• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Thank you all for your responses. I wish I had time to answer you all individually, but my schedule does not allow for it, at least not today. I have a bunch of meetings to attend, one to fascilitate that I need to finish planning for, and I have to go grocery shopping and minister to a neighbor who is hurting, etc.

On the fear issue, I am not now nor was I in my dreams afraid for my son. I have had and did have a total peace. My d-i-l, however, is very fearful. I have spent lots of time with her, assuring her of God's Sovereignty and of his promise to keep us in the shelter of his wings even during the storms of life if we trust in him. Even in Psalm 91, notice that his protection is conditional - "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty." We have to "dwell in the shelter." Then, in verse 9 it repeats this idea with "If you make the Most High your dwelling... then no harm will befall you..." But, even there, God really does not promise we will not suffer persecution, illnesses, accidents and even death (when you read the whole Bible). I think his promise to us is that IN those circumstances, he will keep us in his care IF we make the Most High our dwelling. We have to live in him and him in us. We have to trust him with the circumstances of our lives if we want this kind of protection. I think the protection is more the protection from the fear of harm and the fear of our circumstances. It is a promise of being kept under his wings even through the valleys of the shadow of death.

We have a pastor in our town whose wife is dying of Lukemia. He told the story of how, in the hospital, they almost lost her at one point, and when she came to she said she had been to heaven. She reached out her frail hand and said "do you know where I am? I am in the palm of God's hand. She pointed to the middle of her hand, and said, "I'm right here." This is a woman who knows what it means to "dwell in the shelter of the Most High." The hospital can not do anything for her, so she is coming home to die. She's ready to go home. God has used her much on this earth to be a witness for him, and now he's calling her home. So, you see, this shelter did not keep her from getting Lukemia and it did not promise her healing and long life on this earth. But, she knew where she was. She was in the palm of HIS hand! Oh, that we would all know that kind of peace during our trials of life.

My son and d-i-l are not dwelling in the shelter of the Most High. My d-i-l is angry with God because she is afraid God is not going to bring her husband back and my son is angry, so he is not spending time in the shelter of the Most High, either. They are wanting to control their own destinies, but they both have to learn to rest in Christ and his will for their lives, and that could mean that Steven is not coming home. I believe we are in the last days. My concern for Steven is not that he live in this life and this world, but that he have eternal life in heaven - that he know he is in the palm of God's hands, just like that pastor's wife knows, and that Krystal would also rest in the shelter of the Almighty God. So, if you pray anything, pray that they will rest in the shelter of the Almighty and they will have the assurance that they are in the palm of His hand. Thanks so much!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Yes Sue...I just feel such a kinship to you this morning. What a beautiful teaching you have given us. I have just this week been renewing my mind in Psalms 91. God is good. And how grateful we are to have HIM, regardless. Prayers are with you this day!

I had a dream last night where my dead grandfather sat up from his death bed, gave me a hug and my sister took a picture of us.

What does that mean?

Hi Giaour,

If I had that dream I would simply think that it is a reminder that so long as we are in Christ that we are together in Christ. Taking the picture would symbolize having something to remind you of that. Also the dream could be a picture that the love your Grandfather had for you is eternal. It still goes on. Taking a picture would still symbolize reminding you of that. It is a lovely dream. One to cherish I would think of a loving grandfather.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Interesting.

I thought it was my subconscious longing to have just one more moment with him.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/15/1930

No dream HAS to come true. It could be a warning so that the praying needed could be eagerly entered into.

That's kind-of what I would lean towards. I'm not good with prophetic dreams, but sometimes dreams are warnings rather than guarenteed forthcomings.

Since these dreams seem to indicate harm coming to your son, pray hard for his safety and for his life. And pray he not get captured . . . ew, definantly pray he not got captured!

Pray Psalms 91 and 121 and 18 over him.

Yes, Lord, I speak those Psalms over CFS's son, in Jesus' name!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I will certainly pray for your son. It could be a warning. I have had a few which kept me from making big mistakes. It won't hurt to pray for him anyway being that he is in such a dangerous place.

One "weird" dream I had was definitely prophetic. I dreamt it in 2000 and it is gradually coming true. This is the article I wrote about the dream:

Your Old Men Shall Dream Dreams

God gave me this dream in September 2000 but it is also meant for you.

Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out my spirit on all flesh; and your sons and daughters shall prophesy. Your old men shall dream dreams; your young men shall see visions."

Older women have dreams, too. I had a dream from God. A few days later He gave me a partial interpretation of it. Five and one half years later I am learning more and more what it means.

First of all God was "operating" on me with His two edged sword. He promised me a healing in all areas of my life---physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual and any other area I may not be aware of. It has been happening and continues to do so. He continues to keep His promise. I have testimonies of what He has done from time to time to keep that promise.

God can and does heal our bodies but He is even more concerned about our spiritual healing. I had a toenail that was cut completely taken out. It was a hurting and bothersome thing. I can see better after lens transplants in both eyes. I only needed glasses for reading small print. I had my esophagus stretched so I could swallow without choking. I have been blessed with fairly good health. In my church many have testifies to the physical healings they have received.

This is the dream. Although God has given it for me personally, it is also meant for all Christians who are willing to let God operate on them for healing. I dreamt I was lying on a clean white hospital bed. A big hand with a knife was hanging over me. I had no fear; only peace and contentment. I knew I was in good hands.

The hand came down and cut me open from the neck down. The two sides of my body were spread out flat on the bed. Blood began to trickle out slowly then gushed out in a mighty stream. It was bright, red, healthy looking blood. The hand took a mesh bag out of me and hung it on a line. I woke up. What a weird dream, I thought!

A few days later I got a partial interpretation. The operation would be literal and spiritual; intertwined as time went on. Hebrews 4:12-13 "For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

Nothing is hidden from God. He knows ALL about us. Although we try, we can't hide anything from Him. God is opening up all who are willing to let Him operate on the inward man to get rid of our secret sins and errors. He will also show us what we are doing right. We may be surprised! He knows whether our good deeds are done for His glory or to earn us "Brownie points" to get us into heaven for our own sake.

We waste a lot of time when something, though basically good, is not in God's will for us. God is not concerned with our outward show of "goodness" but examines our inward intentions. Read Psalm 51:6-13. Especially note 6 & 7. "Behold you desire truth in the inward parts; and in the hidden part you shall make me to know wisdom. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me and I shall be whiter than snow." Verse 10 "Create in me a clean heart, O God and renew a right spirit in me." Verses 12 & 13 "Restore unto me the joy of thy Salvation; and uphold me with your free Spirit. Then will I teach transgressors your ways; and sinners shall be converted to you."

We can only teach to others what we have been through by our testimonies. We teach through the faults we have been cleansed of. Is this why God lets us go our own way, knowing we will fall? When He picks us up and cleanses us, He can use us. We didn't ask for our trials but God knows exactly what each individual needs to draw him closer to Himself. He uses what we have learned through many tears to help others who face the same things.

Let's go back to the dream. The flowing red blood was the blood of Jesus washing out all the accumulated garbage in my inward man. I had a hard time believing God could forgive me for what I have done; especially for dabbling in the occult for a season. It was just enough to give the devil his opening. I got into one thing after another but God would pull me out. I was just in each one a short time; to learn a little bit about their false doctrines without being saturated with any of them.

A new revelation! God knew where I would be today. As God is being kicked out of public places and even in homes, the devil is allowed to move further into those empty spaces. Whether any one listens or not, I am to warn people of what is happening. The occult is becoming a common teaching. It's even made into comedies on T.V. like "Bewitched" and "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer and others like that using supernatural powers (not from God). Cartoon and books like "Harry Potter" for children can be seen or read almost anywhere without adults being aware of what is happening to their children. With permission parents are raising a new coven of witches and devil worshippers. This will be writing. I get on my soap box about it!

God knew I was seeking for His truth but didn't know where to go. I was ready to get into the new Age when God got tired of my trying to sit on the fence. That's another story.

The pure blood was going into every part of my insides washing out all the impurities of sin and error. Nothing was passed over. I was thoroughly cleansed by the blood; an antibiotic to keep the infection from spreading. Now God could start creating in me the new creature I accepted with hope though I couldn't see how it was possible. Romans 8:24 &25 "For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man sees why does he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it." We have to be changed into that new creature God has promised us. We can not get into heaven with the corruptible old creature.

The bag on the line is all the new parts God is putting in me (and you) after He takes out the old. It contains a new heart, body, soul and spirit---the whole works. I didn't see this with my physical eyes but I believe it with my heart. Our old body will remain as long as we are on this earth. We have to have something visible to hold the new invisible man together. II Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away, behold all things are become new."

Before a baby is born, it starts as a tiny seed. It gradually has all its parts added for nine months until it is completed and ready to make an appearance. New Christians are like that baby. God is in no hurry to make everything all new at once. It will be in His timing. Being a carnal being, I don't believe we can handle all the changes at once. When someone gets a heart or kidney transplant, it is possible his body may reject it.

It is something foreign invading his known body. Not always deliberately but from old bad habits, we may try to reject what God has for us. It is foreign to our old man. Sometimes it has to be spoon fed to us.

It took us many years to build up our hang ups and strongholds. God will take parts out of the bag as we are ready to discard them; maybe just one at a time. He will not force them on us. I did ask for a new heart. I can see it happening gradually. I need this to keep the blood of Jesus flowing freely. He doesn't give us what we don't want or ask for. We have to DO something on our part to receive them. Ephesians 4:17-32 tells us about a new way of thinking and living. It tells us to PUT off (Verse 23) the old man and PUT on (verse 24) the new man. It is something we have to make up our mind to do. We may fall from time to time but the Holy Spirit will help us.

That has nothing to do with salvation. Or being saved by works.

Remember, we already have the makings of a new man but as long as we are in this corrupt old body, God has to continually deal with us. No one has arrived yet. The blood has already done its work. We can accept or reject what God has for us but lose a lot in the rejection. What hasn't been changed will be when Jesus returns for us. I Corinthians 15:51-53 tells about being changed in the twinkling of an eye. God knows we can not become perfect in a life time. But we keep trying. Hebrews 12:1b...Looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith." Will you let God operate on you? God bless you.

Remember, we already have the makings of a new man but as long as we are in this corrupt old body, God has to continually deal with us. No one has arrived yet. The blood has already done its work. We can accept or reject what God has for us but lose a lot in the rejection. What hasn't been changed will be when Jesus returns for us. I Corinthians 15:51-53 tells about being changed in the twinkling of an eye. God knows we can not become perfect in a life time. But we keep trying. Hebrews 12:1b...Looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith." Will you let God operate on you? God bless you.

LovedbyGod,

Thank you so much for sharing those encouraging words with us today! God was "operating" on me today, and I let him. It was painful for awhile, but his love and comfort came along with the trial so that I would know he was in it and that he will be glorified through it and to also encourage me to persevere.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

we have dreams for various reasons........

some are prophetic, about things that may or may not happen depending on the sequence of events leading up to them....

some can be warnings, such as informing us that if we continue on in our own ways, that we will meet with God's wrath.....

some can be informative, such as God telling us what to do...

some can be the mind clearing out all the junk that it has accumilated through the day(s) or weeks.... even years ago......

some can be a jumbled up mess of things...

some can be to call us out to pray.... or even deliver food to some one, or even cloths.....

for my experience, ( this is not the same for everyone ) when ever God has given me a dream, that was ment for me, He has also given me the understanding for it..... there has been only a couple times when i have taken a dream to some one else to interpret.... why???? i want God''s word on it, not mans thoughts.........

for instance.... i had a series of dreams one night, ( three to be exact ) and after each one i woke and knew what it ment.... and i went back to sleep, and dreamed again, for a total of three dreams and i remembered them in great detail when i awoke...

i shared them with a friend that thought they was a dream interpreter, and they was so far off of what God had shared with me, about the meaning of them, and they would not listen to what I was trying to tell them about the understanding of the dreams.....

be careful about what people say about them.... seek God for His guidance in the meanings, and if God has some one else in mind as to who may help you understand them, He will let you know....

dreams about people that are close to ones self can be a common thing, and some times we dream about them in some of the weirdest surroundings, or circumstances....... sometimes they dont mean a thing.... careful discernment can help out here..... some times we mistake a dream to mean something it is not, and we "drop the ball " as far as what God really wants us to do.......

for instance.....

when i was on my way to the Persian Gulf, (Desert Storm) i had a dream about a friend i had not seen nor heard of or from or even thought about since i graduated from Highschool in 77......

the dream was in such a way, i mistook it for what was going to happen to us ( our ship ) and nothing did through our cruise.... when i returned home, it took over a year ( almost two years ) to locate this person.... i finally did, and when i conveyed the dream, this person was totally quiet.... then the explanation came, and i was told this person was the one in the hospital, and was near death.....

I buckled for I had been called upon to pray for this person, and I dropped the ball, being that I was focused on myself and the situation I was in.... not thinking about my friends and others I know......

some dreams i have had, have actually been futuristic..... one dream ( in april of 77 ) gave me a name and a number.... the name ANGEL.... and a 7 diget number..... wrote these down..... as i did alot of dreams..... in Sept 77, on my way to the Kansas state fair, i met a girl, named Angela, we talked and rode a few rides, and on the way back i asked her to write hernumber down.... she did.... when i called her later, i had that dejavue, and when i looked in my dream journal, i found the number, and the name... her name actually was Angel, but when she came to the USA, they messed up the papers and wrote Angela..... the phone number was exact....

after that dream i through the note book away..... did not keep track of dreams for quite some time... i did not want to know what was going to happen.....

it was not until 1989 that i started keeping a journal again... this time i use if for all kinds of things... messages, dreams, thoughts on what i have read, things going on in my life.... so forth and so on.....

even sunday school notes and sermon notes.....

anyways, seek God for your answer, and in the meen time, continue praying for the military members that are there and their families back here...

mik

Hey Butero!

Since I live about 20 miles from the Lake Norman Dam I surely do hope that you are wrong wrong wrong! However the reasons for your interpretation are certainly right on. Maybe we ALL ought to be praying!

It seems nice to be meeting all you guys from our same area.

Blessings......

Hey Butero!

Since I live about 20 miles from the Lake Norman Dam I surely do hope that you are wrong wrong wrong! However the reasons for your interpretation are certainly right on. Maybe we ALL ought to be praying!

It seems nice to be meeting all you guys from our same area.

Blessings......

Thanks to all the new additions to this topic, Mr & Mrs Mike, Butero and again to Shepherdsgrace (I hope I did not leave anyone out).

I believe M&M Mike posted that one before, because I remember reading that, I think, unless I just dreamed it. :wub: I don't think scripture teaches us that we will always know the meanings of our dreams. Many people who had dreams in the Bible sought out the counsel of wise men, and even Peter did not understand the vision God gave him, and it says Paul (&Luke?) determined the meaning of Paul's dream and went on what they thought it meant, so I see no harm in getting outside opinions, as long as we take them as thus.

Sometimes others in the body of Christ can look at things more objectively than we can look at them ourselves, and sometimes they are actually confirmations. I mean, that is why we have the body of Christ, well, one of the reasons. We all have different gifts and we are to share those gifts with one another and we learn through one another. Have you ever been to a Bible study discussion where you read something in the bible and thought it meant one thing and someone else thought it meant something else or else they got something out of it that you did not? Now, we could just say that God will speak to us through his word and he will give us the understanding of what the passage means so we don't need each other, and he does speak, and sometimes we just need to hear what he says, but I learn so much from listening to what other people are hearing from God, too. Sometimes we share something with the body because then someone else will say, "You know, I've had a dream like that, too, or I have been sensing this, too," etc. Then, we take it back to God and read his word and we ask for guidance concerning what we have heard, always testing everything, and never accepting something just because so and so said it. But, we don't stop listening. I learn from other people all the time, and sometimes God's convicting voice comes through the words of others and sometimes his words of encouragement come through my brothers and sisters in Christ. So, I appreciate all the comments here.

Butero, I believe you have a pretty good understanding of the dreams. I do believe a terrorist attack is coming, but not just because of this one or two dreams. These were merely confirmations of what I already knew. And, I believe the attack could be as early as this month. A lot of things are going down in the month of March that have to do with our enemies and us. Many analysts are saying it is not a matter of "if," but a matter of "when." I do believe the dream with the Tsunami was a dream of disaster, but it was also a dream of God's protection for my household, of which Steven chose to leave (in the dream). So, again, my prayer for Steven is not so much for his physical protection as it is for his salvation. If he is a Christian and he dies, he goes to heaven, so praise be to God! But, if he dies and he is still walking in the flesh... Steven understands God intellectually and he knows the right way, but he has never yielded his life to Christ. I really believe the dreams about him had more of a spiritual context than just physical. I have sent many letters to him on E-mail and in the dream the letters were "liquid" and someone was trying to take them away. So, it could be that if we are attacked by terrorists that we won't have access to e-mail anymore and my letters would go away, or it could mean that spiritually speaking the letters were like "liquid" to Steven in that they held no substance to him and so the enemy came and took the words away from him. I was really feeling like this was it, but was not sure, so that is why I asked what "liquid letters" could mean. I thought you had a good answer and it helped me, I think, to solidify what I thought God might be saying. So, thanks!

I do believe God will protect those through this coming disaster/attack who put their trust in him; who hide in the shelter of his wings (Psalm 91), but I don't know that all professing Christians will be protected. I think the key is that we hide in the shelter of his wings. Those are my thoughts, anyway. "We know in part, and we prophesy in part..."

My wife and I have dreams, and sit around talking about what the meaning might be. Sometimes we get it close and other times we miss it entirely. The one thing I do know however, is that when they come to pass, the connection becomes clear.

To Shepherdsgrace,

I live about 40 miles from Lake Norman, so I am not much better off than you. I have always had a concern about being so close to a nuclear power plant, especially since the terrorist attack on 9-11.

I use Excite.com as my home page, and I have it set up to have a verse for the day, and this was today's verse:

Isaiah 54:10:

"Though the mountains be shaken

and the hills be removed,

yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken

nor my covenant of peace be removed,