• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,785
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

A top Hamas leader laughed Tuesday at Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's plans for Israel's final borders, while another Hamas leader said that Jews could be citizens in a Palestinian state.

http://www.worthynews.com/news/jpost-com-s...icle%2FPrinter/

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1977

A top Hamas leader laughed Tuesday at Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's plans for Israel's final borders, while another Hamas leader said that Jews could be citizens in a Palestinian state.

Where did these so called Palestinians come from? Was there ever a Palestine? What was Israel called in Jesus day? It was part of the Roman Empire. What was Israel called when it was part of the Ottoman Empire? I don't think that there was ever a Palestine. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Where did these so called Palestinians come from?

They come from towns, villages and farms in the West Bank, Gaza, East Jerusalem, and what is now Israel. Whatever you think those bits of land should be called you can't get away from that fact. They will eventually end up withthe first three bits of territory but not the third, regardless of the fantasies of Hamas or the Israeli far right.

Guest shiloh357

Where did these so called Palestinians come from? Was there ever a Palestine? What was Israel called in Jesus day? It was part of the Roman Empire. What was Israel called when it was part of the Ottoman Empire? I don't think that there was ever a Palestine. :noidea:

Here is a better answer than you will get from the likes of amor:

Where did these so called Palestinians come from?

When the Jewish people began returning to the Land of Israel in the early part of the 20th century, the Land was barren desert, and Malaria infested swamp. The returning Jews had purchased land West of the Jordan river legally from absentee Arab landowners in Lebanon. They began working the land, drying up the swamps, irrigating the deserts. When word of this reached Arabs living in surrounding areas in Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, etc. they began to move into the area to find jobs as migrant workers. The economies of the Arabs in other areas were in shambles, and so many migrant Arab laborers found work helping the Jews build and maintain farms, roads, helping them build homes and so forth. The "Palestinians" are the descendents of those migrant workers.

The term "Palestinian" in reference to any Arab people did not exist prior to 1967, and only came into being after Israel was attacked by, and defeated both Jordan and Egypt. It was a label assigned to the Arabs living in the West Bank and Gaza. It was designed to give the impression that they were a people dispossessed off of their land. The popular Arab lie is that Israeli Jews from Europe drove the "Palestinians" off of their land and forced them to live as refugees in the West Bank and Gaza. The accusation is that Zionism could not flourish if the Palestinians were allowed to live on the Land that the Jews wanted wholly for themselves. It is funny that this lie was perpetrated only after Israel had defeated the Arabs in 1967. For 19 years, these Arabs lived under Jordanian control in the West Bank and under Egyptian control in Gaza, and there was no talk of a people being dispossessed. That is because until 1967, it was common knowledge that the Arab world was responsible for the Palestinians becoming refugees.

Digress with me for just moment, back to 1947. In the months just prior to Israel officially becoming a nation, the Arab world encouraged these Arabs living among the Jews to leave in advance of a five Arab nation alliance bent upon destroying Israel the moment it was reborn. While Israel begged the Palestinians not to leave, and promised citizenship to those who stayed, approx. 600,000 fled before Israel became a nation. The war was a failure for the Arabs, and the newly born nation Israel was victorious. The Arabs had now created a bunch of refugees they were now responsible for. They brutalized the refugees for 19 years until 1967.

Was there ever a Palestine?
There was never a nation called "Palestine." It was always a region and was so named by the Emporer Hadrian who called it "Syria Palestina" after the Philistines, the ancient enemies of Israel. It was meant to be an insult. There never was a "Palestinian" people. It is label that was applied to these Arabs in 1967.

What was Israel called in Jesus day?
It was called Israel.

What was Israel called when it was part of the Ottoman Empire?
There was no "Israel" during the Ottoman Empire. The Ottomans controlled the region. It was inhabited my many different ethnicities represening some 50 different languages. There is no "Palestinian" nation, and never has been. There is no"Palestinian" people mentioned in recorded history until 1967.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

According to a couple of maps I have seen, the land now known as Israel was divided into territories including Samaria, Judea (Judah), Philistia and Galilee. There was at one point in time a territory called Palestine according to the majority of maps that can be found online, but the truth is there never was a nation nor even a people called palestinians untill Israel became a nation. The majority of the people that dwelled in the territory of Palestine were nomadic tribes like the Bedouin. Theres alot of information on the internet but you have to compare many sites before you can trust any of it to be factual.

When the Jewish people began returning to the Land of Israel in the early part of the 20th century, the Land was barren desert, and Malaria infested swamp. The returning Jews had purchased land West of the Jordan river legally from absentee Arab landowners in Lebanon. They began working the land, drying up the swamps, irrigating the deserts. When word of this reached Arabs living in surrounding areas in Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, etc. they began to move into the area to find jobs as migrant workers. The economies of the Arabs in other areas were in shambles, and so many migrant Arab laborers found work helping the Jews build and maintain farms, roads, helping them build homes and so forth. The "Palestinians" are the descendents of those migrant workers.

More Shiloh revisionism which as per usual has little to do with the facts. Here is a little article on the population of what is now Israel and the occupied territories. Doesn't quite tally with Shiloh's claims, but I'm sure that won't put him of proclaiming his own version of history, remember he's the only person around who still thinks that the Israeli occupation of South Lebanon didn't happen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Actually the article you linked to supports Shiloh357's summary. The increase in immigration coincided with developement by the Zionists though it is not directly atributed to that development. It also conflicts with the Arab/Palestinian claim that the Zionists displaced the indiginous people when the immigration of Arabs to the region far outweighed that of the Zionists.

This entire conflict is rooted in their false and unjustified claim to the land as decendants of Abraham. It was Isaac not Ishmael that received his fathers blessing, posessions and assumed his role as leader of his people. Neither by birthright or by their faith do they (the Muslims) have legitimate claim to this land.

Can anyone tell me how the Muslims can associate themselves with Moses?

Guest shiloh357
More Shiloh revisionism which as per usual has little to do with the facts. Here is a little article on the population of what is now Israel and the occupied territories. Doesn't quite tally with Shiloh's claims, but I'm sure that won't put him of proclaiming his own version of history, remember he's the only person around who still thinks that the Israeli occupation of South Lebanon didn't happen.

Nice try amor, but you failed. First of all Einstein, what you presented was the population of Ottoman AND Mandatory Palestine, NOT the populations of the West Bank, Gaza and Israel. The population figure cited in the article accounts for the Arab population for entire region of Palestine, East and West of the Jordan.

After the Jews started returning en masse in the early part of the twentieth century, many Arabs from the new created nation"Trans-Jordan" crossed over to find work helping the Jews West of Jordan irrigate the deserts and dry up the swamps. The Jews purchased land that no one was living on, and even the Arabs considered cursed. Many Arabs also came from Lebanon, Egypt, Syria etc. Frankly, you don't know what you are talking about, amor. You never do. I have studied this conflict for nearly two decades. I am much more qualified to discuss/debate it than you. You know next to nothing which shows when you can't even properly post a site that supports your point.

remember he's the only person around who still thinks that the Israeli occupation of South Lebanon didn't happen.
What a load of crap. What you fail to recognize is that I demonstrated by using current examples of "occupations" that Israel's presence in Lebanon cannot be properly termed an occupation. I demonstrated this, by pointing out the Chinese occupation of Tibet, the Syrian occupation of Lebanon, and the US occupation of Iraq as genuine "occupations" that fit the dictionary definition. I demonstrated that Israel's presence in Southern Lebanon did not square with what a true occupation actually looks like.

Anyone with an I.Q. above a toaster oven can see and understand the difference. It is your blind anti-Semitic hatred of Israel that renders you incapable of understanding something so simple.

Nice try amor, but you failed. First of all Einstein, what you presented was the population of Ottoman AND Mandatory Palestine, NOT the populations of the West Bank, Gaza and Israel. The population figure cited in the article accounts for the Arab population for entire region of Palestine, East and West of the Jordan.

After the Jews started returning en masse in the early part of the twentieth century, many Arabs from the new created nation"Trans-Jordan" crossed over to find work helping the Jews West of Jordan irrigate the deserts and dry up the swamps. The Jews purchased land that no one was living on, and even the Arabs considered cursed. Many Arabs also came from Lebanon, Egypt, Syria etc. Frankly, you don't know what you are talking about, amor. You never do. I have studied this conflict for nearly two decades. I am much more qualified to discuss/debate it than you. You know next to nothing which shows when you can't even properly post a site that supports your point.

Except what I presented are statistics for what is now Israel, Gaza, the West Bank and East Jerusalem and exclude Transjordan. Ceck tthem again if you don't believe me You may have spent 20 yeaars in bar room pontification, but the evidence of any attempt at disinterested study is clearly lacking.

[

remember he's the only person around who still thinks that the Israeli occupation of South Lebanon didn't happen.
What a load of crap. What you fail to recognize is that I demonstrated by using current examples of "occupations" that Israel's presence in Lebanon cannot be properly termed an occupation. I demonstrated this, by pointing out the Chinese occupation of Tibet, the Syrian occupation of Lebanon, and the US occupation of Iraq as genuine "occupations" that fit the dictionary definition. I demonstrated that Israel's presence in Southern Lebanon did not square with what a true occupation actually looks like.

Anyone with an I.Q. above a toaster oven can see and understand the difference. It is your blind anti-Semitic hatred of Israel that renders you incapable of understanding something so simple.

You cited a dictionary that actually agreed with my deffinition of "occupation" and then decided that you only accepted the part of that citation that you agreed with.

Again the anti-semite slur, as usual an indication that youhave lost an argument and can only make yourself feel better by spreading lies about other posters, very Christian!