JLW001

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I currently play music in a worship team in a church. I was raised a Christian, but followed my own path until about 5 years ago. At that time God worked with me and brought me into His family and I have found joy and peace that I never have had before. He showed up in my life in a mighty way and I have never been the same.

I have felt a kinship with God's people in Israel and have felt as though God were pulling me to go to Israel to worship and preach. I know that God's people are still His people and know of the prophecies of there turning to Jesus Christ. Since the time I finally had revelation about what Paul was writing about in Romans 10, I have felt a yearning to be part of bringing the Gospel to Israel.

I am neither ordained, nor have I been to seminary, but I do know Jesus' simple message of the Gospel and I do feel that God gave me musical talent in order to use it for Him. I am a student of the Word and God continues to reward my prayers for revelation and understanding.

Have any of you had a similar longing for bringing the Gospel to Israel? Is it simply the Holy Spirit within me desiring them to come to God and my carnel nature feeling as though I would play a part? That last question is more rhetorical as I don't expect any of you to be able to tell me, " Yes", or "No". :b: I know that the only way for me to play a part would be for Him to open doors that are currently closed, but the strength of this urging seems to only be growing.

I love God's people and the things that are occurring at this time in their nation seem more important to me than what happens in the USA (I am a born citizen of the US). My heart is broken for them. I feel such a longing and I think I understand some of the sorrow that Jesus felt when He spoke of Jerusalem and wanting to huddle them under his wing. I know that the re-appearance of Israel as a nation is a prophetic time marker and tells us that there is not much time ( but who knows how much :b: ...I guess that would be the Father lol) left before Jesus' triumphal return.

My wife has jokingly said that I must have some Jewish blood in me, but I dont have a particularly Jewish name. lol. Does anyone else feel this kinship or longing for proclaiming Jesus in Israel?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I feel a little conection, and I always get excited when I meet someone Jewish (when I know they are Jewish) because I think "wow, here is a decendant of moses, or david, or someone I read about in the bible!" I live in Missouri, there arn't a whole lot of Jews out here. I pray for Israel, but I've never felt a strong urge from God to go over there and work or anything.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

To continue in you rprayers adn with your wife also for God sWll for your lives. We are all to ba ambassadors for Christ to the world and God leads us in the how and where . I would say continue to pray to know Gods will for you and your wife with this. HE never leads us wrong and the Holy SPirit will tell you the difference between HIm speaking and your own self.

blessings,

elkie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

No, I don't share your calling. But I wanted to encourage you to get in touch with some mission organizations who can start those doors opening. Your church could give you some names. I just googled "missions" + "Israel" and came up with different organizations. Perhaps a short term mission trip would show you what it's about and help you decide if it's what you would like to do. God bless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Does anyone else feel this kinship or longing for proclaiming Jesus in Israel?

Yes!

Right now, all I can do is pray for Isreal and pray for the Jews to come to the knowledge of Yeshua as Messiah.

If you are able to give, there are many Christian ministries that either support Isreal and/or work in Israel.

The founder of this board, George, is one of those in Israel. :noidea:

http://hearoisrael.worthyministries.com/

If you are interested.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Fantastic, George! Thank you all for your words of encouragement and I'm so glad to hear that there are many who share my love for God's earthly people. May God's blessing follow you all.