jenni211

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Recently My boyfriend and I were talking about the Rapture and end times. He started talking about the "Doctrine of the Elect". We talked about it for a while... but I didn't quite understand everything that he was saying :taped: . Anybody out there that can tell me a little more about what that is? and what it means? I am really interested in an answer.

Thank you for your Help. ~Jennifer~

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Paul speaks about the Elect. They are those chosen by God before time to be his children. Only those chosen - the elect will be saved.

You need to tread carfully here though when applying this. From our perspective, it doesnt have too much application in our daily lives. Since we have no way of knowing who the elect are and who isn't, we must assume everyone can be saved.

Edited by deadman1204

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  286

deadman really summed it up. But why did your boyfriend bring it up in an endtime discussion? that's interesting.

We were talking about the rapture, wether or not there is time between the rapture and Christ's reign. he said that there was not really any point in there being time between becasue every one that was going to go to be raptured was already going to be gone and that there were only so many people that were going to "make it".

We were talking about the rapture, wether or not there is time between the rapture and Christ's reign. he said that there was not really any point in there being time between becasue every one that was going to go to be raptured was already going to be gone and that there were only so many people that were going to "make it".

There is a cut-off date to accept Jesus, either your death or the start of Jesus' reign on earth. Our own deaths are far more likely. Is he a Jehovah's witness?

There is a cut-off date to accept Jesus, either your death or the start of Jesus' reign on earth. Our own deaths are far more likely. Is he a Jehovah's witness?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I know that there is a "cut off", but is it or is it not the rapture? i guess that is what i would really like to know. is there a period of time between the rapture and Jesus reign on earth?

Jennifer

First of all, there is no secret rapture. When Christ returns everyone will know it.

All believers, those alive and those resting in the grave, are taken up in the air with Christ. We are with Him for 1,000 years.

At the same time that the believers are caught up to be with the Lord, the wicked are destroyed. They are left dead over the face of the earth. Birds will eat their corpses.

At the end of 1,000 years, Christ returns with His followers and the New Jerusalem. There is no second chance for the wicked.

In Christ,

CarolineS

I know that there is a "cut off", but is it or is it not the rapture? i guess that is what i would really like to know. is there a period of time between the rapture and Jesus reign on earth?

Jennifer

First of all, there is no secret rapture. When Christ returns everyone will know it.

All believers, those alive and those resting in the grave, are taken up in the air with Christ. We are with Him for 1,000 years.

At the same time that the believers are caught up to be with the Lord, the wicked are destroyed. They are left dead over the face of the earth. Birds will eat their corpses.

At the end of 1,000 years, Christ returns with His followers and the New Jerusalem. There is no second chance for the wicked.

In Christ,

CarolineS

this is also my belief that there will be no time in between the rapture and Jesus' reign here on earth. Reading the defenses of pre-mid-and post trib raptures may be helpful. These are pinned topics above the regular topics.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Read 2John...written to the elect lady and her children. Elect...those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, confess Him with their mouth and have repented of their sins...chosen of God. The Lord laid out this plan for fallen man from the foundation of the world. When the first Adam sinned and through him sin entered our lives, the Lord had a plan for the second Adam to come redeem us...the Second Adam, having no sin, gave His life for us and therefore the plan of salvation was set in motion. It was predestined that the Lord would do this and all who believed would be called and chosen...the elect of God.

Oh the joys of the simplicity of Jesus Christ crucified. The doctrine of Christ . Sound.

Child of God, if you believe on the Lord and have asked Him to forgive you and come into your heart. If you are born again, you are the elect of God.

• 4 months later...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  63
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975

To Jenni

There is another discusion about these topics I have post in the PreTrib Topic I would be honnered if you read what I have writen. (I have a very diferent view than most is the only reason I am sugesting to look at what I wrote and decide what you would like to do from there.