IGNORED

Pat Robertson Suggests God Punishing Sharon

Guest shiloh357

Exactly. So what incentive does the next PM have to show any goodwill at all? No matter how good you are to the Palestinians, they want you dead anyway. Might as well do what is in your best interests, and if the Palestinians decide to get in your way, well... I guess they will be buzzard's food.

The next Prime Minister would do well to reverse the direction that Sharon has taken the country in. The next Prime Minister needs to make the price for terrorism so high, that the Palestinians become more afraid of hurting a Jew, than they are of offending Hamas and Abbas. You have to make the price for terrorism higher than the terrorists want to pay.

If the E.U., the U.S. and the U.N. don't like Israel acting her best interests, the next Prime Minister should tell them up which orafice they can shove their "road map" and peace processes.

That's exactly what my dh says. He says if terrorists knew their entire innocent family, from uncles to infants would be killed, as revenge for their terroristic acts, they may think twice before they apply for the position of suicide bomber.

Not only that, but they would prevent each other from joining those groups. Since it seems impossible to reason with them on moral grounds as to why they should not join such groups, the only weapon left is fill them with stark, raving fear. They will never like us, so the only other option to end the bloodshed is to make them afraid of us. The retribution should be seven to ten times more severe upon the terrorists than the terror they carry out.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Well, I sorta feel like the oddball here. I wish Mr. Robertson would've just said, "Let us pray for P.M. Sharon's family and loved ones during this difficult time." That's always the more 'charitable' thing to say.

If it's God's "punishment"....who knows. But one thing I do know, punishment is what everyone of us deserve and would be due apart from the sacrifice of Christ.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/04/1952

Well, I sorta feel like the oddball here. I wish Mr. Robertson would've just said, "Let us pray for P.M. Sharon's family and loved ones during this difficult time." That's always the more 'charitable' thing to say.

If it's God's "punishment"....who knows. But one thing I do know, punishment is what everyone of us deserve and would be due apart from the sacrifice of Christ.

You're right cats. I've always believed the 3 biggest problems of Christianity has been Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson and James Dobson. Their statements have made people turn away from Christ.

--------------

I disagree. I think the problem with Christians today is that we think we are above being punished by God. That we are some how the golden children that are some how above the dear Saints of the Old Testament. Because we like to hide our heads in the sand and pretend that God is only a God of love we get all out of joint , when Jerry Falwell, Pat Roberstson and James Dobson speak the truth. We have become no better than New Agers who have made a "god" who is only capable of love but never acts out in judgment. Yes God Is a God of love but He is still the same God of the Old Testament and we would be wise to remember that. We need to stop hiding from the truth and seek God for guidance and pray for mercy for ourselves and for out Country.

betty

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Two things we must ask ourselves.

Did God punish Sharon and cause him to have a stroke, or

Was Sharon going to have a stroke because of stress and God just let it happen, by withholding His blessings as an example of what happens when people are interfering with His plans for His people and the land He promised belongs to the Jews.

eric.

Guest Gladiator4God

I think Pat's out of line....what ever wrong Sharon did in this life he will stand B4 God and be judged

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/04/1952

I think Pat's out of line....what ever wrong Sharon did in this life he will stand B4 God and be judged

---------------

but maybe you are of line judging Pat, too.

I do know of one person who God used a stoke to bring him to salvation. I know of a lady who's husband was saved because she became crippled and he begin coming to Church with her becuase she could not drive and he became saved because of her illness. I do know the Bible is against Israel being divided.

I do know know if Sharon was punished by God. I do not know if Pat was wrong. I just leave them both in God's hands. He knows alot more than me.

betty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Hellow!!!!the guy is 77 folks. Things happen at that age. Billy Gramn has Parkensons. What did he do wrong? This is so silly.

Dan

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Did God punish Sharon and cause him to have a stroke, or

Was Sharon going to have a stroke because of stress and God just let it happen, by withholding His blessings as an example of what happens when people are interfering with His plans for His people and the land He promised belongs to the Jews.

Is God withholding his protection and blessing any less of a punishment than God directly causing something?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

God could be punishing Pat Robertson by making him say stupid things :thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I never said anything derrogatory about James Dobson. I think he's a godly man and thank God for him; nor said I anything against Pat Robertson. We continue to financially support his ministry.

My opinion is that I do NOT condemn anyone who's suffering in their body. :thumbsup: Heaven forbid!!! I prayed for Mr. Sharon's salvation and his family's comfort during this difficult time...and feel we should lead by example...an example of love and kindness.

I think THIS is the focus of our hearts as followers of Jesus Christ.