shaking?

My initial thought in reading htis, though, was that it is a warning - and a teaching. That's the kind of passion I have noticed Coleson to work with.

That works for me! I believe he heard from God and I believe it is a warning of what is coming. I personally believe time is short. Wake up America!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I don't think anyone was assuming this was from God. I found it interesting, which is why I posted it. I think it is up to each individual to be discerning about what is from God or not from God. As far as asking you if you think Chuck is listening to God, it was just a question that had to do with you not thinking the dream was from God. I was not making any assumptions. Sorry if it came across that way.

I won't claim to know much of anything about Chuck Colson because I've never really heard his teachings. I only know that people I respect and trust believe he is a Godly man.

I will go so far as to say that I believe he was talking about an actual dream. From my understanding of him, he wouldn't lead people to believe he had a "dream" if what he was saying were merely his "thoughts or opinions."

Lastly, I agree with Nebula. I believe it's a warning for Christians to stay alert and keep oil in their lamps. And mostly, be in prayer, earnestly, about all things. If this dream comes to pass or not, the message of what's been said still stands true.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

that could happen. who's chuck colson?

To quote Nebula:

Chuck Coleson was one of former Pres. Nixon's cabinet members, came to Christ during the turmoil of the scandal, was sentenced to jail (he could have gotten out, but believed the Lord wanted him in prison), and from his jail-term developed a heart for prisoners and eventually founded Prison Fellowship Ministry as an outreach to them.

He's also a politcal analyst, daily commentator, well-respected theologean.

To quote Gerioke:

Chuck Colson was a politician who decided to become honest in the middle of the watergate trial. He could have kept quiet and went free. I doubt he has any sinister reason for this publication.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

The anti-christ will seemingly have all the answers for world peace, so things will probably get really chaotic worldwide so that his welcome can become more assured. I think when these things start happening we will see bible prophecy start to fulfill itself at a very fast pace.

The anti-christ will seemingly have all the answers for world peace, so things will probably get really chaotic worldwide so that his welcome can become more assured. I think when these things start happening we will see bible prophecy start to fulfill itself at a very fast pace.

I think things are going pretty fast right now, but I do agree, too, that when these things begin to happen that it will accelerate.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Does that mean that the anti christ has to defeat the muslims in order to violate the temple? :whistling:

I'm really not much good at interpretation. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

It was prophesied that more judgements will come on America this year. But while that is happening there will be revival in other countries.

The church in America should look at itself and examine if it is the Church in Laodicea. Are we the lukewarm church? Churches in America are preaching the prosperity gospel. Pastors are using their money to increase the size of their church, people are looking to God for monetary prosperity...

Jesus is saying "You say,'I am rich'; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing'. But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich" (Rev 3:17,18)

We may have the 'gold' of this world but Jesus is telling us to buy the real gold from Him. The churches are saying to themselves..."we are rich" but it does not recognize that they are truly poor and blind.

Brothers and sisters, I would rather have a revival here in America than judgements. We should pray that there be revival in America. There are many churches -rich churches- that need to buy the real gold.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I believe he was describing a dream he had. It started with him sitting in his study mulling over some news years predictions he could write about. Seems feasible to me that God may have been showing him, us, to all who have ears, just whats in store for this next coming year. Very disturbing dream to me. I take things like this seriously. I would suggest everyone to prayerfully consider that this may be a message from God himself. :blink: