Kalashnikova

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I broke up with a man 5 years ago and still can't get over him. Is this unusual?

What is the longest time it took you to get over a broken relationship?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

I would have to say that it really depends on the situation, and your personality. For example, my first boyfriend only lasted a few months and though it hurt a lot, it took me about a month to get over him. My last relationship lasted a year and a half and it took me a good four months to completely get over it. The only reason I was able to get over it at all is because I knew that God's will was being done...and I trusted Him to bring me to the right man.

Have you really given this to God? Do you trust Him to bring you to the one you are meant for...I mean, really trust? If you have, yet you still feel this, then perhaps He is trying to tell you something about that relationship that is still not settled...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I was in a relationship with someone I truly loved deeply. I knew God wanted me out of that relationship and I agonized over it! I didn't know how on earth I could shut off those feelings. God asked me if I loved Him more than I loved her. Naturally, I did/do, so I ended it. It hurt so badly I felt it physically. I was as big a wreck as I had ever been in in my life. My friends were really scared for me. After one week of feeling sorry for myself and grieving, I desperately turned to God and told Him that I knew if I didn't give the situation over to Him, I would never heal from this. Not with the way my heart works. Left to my own way, it would years before I could go a single day without thinking about her.

I was determined to lay it at God's feet and absolutely TRUST Him with it... and me. It wasn't easy, but I held to it and one month later, just one month, God had healed me completely and I was set free from the agony and torture that I put myself through over it. I walked away from it whole, healed and healthy in every way... not to mention so much wiser.

I'm convinced that this is the only way to heal from a broken heart. But for a broken heart to be healed, God has to be given all of the pieces.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/31/1977

I broke up with a man 5 years ago and still can't get over him. Is this unusual?

I have not had a girlfriend since I was 15 years old. Now I am 29 years old. :emot-handshake: I am serious too. Life gets lonely but God promised me Psalm 128. Until then I gotta quit falling in love with women that are married. That is what really hurts liking a woman that is already taken. :noidea:

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I dont know if you ever "get over" a broken relationship with someone you truly loved, regardless of why it ended. I think the best one can do is pick up and move on.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

I totally agree with Keith. The only way to heal is to give all the pieces of your heart and this situation to the Lord.

Love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

*nods* Marnie, I think you hit the nail on the head...

Yes, I did. Thank you for your kind words.

I would have to say that it really depends on the situation, and your personality. For example, my first boyfriend only lasted a few months and though it hurt a lot, it took me about a month to get over him. My last relationship lasted a year and a half and it took me a good four months to completely get over it. The only reason I was able to get over it at all is because I knew that God's will was being done...and I trusted Him to bring me to the right man.

Have you really given this to God? Do you trust Him to bring you to the one you are meant for...I mean, really trust? If you have, yet you still feel this, then perhaps He is trying to tell you something about that relationship that is still not settled...

Thank you.

I was in a relationship with someone I truly loved deeply. I knew God wanted me out of that relationship and I agonized over it! I didn't know how on earth I could shut off those feelings. God asked me if I loved Him more than I loved her. Naturally, I did/do, so I ended it. It hurt so badly I felt it physically. I was as big a wreck as I had ever been in in my life. My friends were really scared for me. After one week of feeling sorry for myself and grieving, I desperately turned to God and told Him that I knew if I didn't give the situation over to Him, I would never heal from this. Not with the way my heart works. Left to my own way, it would years before I could go a single day without thinking about her.

I was determined to lay it at God's feet and absolutely TRUST Him with it... and me. It wasn't easy, but I held to it and one month later, just one month, God had healed me completely and I was set free from the agony and torture that I put myself through over it. I walked away from it whole, healed and healthy in every way... not to mention so much wiser.

I'm convinced that this is the only way to heal from a broken heart. But for a broken heart to be healed, God has to be given all of the pieces.

I'm 30. The last time a went out was 6 years ago. I don't fall in love with married people.

I have not had a girlfriend since I was 15 years old. Now I am 29 years old. :24: I am serious too. Life gets lonely but God promised me Psalm 128. Until then I gotta quit falling in love with women that are married. That is what really hurts liking a woman that is already taken. :o