IGNORED

what do you guys think of bi-racial people?

DaughterofKing

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

Number of things. For one, there is still class segregation. In most suburban high schools, minorities make up a small percentage of the population, thus most white kids remain friends with solely white kids. This leads to a significant lack of exposure of other races....thus when a stereotype is presented there is no expirience to disprove this belief. This leads to them adopting the belief because it seems plausible (after all, their friend is saying it). There is also a significant lack of history in schools, to the point it is sad. WWII is taught as a footnote and subsequently the holocaust isn't covered...this translates to them not believing the holocaust because if it truly did occur then why would it be undercovered in high school classes?

Overall though, it boils down to a misunderstanding of God's image and how our sin nature opperates. People want to hate, this is just another way they choose to. This is the result of a godless culture.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Number of things. For one, there is still class segregation. In most suburban high schools, minorities make up a small percentage of the population, thus most white kids remain friends with solely white kids. This leads to a significant lack of exposure of other races....thus when a stereotype is presented there is no expirience to disprove this belief. This leads to them adopting the belief because it seems plausible (after all, their friend is saying it).

while i totally agree with you about the lack of history being taught (particularly ACCURATE history), i have to disagree on the class segregation. i grew up in the suburbs of dallas... one of those areas was plano, a large city in its own right, the other suburban area was a little podunk town called princeton with a population of under 2,000 back in those years. integration of students was very prominant... not just racial diversity as a demographic, but also the friendships between the races were strong. i had as many "minority" friends as i did "white" friends, as did everyone i knew.

and it didn't stop there... my daughters spent their elementary school years in arlington and plano, and jr. high and part of high school in princeton (which has grown a little beyond 2,000 now, but not by much!) and then here in las vegas. in every school district they've been in, the cliques were not defined by race. they and everyone they knew formed strong friendships with people of all races in school.

now if i were talking about one school district, i'd think maybe it was just a fluke... but given that i'm referring to four different school districts in two different states over two separate generations, i think it's probably more the rule than the exception.

You haven't been to Plano lately then :)

Like I said, the groups are segregated by class, not race, and for a minority to be in this group is the exception, especially in Plano/Princeton (in Arlington it is now primarily African-American/Latino). It is the classists segregation that is causing the problem, because mostly white people live in these afluent areas. Regardless, the south is not a good proving ground for this theory because of it's high population of African-Americans and, suprisingly enough, the low ammount of racism among students. I am talking about up north; Kansas, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, etc.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

I love all but I am slowly starting to hate one. :wub:

Guest br.biff

Really, there is no such thing. Would you call a brother or sister in Christ a"halfrican american" or "irish settler"? No. We are called to love just as we are and love others just as they are.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

Well, since we all agree.....

The importance of this thread is that right now, in American youth, racism is on a drastic rise. Whilst the KKK has been lower in numbers, the Ayran movement (neo-nazis) are growing almost exponetially. Most of these "new aryans" come out of middle to upper class white areas.....

I say this because, while I've seen it for a while in the secular settings, I am now beginning to see so-called Christian youth using the Bible as a validation for their belief in Aryianism (which is absolutely contradictory, but oh well). Today the "Nazi/Christian Club", which seeks to iron out the differences between the two, had it first meeting at the high school I work at; 62 teenagers attended....

So yes, this thread is very valid and is an issue that needs to be addressed.

:wub: Wow, that is scary! I graduated high school in 1994 and I remember some aryian movement gaining popularity in my schools then (I went to 2 different high schools in different areas of the central US) and I remember thinking how weird it was that this was actually a "popular" thing to be involved in.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

You haven't been to Plano lately then :wub:

Like I said, the groups are segregated by class, not race, and for a minority to be in this group is the exception, especially in Plano/Princeton (in Arlington it is now primarily African-American/Latino). It is the classists segregation that is causing the problem, because mostly white people live in these afluent areas. Regardless, the south is not a good proving ground for this theory because of it's high population of African-Americans and, suprisingly enough, the low ammount of racism among students. I am talking about up north; Kansas, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, etc.

My high schools were in St. Louis, MO (the west county...affluent area) and Madison, WI (surprisingly, one of the most liberal "democratic" cities in the entire US)

Well, since we all agree.....

The importance of this thread is that right now, in American youth, racism is on a drastic rise. Whilst the KKK has been lower in numbers, the Ayran movement (neo-nazis) are growing almost exponetially. Most of these "new aryans" come out of middle to upper class white areas.....

I say this because, while I've seen it for a while in the secular settings, I am now beginning to see so-called Christian youth using the Bible as a validation for their belief in Aryianism (which is absolutely contradictory, but oh well). Today the "Nazi/Christian Club", which seeks to iron out the differences between the two, had it first meeting at the high school I work at; 62 teenagers attended....

So yes, this thread is very valid and is an issue that needs to be addressed.

:wub: Wow, that is scary! I graduated high school in 1994 and I remember some aryian movement gaining popularity in my schools then (I went to 2 different high schools in different areas of the central US) and I remember thinking how weird it was that this was actually a "popular" thing to be involved in.

It's highly popular now. Some underground punk, hardcore, and other genre of bands have been promoting "white power" within their music, which allows for students to be indoctrinated in it in this venue. Basically, in the northern states, there really is a rise in the white power movement, especially Michigan. This shouldn't come as a suprise; when you decrease God you increase racism.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Sadly, there are all kinds of separatists movements in America at this time by various groups. There are black, white, Muslim, Christian, Indian, and other groups that claim to be superior and want no part of assimilation into society. I do think the white supremacists groups get more publicity because of political correctness in the media. KKK ralleys and marches get front page coverage while similar actions by other groups are never reported.

But you have to wonder why someone asks a question like that on this site. Perhaps they are bi-racial and have suffered at the hands of those claiming to be Christians.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

There is only one race.

There is only one race.

There is only one race.

There is only one race.

There is only one race.