Brokeback Mountain Review

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Brokeback Mountain is an excellent film, whether you disagree with the message it's sending or not. I, for one, am glad to see it getting recognition.

I am heart broken that such a movie is even tolerated but this is only the beginning. Every day our nation become more like Sodom and Gamorah. We are definately in the end times. Every day I witness things like this I die a little more inside. These days I welcome death and would prefer it to having to watch mankind not only turn their back on God, but effectivly flipping him off.

Oh, yeah, because limiting free speech is an excellent idea. :D

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

If you are a Christian, your conviction of sin ought to supercede your convictions of "free speach."

Are you a Christian, Atupak?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

If you are a Christian, your conviction of sin ought to supercede your convictions of "free speach."

I consider myself a casual believer, in that I believe in God and think that Jesus was one of the greatest examples of how to live a life in history, probably the best.

I don't think a nation should go against its constitution based on the words of the Bible, however.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I consider myself a casual believer, in that I believe in God and think that Jesus was one of the greatest examples of how to live a life in history, probably the best.

I don't think a nation should go against its constitution based on the words of the Bible, however.

Then you are placing a higher value on the Constitution - a document written by men, than God's Word. Which law is higher, man's or God's?

i don't see where anyone said they had anything against free speech. i saw someone saying they long for the day when they can walk and talk with the Lord and the vileness of free speach no longer assaults us.

that being said, i'd like to ask a question or two of atupak... first of all, how do you feel about the constitutional right of being able to freely express our faith in public being trampled on more and more in our country?

second.... casual believer... does that mean you believe in God but do not believe that Jesus is the son of God who was sent to earth as a human to suffer and die for our sins... your sins? do you not believe that Jesus was resurrected from the dead, defeating the grave, and is still very much alive today?

and third... would you like to know the Jesus that we know?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Have you, at any point in your life made an open and honest confession to God of your sins, and asked His forgiveness? Have you confessed to God your faith in the death of His Son and asked Him to be your Lord and King? Do you believe that the Bible is the Word of God, delivered to mankind through certain men chosen by God?

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Free speech is what liberals desire for liberals. Censorship is what liberals desire for conservatives. Pray tell, what are stop-signs, traffic-signals, speed limits, tax laws, identity cards - to name but five - if not a form of censorship, regulation, quality control, call it what you will. Actually Plato would have probably approved censorship, and we're hardly in a position to gainsay him. One guesses it depends on whose ox is being gored, yes?

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Brokeback Mountain is an excellent film, whether you disagree with the message it's sending or not. I, for one, am glad to see it getting recognition.

I am heart broken that such a movie is even tolerated but this is only the beginning. Every day our nation become more like Sodom and Gamorah. We are definately in the end times. Every day I witness things like this I die a little more inside. These days I welcome death and would prefer it to having to watch mankind not only turn their back on God, but effectivly flipping him off.

Oh, yeah, because limiting free speech is an excellent idea. :thumbsup:

First of all, Brokback Mountain is an example of audience manipulation at its best. I took some film classes in university and we learned all the tricks, and this movie is completely by-the-books in that regard. It is, therefore, not an example of good movie making. Any movie that depends on cheap tricks to pull an audience in is just no good. This movie is a complete fraud from start to finish--even the stars are straight for Pete's sake! I cannot imagine the average American actually wanting to see a movie with two straight guys kissing eachother. It is full of fake emotions, contrived situations, a British actor playing an American cowboy, there isn't a real thing in this movie...and it wasn't even filmed in America...once again, British Columbia doubled for the American west. The director's last movie, Hulk, was so bad it didn't rate a sequal. Brokeback Mountain is crap from the first reel to the last.

As far as your "free speech" comment goes...the movie got made and we are criticizing it. What is more freer than that?

Guest power mousey

yikes!!! and yucks!!!

about Brokeback movie.

I'd rather watch 'Hillibillies in a Haunted House' or 'Monster A Go-Go'. :thumbsup: 2 of the worst movies ever made. Or how about the PBS sci-fi extravganza sci-movie that was a public diaster called 'Overdrawn At the Memory Bank' Starring the late Raul Julia. :thumbsup:

cheers,

power mousey

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

yikes!!! and yucks!!!

about Brokeback movie.

I'd rather watch 'Hillibillies in a Haunted House' or 'Monster A Go-Go'. :thumbsup: 2 of the worst movies ever made. Or how about the PBS sci-fi extravganza sci-movie that was a public diaster called 'Overdrawn At the Memory Bank' Starring the late Raul Julia. :thumbsup:

cheers,

power mousey

Hey now, Hillbillies in a Haunted House rocked! Almost as good as Attack of the Crab Monsters.