IGNORED

An Infallible Bible?

yomotalking

Guest shiloh357
Of course the Bible is not infallible. Notice how translations differ so much, that often the meaning is changed. This is proof that the Biblical text isn't infallible. However, by the power of the Holy Ghost, the Word of God is spoken to the reader. That is the infallible Word of God. :whistling:

The difference in translations has nothing to do with infallibility of Scripture. Infallibility has to to with reliability of Scripture as moral/spiritual guidebook.

To claim that the Bible is not infallibile is to cast a shadow upon the credibility of God Himself. Infallibility is the perogative of God alone. God who is infallible, cannot create an fallible book. He cannot create a book containing error if He Himself is not liable to error.

To be infallible means to be totally exempt of liability of mistake. If the Bible were not infallible, it would not be the Word of God.

The Bible is 100% true in all of its narrative accounts, doctrines, and precepts from the first verse of Genesis, to the last verse of Revelation. It is precisely because it is the infalliable, inerrant, inspired Word of God, that it serves as the sole spiritual guidebook for the believer, and the final court of appeal on all matters of Christian faith and practice.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

The Bible is a collection of books, written by different people, in different times, in different places, and in different languages. These books show how God has intervened and interacted with God's community, and how the community has chosen to respond.

While most of the books are rather good and pure, they are not 100% free of textual errors, nor is there evidence for everything biblical. The Bible serves as a representation of God and His community, but there is no way, except faith, to know if the whole text is completely true.

The Bible is not the foundation of Christianity; Christianity is the foundation of the Bible.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

:whistling: words fail me.

e

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

The bible is the Word of God.

Without it, none of the World or us would know anything about Jesus or what He has done for us. Without it we are just making it up as we go or following cults who claim some "special" insight. What it is not is a collection of fanciful stories, which we can kind of pick and choose truth from, it is God breathed and everything in the bible is meant to be there. Now I think there may be some minor errors of translation popping up hear and there and of course there are errors in how we interpret the bible being sinful humans.

But we must rely on the ancient holy fathers of God, whom God chose to write the bible and present us with His Word. Who are we going to trust is the question? Do we trust Peter, who we know wrote 1Peter, do we trust Paul who we know wrote his letters. Peter personally knew Christ, saw Him crucified, saw Him resurrected, Paul experienced Christ directly when Christ spoke to him, or do we trust others who call Peter a liar? Is Peter a liar? Because if you deny the bible is the Word of God you are saying that Peter and Paul or John, were lairs that is the point. I would put my trust in those who knew Christ, not in modern interpreters and naysayers and academics. They don't seem like liars to me. The bible does not contain error; it contains no errors outside of human translation problems, and thus is infallible.

Does that mean we are going to come to the same conclusions about what the bible says in all of its details? I don't think so.

By promoting that the Bible is not Infallible, it is passing into the depths of Apostacy. Jesuschrist is written about in all the Bible, he is the foundation stone, the Bible is his guide, or map for us to find him. I don't think God will give a Map full of distortions. When people start believing that the bible is not infallible, then the whole faith falls. Because anything can be added to it, or taken away, which is a very griveous sin. A sin that can lead millions of souls to a very bad end. Some things that archeologist find in Israel have used the Bible as sort of a map. If I'm not mistaken, the other day there was a find, the archeologist said that they used the Bible to pinpoint the location. To ma that's pretty remarkable, and talks about the creditability of The Scriptures. I can remember where exactly I read that at, but I'll try to find out. I know it had something to do with David's Palace. But anyway my point is that Faith requires trust, and I trust in the Allmighty without a doubt!.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  710
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/16/1984

The article is dredging up the old "Q" and "JEPD" theories, which claim a whole lot more nonsense than that.

These are legitimate (and widely held) theories, reached through careful textual criticism of the texts.

And would the JEPD theory, if true, reduce the credibility of the Pentatauch? Is the Pentatauch only infallible if Moses and Moses alone wrote it? I think not.

However, not all english bibles are infallible. All new versions are in error. Stick with the KJV for english.

You're entitled to your own opinion, but as far as I'm concerned, this statement is garbage.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

The Bible is infallible... it is our interpretation that is not infallible. However, not all english bibles are infallible. All new versions are in error. Stick with the KJV for english.

As someone else said, you are entitled to your opinion, but that is a load of garbage. All versions of the Bible are in error, in varying degrees. The KJV imay have been good for it's time, but there are much, much better translations out there nowadays that are in clearer English and more accurate in general.

Guest shiloh357
The Bible is not the foundation of Christianity; Christianity is the foundation of the Bible.

hebrews_beauty, can you expound on the above statement? How do you arrive at that?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Good question. :noidea:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

:noidea: I dont post much on the board but I have to say this is one of the most disturbing threads I have seen in a while.

The minute we start doubting the WORD OF GOD and saying HE GAVE US A FALLIBLE BIBLE you might as well give it all up. Everything crumbles after that. We can decide what is true and what is not and we can do that to suit our own sinful needs, hence homosexuals saying they are Christian, Gap theories and all sorts of twisted teaching.

Our LDS friend will undoubtedly talk about the versions of the bible and obviously there are errors in some and admitedly some poor translations but this is mans fault not Gods. He gave us a perfect Greek text and man has translated that. MAN IS FALLIBLE NOT GOD.

:noidea: