Brokeback Mountain Review

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

i don't see where anyone said they had anything against free speech. i saw someone saying they long for the day when they can walk and talk with the Lord and the vileness of free speach no longer assaults us.

that being said, i'd like to ask a question or two of atupak... first of all, how do you feel about the constitutional right of being able to freely express our faith in public being trampled on more and more in our country?

second.... casual believer... does that mean you believe in God but do not believe that Jesus is the son of God who was sent to earth as a human to suffer and die for our sins... your sins? do you not believe that Jesus was resurrected from the dead, defeating the grave, and is still very much alive today?

and third... would you like to know the Jesus that we know?

My free speech comment was directed towards the person who said "I am disappointed that this is even being tolerated at all." And what do mean about your right to express your faith being trampled on?

You pretty much summed up my beliefs about Jesus, LadyC. I don't believe he was the son of God, I don't think he was resurrected, and I don't think the Bible is the word of God, I think it is the word of men who followed God, and I believe that it should be taken symbolically rather than literally.

And I would love to be as confident in my beliefs as some of you are. However, I was not indoctrinated into the religion, so I think I'm able to look at it more rationally and objectively than you. That wasn't supposed to sound hostile, I just couldn't think of another way to say it.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

i don't see where anyone said they had anything against free speech. i saw someone saying they long for the day when they can walk and talk with the Lord and the vileness of free speach no longer assaults us.

that being said, i'd like to ask a question or two of atupak... first of all, how do you feel about the constitutional right of being able to freely express our faith in public being trampled on more and more in our country?

second.... casual believer... does that mean you believe in God but do not believe that Jesus is the son of God who was sent to earth as a human to suffer and die for our sins... your sins? do you not believe that Jesus was resurrected from the dead, defeating the grave, and is still very much alive today?

and third... would you like to know the Jesus that we know?

My free speech comment was directed towards the person who said "I am disappointed that this is even being tolerated at all." And what do mean about your right to express your faith being trampled on?

You pretty much summed up my beliefs about Jesus, LadyC. I don't believe he was the son of God, I don't think he was resurrected, and I don't think the Bible is the word of God, I think it is the word of men who followed God, and I believe that it should be taken symbolically rather than literally.

And I would love to be as confident in my beliefs as some of you are. However, I was not indoctrinated into the religion, so I think I'm able to look at it more rationally and objectively than you. That wasn't supposed to sound hostile, I just couldn't think of another way to say it.

No wonder you like this trash. You need the Lord, my friend. Christianity is not a religion, by the way.

atapuk, surely you watch the news or at least hear a little about it here and there enough to know that expressing faith is not well tolerated in our society anymore. for example (one of many), since the "holiday season" just ended, it is considered "offensive" to use the word 'christmas" in holiday sales ads, or even in the retail enviornoment as far as employees greeting customers are concerned. school children aren't allowed to have 'christmas parties". public parks can display kwanza symbols and all sorts of other religious symbols, but the aclu is all over it if anyone dares to put up a nativity, or heaven forbid, even a 'christmas" tree these days, because it symbolizes a "christian" holiday.

as for the rest, one doesn't have to be "indoctrinated" into the religion. christianity is not a religion anyway. religion is nothing more than dogmatic manmade doctrines that even God doesn't look highly upon. christianity is a relationship with a real and living God. it's not some mumbo jumbo, it's not some rulebook written by midievil men, it's a relationship with someone who cares more deeply for His children than anyone else.

you say you're a casual "believer", but if you don't believe that Jesus is God incarnate, then you aren't a believer at all.

God has revealed Himself to me personally so many hundreds of times in ways that leave no room for doubt, because there is no logical or even illogical explanation for those things. just because i can't see Him in the flesh doesn't make Him any less real. He is more real to me than my own physical family, it is just that tangible. someday, i pray you will open your mind and heart enough to allow Him to show Himself to you in such a way, too. then you'll know that the faith we have has nothing at all to do with "indoctrination". it has everything to do with personal experience.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Homosexuality, the hallmark of HellyWeirdo, is the curse of society. "BrokeBack Mountain" will forever stand as HellyWeirdo's "best offering" and the antithesis of the Creator God's clearly announced intention in Matthew 19 for His creation. To be sure, the homosexual "centerpiece", the human rectum with its bacteria of the lower gut, and its incessant disease-ridden practices are not worthy of even a walk-on part. Talk about fatal solutions! Killer AIDS Uber Alles.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

The lovely results of post-modern Christianity.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Brokeback Mountain is an excellent film, whether you disagree with the message it's sending or not. I, for one, am glad to see it getting recognition.

I am heart broken that such a movie is even tolerated but this is only the beginning. Every day our nation become more like Sodom and Gamorah. We are definately in the end times. Every day I witness things like this I die a little more inside. These days I welcome death and would prefer it to having to watch mankind not only turn their back on God, but effectivly flipping him off.

Oh, yeah, because limiting free speech is an excellent idea. :blink:

First of all, Brokback Mountain is an example of audience manipulation at its best. I took some film classes in university and we learned all the tricks, and this movie is completely by-the-books in that regard. It is, therefore, not an example of good movie making. Any movie that depends on cheap tricks to pull an audience in is just no good. This movie is a complete fraud from start to finish--even the stars are straight for Pete's sake! I cannot imagine the average American actually wanting to see a movie with two straight guys kissing eachother. It is full of fake emotions, contrived situations, a British actor playing an American cowboy, there isn't a real thing in this movie...and it wasn't even filmed in America...once again, British Columbia doubled for the American west. The director's last movie, Hulk, was so bad it didn't rate a sequal. Brokeback Mountain is crap from the first reel to the last.

As far as your "free speech" comment goes...the movie got made and we are criticizing it. What is more freer than that?

:24::24::24::24::24::24:

You go, honey! :th_frusty:

• Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Homosexuality, the hallmark of HellyWeirdo, is the curse of society. "BrokeBack Mountain" will forever stand as HellyWeirdo's "best offering" and the antithesis of the Creator God's clearly announced intention in Matthew 19 for His creation. To be sure, the homosexual "centerpiece", the human rectum with its bacteria of the lower gut, and its incessant disease-ridden practices are not worthy of even a walk-on part. Talk about fatal solutions! Killer AIDS Uber Alles.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

Gotta love how you always tell it exactly like it is, Arthur. You have a gift. :th_frusty:

Guest Gladiator4God

They wouldnt display that movie here in my town and i appreciate the owner for doing so......i dont see why it should be mentioned in here

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

They wouldnt display that movie here in my town and i appreciate the owner for doing so......i dont see why it should be mentioned in here

Honestly I'm glad it was mentioned here, believe it or not my dad seen it advertised for the first time and got all excited because a new western was coming out, he loves westerns. I listened to him tell me, who was in it cuz he couldn't remember the name, so I would order it at the video store I work at when it was available.

Worthy is the first place I found out what it was really about. I don't do tv that much :noidea: I passed it along to my dad, who was shocked, and put it on my list of what not to order for our small town :thumbsup: I'm sure by the time it came to DVD I would of known, but now I can tell those who ask early (and they do) that the store will not have this title.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Guest Gladiator4God

Honestly I'm glad it was mentioned here, believe it or not my dad seen it advertised for the first time and got all excited because a new western was coming out, he loves westerns. I listened to him tell me, who was in it cuz he couldn't remember the name, so I would order it at the video store I work at when it was available.

Worthy is the first place I found out what it was really about. I don't do tv that much ;) I passed it along to my dad, who was shocked, and put it on my list of what not to order for our small town :wub: I'm sure by the time it came to DVD I would of known, but now I can tell those who ask early (and they do) that the store will not have this title.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

if this is the place you come to for such movie reviews you need to get out more or grab a tv guide..this movie has been shoved on us for forever now.....ENOUGH already

this forum is for his glory not for what he considers a slap in his face