• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

deaf canada,

Here is a dream I had a year ago:

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 very early in the morning I had a dream. (I had previously had a specific vision on November 26, 2004 of devastation on the earth and the loss of many lives with a timetable of

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I would have to agree with Nebula about your dream, deafcanada.

I am not a dream interpreter and I believe that any dream interpretation should be weighed against scripture and before the Lord.

Whatever the tornado represents, whether it's current or future storms, whether it's family or community related, God wants you to look to Him only for protection. It seems your children aren't mature enough to listen to wisdom yet. I don't know your husband, but if he's a Christian, it could be that he is a "sleeping" one. Or it could be that God is telling you to not look to him for your protection during the difficult times ahead. Your protection will come from God alone because His purpose for these difficult times (whatever they are) is so that they may be seen by others around you who aren't saved. Everything around you may crumble and it may look like you and your family (your household) should be, too. But God will be your protection in a way that will amaze people and they will look at you and say, "How were you not destroyed by these things?" It may be an opportunity for you to Jesus with them because they will see that only God could have brought you and your family through these things unharmed.

Like I said, I am not a dream interpreter, but this was the impression I felt while reading about your dream.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/24/1970

Sis i have dreams alot and i use to try to figure out what they meant espically those that seemed a little different. Then a brother told me alot of times dreams are just that; dreams. We should look at what we have taken in during the day, its these things that the enemy has reign to when we have our guard down; awake or sleeping. I'm not saying that your dream did not mean anything, but in any case God is the Responsible One for you and your household look to Him.

Actually today i had presence with God after i had the dream and now i found the verse that is fit with my dream ran to the door and lock it

in the verse of Isaiah 26:20 says Go home my people, and lock your doors! hide until the Lord's anger against your enemies has passed. I do believe that ther eis going happen i dont know what is it but we should take His warning very serious because many many people not listen or not obey Him at all and some christians are not taking the warning very serious. you know that my dream must be something that meaning to everyone and actually i was not confused about this all day and i was so puzzled and what is the meaning to me and it has been continue repeat repeat in my mind since this morning so i wanted to share with. i remember when in my dream is when i was outside and saw tornado coming and wind so high so gusty so i drop things outthere and ran into the house and locked the door that iw as struggling to lock it but finally i did so and i was warning my kids and my husband to go basement but they not listen even though they are christians but there is meaning for some christians not taking the warning.

I am grateful i did share with my dream. also this week i read the bible in 1 corinthians and i keep remember the verse says the Lord is coming three time this week so I do believe that God is trying to warn us that He is coming back very soon and I do believe that God is doing His power right now to show people.

Earnestly seek Him very deep

In Him

deaf Canada

deaf Canada,

I believe you are hearing the Lord. Keep listening. He will not fail you. He is giving you this message for a reason. Perhaps he wants you to warn your friends and family. God is calling all people to repent and to turn to him, but many are not listening, so he sometimes has to discipline us to get our attention so that we will turn to him. I believe that is what is coming - a really big discipline of God on the earth to get people to see that He is God and to get them to bow the knee in worship of Him and to get them to turn from their sin and to walk in faith and obedience. He is coming soon, and he wants as many as possible to be ready to meet him when he comes.

By the way, what is your native language? Do you speak French? Spanish? or is English your native language? I am learning to speak Spanish.

Myself i am deaf and i do in American Sign Language and i write english but it s not like same as Hearing people so that s why my english is not that good so that s why

It is possible for God's warning etc who knows. and I will keep waiting on the Lord and he will speak to me about that to see what God is trying to tell me about this.

Thanks for that support and share with me about the verse.

I really appreciate that very much.

In Him

Deafcanada

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/24/1970

I am not a dream interpreter and I believe that any dream interpretation should be weighed against scripture and before the Lord.

Whatever the tornado represents, whether it's current or future storms, whether it's family or community related, God wants you to look to Him only for protection. It seems your children aren't mature enough to listen to wisdom yet. I don't know your husband, but if he's a Christian, it could be that he is a "sleeping" one. Or it could be that God is telling you to not look to him for your protection during the difficult times ahead. Your protection will come from God alone because His purpose for these difficult times (whatever they are) is so that they may be seen by others around you who aren't saved. Everything around you may crumble and it may look like you and your family (your household) should be, too. But God will be your protection in a way that will amaze people and they will look at you and say, "How were you not destroyed by these things?" It may be an opportunity for you to Jesus with them because they will see that only God could have brought you and your family through these things unharmed.

Like I said, I am not a dream interpreter, but this was the impression I felt while reading about your dream.

it could be as well. I had tornado several times in my dreams in the past sometimes it apply my life that i did go through rough time. and I was able to stand and Trust in God for that. but this time it is different and it has been dwelling on my mind all day and even tonite and i was praying about this and asking God to show me what the dream really means. Actually my husband is christian and he is pastor to our deaf church. There is possibly there is a meaning why my husband in my dream for what reason i dontknow what is it. and i believe that a good example to see my husband in my dream like he is very mature christian but not notice anything like that same as with other christians who is very strong christian but not notice anything. for the kids it is more possible is that christian are not maturing enough to be wisdom yet or still growing like still learning. There is many ways to meaning for that so I am still waiting on the Lord what He is trying to tell me so.

Actually i had the peace and being in presence with God today since i had the dream i was not afraid or confuse anything i was just awe at the dream and been wondering what that mean.

please continue pray for me and see what Lord has plans for my life and my family.

Thanks

In Him

Deaf Canada

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

I agree completely on that one...I was getting the same kind of impression.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Hello,

When dreams have a very strong influence on you, I believe it is something important. DeafCanada, if you felt the presence of the Lord I would say that this is something from the Lord too.

I had a dream two days after Katrina. Initially I thought this dream was due to Katrina being in the news and the talk of the day, but I believe it meant much more. In this dream, I was standing in the doorway and I looked at the sky. Then someone behind said it looks like it's about to rain. I stepped outside and suddenly a streak of black clouds stretched across the sky. I sensed that a powerful storm was about to hit. This lingered powerfully with me..."that a storm was about to hit". I get into my truck and race back home. I weave in and out of traffic. I am frustrated and annoyed that cars were in my way; they were in no rush... There's more detail but at the end I find myself between two large buildings, safe from the storm (I was racing back home but when I got there it wasn't my physical home). I go inside one of the doors to the buildings and I notice that the people in there are people in my church. I know I am safe and fall asleep on a mattress.

Storms and tornadoes are probably judgements. I believe Sue is accurate. What makes that compelling is that your husband and children did not listen to you. This happens to be very typical when people are warned; people do not listen or believe you. Or take hold of what is good. In my dream cars were in my way; they were in no rush even with the coming storm. Many people go about their lives even when something big is about to happen. Your home was not damaged; I was safe in the building. When we abide in Christ we are safe; when we aren't we need to run to Him. You dropped what you had and ran back home; I race back back home and I am safe from the storm. So I pray that we can all remain safe from the storm and be the ones who are in God.

Lord Jesus, we return to you.

I don't want to go off topic but since we're discussing dreams here I thought I'd share a dream I had two nights ago. It is very strange as well.

It seems I am in a car looking out to the right-side of the window. I see a group of KKK (Ku Klux Klan) men riding on horses. They are in their full white robes with that long pointy head cover (or mask). I think the horses were white too. They begin to pass to the side of me and I see that they are pulling chairiots. I sense that there were many many of them. The appearance and multitude of them was very intimidating and frightening.

What I see next was very shocking and saddening. In each of the chairiots, there were two black children. They were all crying and reaching out their arms to me as if to save them. Their faces were contorted with terror.

The horses were moving fast and the whole horde passed me. I see them ride off into the dust. Then I awoke.

Guest truespirit

This is a very interesting topic.

I have always used a great deal of caution when it comes to those that proclaim His return is near. People have been saying that for hundreds of years, afterall, and I do think that sometimes when we make that our focus we might be a little more prone to only worrying about that.

On the same hand, I think that it's a little bit nieve to ignore the current climate. When it comes to the current climate of today's world (Everywhere), I mean, something's not right. The most rationally minded people agree on that these days, afterall.

One of the strangest things I have noticed is that most people are no longer able to handle stress. We tend to blame this world for such because we'd all be lying if we didn't admit to the fact that our lives have become busier and more hectic, etc. But on the same hand, why is that?

A scientific explanation might have to do with the fact that the oxygen saturation rate of our ozone layer is half of what it was just 15-20 years ago. That's not good-that can do a lot of bad stuff to both the environment, and us. If anybody is honestly going to ignore the fact that we're right smack dab in the beginning of a global warming crisis, you know, I don't know who can ever deny the obvious now. Would some of this be enough to cause health related problems (IE-Failure to handle stress, respiratory/GI infection, etc)? I'm sure it probably can one way or the other.

Another could be the computer, seriously, both in terms of what might happen to the body by spending countless hours every week sitting in front of something that honestly does emit some radiation. The thyroid gland tends to take a pretty good hit around radiation exposure, so you never know.

Another could be the element of character exposure the computer/internet has allowed for among the population. Sometimes the less we know about things, the best. Fifteen years ago, we didn't have the ability to look up and/or research everything and anything we wanted to online.

Throughout my entire life, I had always had the ability to say that I had never once "Heard a voice in my head" before. I can't say that anymore, and I don't know if that's good or bad~. This happened to me about three weeks ago-hasn't happened since, so I'll be keeping an eye on things~.

Anyway, just as I was waking up one morning I clearly, clearly heard a voice, just like a whisper, that said, "Don't talk to those people on the computer anymore." That was it.

Still can't seem to figure that one out, but the more I've taken a look at it, it probably makes sense, too. While several people have helped me out on the internet making me more aware of the need for repenting for our sins, etc, I had a pretty peaceful relationship with Christ before all of this started. I'm getting back to that level now, thankfully, but yet some of the things I've read online have really put me into extremely fearful states when it comes to my personal relationship. I still don't know if that was warranted in every case (I just don't know), so it's hard to say.

Everybody you talk with online when it comes to the Faith seems to have a different opinion on the Bible-not about the main message, thankfully, but even here, the best online Christian forum there is in my opinion, the opinions very from person to person.

A lot of that can really mess you up. Some are peaceful and loving, some are very aggressive....Some seem to relish on quoting loving, peaceful Scripture, while others favor the "Vengeance" and "You must or else" area. While it's our duty to sort through all of the different opinions and come up with what believe from all of that, the culmination of reading so many different opinions everyday can lead you on a straight path to a nervous breakdown, too. I know I was heading in that direction. So perhaps He was making a point with me about something there if that was Him.

When it comes to dreams, there isn't a whole lot of research. Some of it points to a vitamin B6 deficiency in those who don't dream, others claim that it's a vitamin B6 toxicity that causes some to have vivid dreams. I'm not a doctor, so I don't anything about any of this. Other studies have used something called Rapid Eye Movement, a process that involves a Psychiatrist or Psychologist moving his/her finger back and forth rapidly while the patient follows the finger with his eyes in an attempt to help the patient overcome this or that problem they happen to be dealing with. They are trying to "Copy" REM sleep by doing this. It's not something that many recommend for those with psychiatric illness.

While some people have had very meaningful, spirtually orientated dreams, others have dreamed about sex and all kinds of bad stuff, too, so it's hard for me to come up with any clear opinion about them (Although I love hearing about the peaceful Christian ones).

As for the topic at hand here, anything that draws a person closer to God the way it's meant to be, I'm all for it.

Edited by truespirit

It is possible for God's warning etc who knows. and I will keep waiting on the Lord and he will speak to me about that to see what God is trying to tell me about this.

Thanks for that support and share with me about the verse.

I really appreciate that very much.

In Him

Deafcanada

Deafcanada,

I will pray for you today that God will give you the understanding he wants you to have from this dream. There are many dreams I have had that I know are "just dreams," and there are many that I know have had significant meaning. Some of them I still don't understand, but I know that if they have a significant meaning that God will reveal that to me in his timing. Whether this was a prophetic dream or whether it was for just you personally, as others have stated, the truth remains the same - God will protect you through the storm! And, you should be sharing your faith with your family members no matter what the outcome of the dream. We should all be about the business of helping people get ready for Christ's return, no matter the interpretation of your dream.

I am glad that you are here. Thank you so much for sharing your dream with us. God bless you!

I don't want to go off topic but since we're discussing dreams here I thought I'd share a dream I had two nights ago. It is very strange as well.

It seems I am in a car looking out to the right-side of the window. I see a group of KKK (Ku Klux Klan) men riding on horses. They are in their full white robes with that long pointy head cover (or mask). I think the horses were white too. They begin to pass to the side of me and I see that they are pulling chairiots. I sense that there were many many of them. The appearance and multitude of them was very intimidating and frightening.

What I see next was very shocking and saddening. In each of the chairiots, there were two black children. They were all crying and reaching out their arms to me as if to save them. Their faces were contorted with terror.

The horses were moving fast and the whole horde passed me. I see them ride off into the dust. Then I awoke.

Felix,

I have had several dreams about people needing to be rescued and God sending me to rescue them. I am not a dream interpreter, so don't take this as fact, but I have some observations. The KKK are known for their oppression of people who don't fit into their criteria for what they consider to be valuable individuals. This certainly could represent Satan, or it could represent any evil forces that would come against us, including false religions who hate us in America because we believe in the true God. Black slaves, back in the time of slavery, were very religious people. They prayed to God and believed in him even in their slavery. I think the image of black children is certainly interesting, because I think it depicts slavery. I know there are many people enslaved to sin that need to be set free, and the enemy has them presently in his grip. I think the "white" is interesting, because he comes as an angel of light. He is the deceiver. He is the false "lion & the lamb." He covers himself in white, but underneath he is full of hate and deceit - like false teachers who have their followers enslaved. These people need to be set free. I believe, as Christians, we should all be called to set people free, not that we release people from their sins, but that we point them to the Savior who can free them.

I believe this also may be depicting the judgment of God on America. All through scripture the Lord used the people of other countries who were Israel's enemies as instruments of God's judgment on his people for their spiritual adultery. I know there are going to be people who disagree with me, but I believe the Lord is going to send an army against us as his judgment upon us and there will be people crying and in agony, and God will use us to give them the message of hope in Christ Jesus - who can set them free from their bondage to sin. At this time, I believe God will open their eyes so that they see they are in bondage (many are blinded to this right now) and they will be crying out for someone to show them the way to freedom and hope. And, we are going to see a great harvest of souls as a result. God wants as many as possible to be ready to meet him when he comes back, and I believe this is the way he is going to get his bride ready.

Felix,

Each day I try to read a passage out of the OT and one out of the NT (for balance), and this was my OT passage for this morning (I picked up where I had left off reading from yesterday). Quite a few of the words and phrases in this passage were also in your dream, so I thought perhaps there might be something here worth your prayerful attention.

Isaiah 29:

Woe to you, Ariel, Ariel,

the city where David settled!

Add year to year

and let your cycle of festivals go on.

2 Yet I will besiege Ariel;

she will mourn and lament,

she will be to me like an altar hearth.

3 I will encamp against you all around;

I will encircle you with towers

and set up my siege works against you.

4 Brought low, you will speak from the ground;

your speech will mumble out of the dust.

Your voice will come ghostlike from the earth;

out of the dust your speech will whisper.

5 But your many enemies will become like fine dust,

the ruthless hordes like blown chaff.

Suddenly, in an instant,

6 the LORD Almighty will come

with thunder and earthquake and great noise,

with windstorm and tempest and flames of a devouring fire.

7 Then the hordes of all the nations that fight against Ariel,

that attack her and her fortress and besiege her,

will be as it is with a dream,

with a vision in the night