IGNORED

How would you answer?

Guest Christian_King

Guest Christian_King

Hi,

I am new here. I just joined up.

I am working on a study and have been asking other Christian friends this same question, and I would like to ask you all here and see what kind of feedback I get, so here it goes....

If a person who does not believe that Jesus ever existed, and does not believe that the Bible is real, that someone stole His bones [if you were able to get them to accept that He was alive, but they just believe that He is a man] from the tomb, then how would you prove that He did exist? I don't want no one's opinions, anyone can give me an opinion, I want proof.

If someone were to walk up to you tomorrow and ask you this same question, could you show them proof that He did exist?

I know the answer to this already. But I'm just curious as to what other Christians think.

Thanks in advanced for any answers.

Yahweh (God) bless

- Christian King

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Tell that someone to look outside the window, watch a tree, and think how that tree was created in that prefect form, tell that someone to just give it a read in the Bible, if he is not a believer, tell him that it wouldn't hurt him, Now to if God died and rose Again.

500 witness saw when he resucitated, 500 not 10 or 20. 500.

The Bible is the biggest proof, you don't need any other proof from outside the Bible, if you need other proof then simply it's gonna be hard for you to find Jesus to come to your heart, since the best truth and evidence is in the Holy Word of God Almighty.

I will try finding out later info to help you out.

Edited by CellShade

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

First I would mentally pray, asking the Father to prepare their heart to hear, then I would tell them how I am living proof that Jesus does exist. I was a horrible sinner on a downward spiral when one day I asked Jesus to help me. I asked Him to come into my heart and change my life, and He did. My whole life was transformed and that miracle is still so fresh in my mind that all I can do is rejoice when I think of His goodness. Jesus will do the same thing for you if you just call on His name.

Jesus Saves

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Who would have stolen the bones? Why? and How? Once those questions are answered, I think you could address the objection easier.

BUT: Of all the facts historians know of the ancient world, the BEST ATTESTED FACT is the Resurrection of Jesus. There are more first hand, second hand, and third hand reports for this event, than for ANY other event of ancient history. This in and of itself should handle the question of someone stealing His bones out of the tomb; the tomb was empty!!!

Still, if they are prepared to REJECT THAT WE HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF THE ANCIENT WORLD AT ALL (no accredited historian would agree), then we can move on to their original question again. It is answerable, and I have answered it dozens and dozens of times, as a college teacher.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

CK:

What is the answer you claim to have? Why don't we lay it on the table and see how it stacks up against historical findings, i.e. archaeological, biographic, medical, circumstantial, etc.

Edited by WISDOM

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

There is just too much historical record to beleive that Jesus did not even exist at all.

Simon Greenleaf was the Royale Professor of EVIDENCE at Harvard who studied the evidence itself after a student posed a question to him "Did Jesus Exist"? He was not a Christian when he began, but after examining the evidence for Christ, he became one. His book is called Testimony of the Evangelists. You could maybe look up his other work entitled "Examination of the Testimony of the Four Evangelists by the Rules of Evidence administered in the Courts of Justice"

I'm not sure of what all of the evidence was back in the mid 1800's when Greenleaf was around, but I do know that since then, nothing has contradicted it and also quite recently, there's been archaeological proof of John the Baptist and James the brother of Jesus.

As well, even a few Jewish historians wrote of Christ. We know that obviously, the Jewish people did not want to acknowledge him as Savior, yet they certainly did mention him. And they also knew of his miracles. One tried to explain away his abilities by saying that he'd visited Egypt (long-time enemy of the Jews) where he received his 'magical powers'.

Another big question is, why would 12 of his apostles choose death rather than renounce him. Why as well would thousands of Christians be martyred not long after he left the earth, rather than renounce him as Lord? What kind of a conspiracy theory is this? That thousands of people decided to make up a lie or believe a lie about a man who didn't exist, die for that lie, for what exactly? Not just to teach others to love and forgive and seek truth, but to believe in a Jesus, a crux of the faith, who was a person who didn't actually exist at all? THe conspiracy theory doesn't add up at all.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Yes, the question is no longer did Jesus exist (due to the abundance of proof that proves that he did). The question today is where did the body go. If you study the historical background of the Jews along with other evidences, you'll find that the resurrection of our Lord actually happened. This is a great thread though because not too many people are able to give a defense in this regard. If someone is sincerely asking this question, he or she is not interested in hearing anything else but physical evidences. Telling someone how Christ changed your life isnt going to push the conversation in the direction it needs to go. We need to study this because there are more and more folks out there who are in question and only want specific answers. God BLess

Edited by shaitiger

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

:rolleyes: Very good point shaitiger.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

You want PROOF, rather than just opinion??

If you have iron-clad proof of the divinity of Christ, then where is your FAITH?

How do we know that the Bible is the true Word of God, and not just some great story-teller's tale? We know because of our faith, our touch with God and our touch FROM God. What more could you want, but FAITH??

I don't believe in the divinity of Christ because of any Bible stories (which are yet important to us as Christians, mind you)...it is my faith that He existed and that He is the Saviour.

Pray for the person, have him read the Word of God, and talk with him about it. But when it all comes down, you don't want proof at all. If there is no FAITH, there will be no belief, no matter how much proof you provide.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

You want PROOF, rather than just opinion??

If you have iron-clad proof of the divinity of Christ, then where is your FAITH?

How do we know that the Bible is the true Word of God, and not just some great story-teller's tale? We know because of our faith, our touch with God and our touch FROM God. What more could you want, but FAITH??

I don't believe in the divinity of Christ because of any Bible stories (which are yet important to us as Christians, mind you)...it is my faith that He existed and that He is the Saviour.

Pray for the person, have him read the Word of God, and talk with him about it. But when it all comes down, you don't want proof at all. If there is no FAITH, there will be no belief, no matter how much proof you provide.

Completly Agree, couldn't have putted it better.