• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,466
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,800
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

The Archbishop of Canterbury has said he fears that divisions over gay priests and gay bishops may tear the Anglican Communion into two irreconcilable factions.

http://www.worthynews.com/news/telegraph-c...ant-xml-site-5/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

This just in under "Deeeeellllaaayyyyyeeeedddddd Reeeeaaaaaaacccctttttiiiiiooooonnnnn............................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

..ttttttiiiiiiimmmmmmeeeeeee."

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

:emot-highfive:

from damo1

this has also happend with in the unitting church and i was part of the split my pastor would not support or stand for what the synod was doing by alowing gays stil active and living in sin while preaching from the pulpit i left the unitting church because of this and have found my self with other like minded people so this just shows you how foolish some can be on this subject i know for my self i would not alow my self to be in such a position wear i elect a gay male or female and think its ok for them to preach while stil living in sin

the church i was in it was a big church and when the pastor stated he wil be stepping down a lot of people went with him and they formed a new church caled grace i respect this man for his stand and what he had to say yet at the same time it also hurt a lot of people as sevral stayed behind

yet i know god wil deal with this when we all face him on judgment day there wil be no excuses as they wil have to answear to him

from damo1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

I know a few anglicans that are livid over gay leadership in the church.

• 2 weeks later...

Archbishop complaing????? Is this for real?

Like his sin is any less than a homosexuals sin??? Sin is Sin.

He bows down to graven images, prays to and worships mary, has that smokey incense burner, dresses all funny and all the other abominations in the catholic church and he is complaining about gays????????? Thou shalt worship the LORD thy God and only Him shalt thou serve..........God said it and that settles it.

An idolator complaining about homosexual idolators.... :th_praying:

I just don't get it......I guess it's a worldling thing.

Although I hear their are no gays in Iran.................well that's another story

How Christ Loves Us

Ms.J

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Archbishop complaing????? Is this for real?

Like his sin is any less than a homosexuals sin??? Sin is Sin.

All of us are less than perfect regarding sin; we are all sinners. The fact that we sin does not negate our responsibility or right to protest an issue that people consider to be an abomination because it stands in opposition to the truth. He was not "complaing" as you put it; on the contrary he was being attacked for seemingly being indecisive on the issue.

He bows down to graven images, prays to and worships mary, has that smokey incense burner, dresses all funny and all the other abominations in the catholic church

The topic is about the possible split in the Anglican church, not a personal attack on the Archbishop and how he dresses.

I wonder if you even read the news articles, it doesn't seem so from what you've written here.

Edited by femelle

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Dr Williams urged every member of the Synod to take personal responsibility for avoiding tensions and splits within the Church of England and worldwide Anglicanism.

The Anglican church has faced testing times before and managed to stay together, the ordination of women was a huge issue that threatened to split the church. Below is a quote from the 1978 Lambeth Conference which was directly related to the issue of ordinating women. Twenty years on it was much less of an issue,

The 1978 resolution stated that: "...the holding together of diversity within a unity of faith and worship is part of the Anglican heritage."

By 1998, a slim majority of the provinces had decided to ordain women. There was little controversy at that year's Lambeth Commission concerning female deacons and priests. Female ordination had become almost a non-issue.

People felt strongly then about the ordination of women as they do about this issue now.

I wonder if this will be the 'straw that breaks the camels back' within this section of the church.