Courtesy of Alexander Foertsch:

- 25 windows in the crown represent: "natural minerals" of the earth

- Toga represents: The Ancient Republic of Rome

- Torch represents: Enlightenment

- Chains underfoot represent: Liberty crushing the chains of slavery

- Location of alternate entrance: Sole of Liberty's right foot

7 Spikes in the Crown represent:

- Either Seven Seas:

Arctic, Antarctic, North & South Atlantic, North & South Pacific, Indian.

- Or Seven Continents:

North and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Antarctica, Australia

Revelation 17

One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me,

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

John MacArthurs take on babylon.

I think Babylon the Great represents a worldwide religious system. In chapter 17, a restoration of the original, anti-God paganism that was associated with the Tower of Babel in Genesis, and thus it bears the same name. But, I think it

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I think Babylon the Great represents a worldwide religious system. In chapter 17, a restoration of the original, anti-God paganism that was associated with the Tower of Babel in Genesis, and thus it bears the same name. But, I think it

So are you saying that God told you that America was "BABYLON THE GREAT

THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES

AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH."?

Or is this your opinion?

Is this your analysis or prophesy?

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

So are you saying that God told you that America was "BABYLON THE GREAT

THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES

AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH."?

Or is this your opinion?

Is this your analysis or prophesy?

Maybe a little bit of both or inbetween. I'm not sure. I sense that God has given me that understanding of the passage, but I can not say that he said "America is Mystery Babylon." Sometimes I read his word and it is just like a still small voice inside me that says "consider this..." and other times it is almost like he is shouting and saying "This is it." This was one of those "consider this..." kinds of things. So, I don't think it is strictly just my opinion, but I can not say God is telling me specifically that, either. It is just something I sense in my heart, and it fits other things I know are from the Lord.

I know he is coming to judge us and that he is going to use our enemies as his instrument of his judgment, and the judgment, I believe is on the house of God and on our government and our spiritual leaders, because so many of them are leading people astray and they are following after other "gods." And, I know it is soon. And, as I was praying about it tonight, Revelation 17 was the next place I was reading in my Bible, and it stood out to me again how when I read Revelation 17, I always see the Statue of Liberty and I see NY. I can't help but feel that God was whispering that in my heart, but I can't say for sure that this is one of those "thus saith the Lord" kinds of things. Maybe it is women's intuition. Have you ever just known something in your heart but you could not prove it? It's one of those kinds of things.

I guess that, if anything, I would just ask that people would consider the possibility it could be talking about us - consider it before God in prayer, that is, and just see what God tells you. I truly believe this is a very real possibility. And, I think it fits - fits the passage, and fits with everything that is going on in our world right now. Iran is ready to take us out! Al Qaeda has threatened to strike us again. Basically, a fairly good portion of the world hates us right now, and even our own people have turned against our president. I see prophecy getting ready to be fulfilled here. And, I believe Ezekiel 38 & 39 are next.

Well, I appreciate your answer.

If you would have said "God told me", I would have taken issue with it.

Are you willing to consider that Revelations speaks of Rome as Babylon the Great?

If I give you reasons, scriptures and facts to back up my opinion, would you rethink your position?

Or are you convinced of what you believe and nothing will sway you?

Well, I appreciate your answer.

If you would have said "God told me", I would have taken issue with it.

Are you willing to consider that Revelations speaks of Rome as Babylon the Great?

If I give you reasons, scriptures and facts to back up my opinion, would you rethink your position?

Or are you convinced of what you believe and nothing will sway you?

Giaour,

I'm willing to hear other perspectives. That is why I get on here. If only my opinion mattered, then there would be no purpose of a discussion forum, would there? Now, there are things I am sure of, that are things I believe God has witnessed in my heart through his Holy Spirit, and since he has confirmed them a hundred times over and since I know his voice, I doubt that you could convince me that I am not hearing him. Other than that, other than those few specific things I am most convinced about, I'm pretty open-minded. But, I still feel that the Statue of Liberty plays a role in this somehow. I was rethinking what John McCarther said after reading some more in Revelation, and I was thinking about what the Statue of Liberty stands for, and perhaps it is more widespread than just the USA, but I can't help but see the parallels between the seven spikes on her crown that represent the seven continents or seven waters and the fact that Revelation talks about the woman who sits on many waters and on seven hills which represent seven kings or kingdoms. And, I can't help but see the parallel between Revelation talking about how the water represents multiple tribes, nations, etc., and right there we have the UN. Where else in the world do we have a United Nations all in one location? I'm not discounting other ideas, mind you, I'm just saying that these parallels are standing out to me. But, I also believe that this judgment of God on "Babylon" is a judgment on The Church and on the government(s), so perhaps it is world-wide, because of the seven kingdoms could represent the seven continents and/or the seven bodies of water of the world. I'm thinking out loud here.

I was reading in Revelation 14 tonight, and something interesting stood out to me. I have always felt that the destruction of Babylon preceeded the seven years of tribulation, but other accounts seem to indicate that it is mid-trib or at the end. Chapter 14 seems to lean towards pre-trib. It states, in chp 14, that after the destruction of Babylon, that those who die in Christ after that point will be blessed, so I am assuming that means the tribulation. It also says that those who take the mark of the beast will also face the same fury of God's wrath as did Babylon, so again, this must at least be mid-trib, if not pre-trib. But, to go back to the thing of those who die in Christ after the fall of Babylon will be considered blessed from that point on, seems to indicate that the fall of Babylon will be the catalyst that will begin the tribulation. Many feel that America must go first before all other prophecies can be fulfilled, so again, America seems likely to be mystery babylon.

Ok, you're it! :)

Like in tag, you're it, just in case you did not pick up on my subtle humor there. It's your turn.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Just my two cents worth (maybe it's not even worth that, but I hope you're willing to take the overcharge!):

1. In the Middle East, Mecca is known as the 'city built on 7 hills' and has been since time out of mind.

2. No entity has murdered more Christians than has Islam.

Perhaps we have all been looking in the wrong direction........