IGNORED

Mel Gibson's movie

Guest Happy

Guest Goldman01

WIP-

That's correct! The movie is being made in the original languages of Hebrew, Latin and Aramaic,(no English), which was used during that time. They wanted to make the movie as realistic as they could...to basically "take you back into time, nearly 2000 years ago" so to speak. Gibson doesn't want to release the movie with subtitles, but may depending on what kind of feedback he gets. I'm eager for it to come out and am hoping it opens in theaters near me. The movie in the making is so controversial right now, that they are asking for people to support it being made and asking that they give their location and tell other people about it so that they can have it released in a theater near you! I'm looking forward to it's release, and if it doesn't come to theaters around here, then I will buy the movie when it comes to dvd!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shareagape

I guess there is some question yet whether or not their will be subtitles. Personally, I think it's silly not to include them, since those who aren't that familiar with the story will miss out on a lot otherwise. Have you seen the trailer? It gave me chills:

http://www.hollywoodjesus.com/passion.htm

Kristina

www.geocities.com/shareagape

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

It seems very silly to me also to not have the subtitles. This is something powerful (I've heard) that he wants to get out to the masses - I'm sorry - I love my country and it's people, but we are a somewhat lazy and spoiled bunch. The subtitles would have been hard enough to get people to (because they would have had to 'work' at viewing the movie), but without them I don't think it stands a chance. JMO. Could be very wrong.

People want to be entertained. If they have to work at it, forget it.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

It seems very silly to me also to not have the subtitles. This is something powerful (I've heard) that he wants to get out to the masses...

Ever watch a non-English (language) movie on cable? I know pictures say alot of WORDS.... but there are parts where I need some narration to be certain of what I'm viewin' matches up with what I'm seein'! :t2:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

No, I haven't. I imagine it would be even worse than watching a Godzilla movie where the words are two seconds after the lips on the Japanese guy move. LOL

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/30/1979

Yeah I think the subtitle are needed because then that way People in other counties that don't speak English can understand more.

Guest idolsmasher
That's correct! The movie is being made in the original languages of Hebrew, Latin and Aramaic,(no English), which was used during that time.

Seems that mostly Jews and Europeans will understand the script. Do you think many Jews will go see it? Maybe that's what the ADL is afraid of? Do you think that's what ole Mel had in mind? Seems that Mel is ministering to the Jews too! :t2: :blues:

Judging by the links provided, it looks shoking. I want to see it so much, but I am not sure about no subtitles. Did all the actors had to learn the language? :t2: