Christ's Free Servant

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Are you claiming to be a prophet, then - for I've never heard of a non-prophet being granted the insight of prophetic interpretation. :huh:

Why then should any of us read the bible . . . except to study to show ourselves approved . . . rightly dividing the word of truth.

You completely missed the point.

Prophesy isn't something you can just run through a computer and output an interpretation to (and I consider the mind a type of computer, if you catch my meaning).

I never said I figured it all out with my little ole

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I told you I have prayerfully sought out the truth concerning this matter and have shared what I believe to be most correct.

BlindSeeker,

I think that is all any of us can do. There are times when God gives a special message to us that we know is from him, but most of the time we are right where you described here. We pray. We seek God's face. And, we share the best we know how what we believe to be the truth. Ultimately, God has the final word, you know? :huh:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

But, why do you think he gave us the book of Revelation?

If Revelation is for "us" then what use was it for the 1st century church? Or Christians a few centuries ago?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Just my two cents worth (maybe it's not even worth that, but I hope you're willing to take the overcharge!):

1. In the Middle East, Mecca is known as the 'city built on 7 hills' and has been since time out of mind.

2. No entity has murdered more Christians than has Islam.

Perhaps we have all been looking in the wrong direction........

very very interesting..........

If you have been watching Zola Levitt Live, he has been hosting some former Muslim terrorists that have converted to Christ. They have a similar take, that many of the nations mentioned in Ezekiel are currently Muslim nations. They think the great apostacy of the tribulation will be a Muslim apostacy.

Thanks for your understanding Christ's Free Servant

If Revelation is for "us" then what use was it for the 1st century church? Or Christians a few centuries ago?

I could ask a very simular question about the book of Daniel . . .

• Da 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
    9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Guest Bpoppa56

Have you considered that Babylon might just mean Babylon as in Iraq? The city/nation of Babylon is mentioned second only to Israel/Jerusalem in scripture. If you look at Daniel the four nations that God shows him as world impacting powers have come and gone and are now again (Babylon/Iraq, Persia/Iran, Greece/Greece, and Rome/EU). The EU being formed based on a treaty that was signed in 1957 called of all things the treaty of ROME! So why would Daniel under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit prophecy about these nations and their return if Babylon was not going to be the Babylon of the end times? I don't argue the corruption of the U.S. but I think we tend to give more weight to our country than we deserve in terms of end time events.

So are you saying that God told you that America was "BABYLON THE GREAT

THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES

AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH."?

Or is this your opinion?

Is this your analysis or prophesy?

Maybe a little bit of both or inbetween. I'm not sure. I sense that God has given me that understanding of the passage, but I can not say that he said "America is Mystery Babylon." Sometimes I read his word and it is just like a still small voice inside me that says "consider this..." and other times it is almost like he is shouting and saying "This is it." This was one of those "consider this..." kinds of things. So, I don't think it is strictly just my opinion, but I can not say God is telling me specifically that, either. It is just something I sense in my heart, and it fits other things I know are from the Lord.

I know he is coming to judge us and that he is going to use our enemies as his instrument of his judgment, and the judgment, I believe is on the house of God and on our government and our spiritual leaders, because so many of them are leading people astray and they are following after other "gods." And, I know it is soon. And, as I was praying about it tonight, Revelation 17 was the next place I was reading in my Bible, and it stood out to me again how when I read Revelation 17, I always see the Statue of Liberty and I see NY. I can't help but feel that God was whispering that in my heart, but I can't say for sure that this is one of those "thus saith the Lord" kinds of things. Maybe it is women's intuition. Have you ever just known something in your heart but you could not prove it? It's one of those kinds of things.

I guess that, if anything, I would just ask that people would consider the possibility it could be talking about us - consider it before God in prayer, that is, and just see what God tells you. I truly believe this is a very real possibility. And, I think it fits - fits the passage, and fits with everything that is going on in our world right now. Iran is ready to take us out! Al Qaeda has threatened to strike us again. Basically, a fairly good portion of the world hates us right now, and even our own people have turned against our president. I see prophecy getting ready to be fulfilled here. And, I believe Ezekiel 38 & 39 are next.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

My point is that if the whole point of prophecy is for the ones for whom the fulfillments are manifested, what use are they to those who have nothing to do with the fulfillment coming about?

The best study on Revelation I ever heard was when the teacher looked for "What is God saying to us through this" rather than "What is this symbolic of (ie. horses = tanks?)?"

. . . . The best study on Revelation I ever heard was when the teacher looked for "What is God saying to us through this" rather than "What is this symbolic of (ie. horses = tanks?)?"

This dream was posted on another website (a prophecy site). I don't buy into everything I read there, but every now and then I find something that strikes a chord of familiarity to me as to something I believe the Lord has been showing me. This was one of them. I thought I would just throw it into the pot here, because it goes along with my original post.

A Disturbing Dream

David Carrillo-Morales

Hello Bill

I had a dream that disturbed me and I wanted you to know --

I was in a place and I was uneasy - The Spirit of God said look outside and get the army ready because an attack was to come. I looked outside on a large green field and there was nothing there - then the Spirit said LOOK - I then saw soldiers emerge from the ground and then faded again into the ground. I then saw a submarine emerge out of the water and then missiles were fired - they went straight to the Statue of Liberty and my heart sank as I could see the face of the statue fall into the water. I was then taken to a place where a small gathering was being held and we stopped because the room was being bugged and we feared for our lives -- the dream then ended.

The Lord said that he has an Army of Prophets that he has hid and they are getting ready for what is to come. The Attack on America is soon and China and Russia are planning their next move - The Lord said that in the end times they would monitor Christians and look to see their next moves. The Lord has not given us the spirit of fear so we just need to be ready. If you can post this it would confirm what others are saying and we need to Pray.

Thanks

David Morales