Zildja

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I believe "Yahshua" is an english contraction of "Yahushua". It is true that in Hebrew, this contraction does not exist. However, the shortening of "Yahu" to "Yah" is very common in Hebrew (although admittedly, not in prefixes).

Here are some scriptures that show the "Branch" to be the future Messiah

Jeremiah 33:15-AV In those days, and at that time, will I cause the BRANCH of righteousness to grow up to David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land.

16-AV In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell in safety: and this [is the name] by which she shall be called, Yahweh our righteousness.

Isaiah 11:1-AV And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a BRANCH shall grow out of his roots:

2-AV And the spirit of Yahweh shall rest upon him, (see John 1:32) the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel andmight, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of Yahweh;

3-AV And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of Yahweh: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

4-AV But with righteousness shall he judge the poor,and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

5-AV And righteousness shall be the belt of his loins,and faithfulness the belt of his reins.

Jeremiah 23:2-AV Therefore thus saith Yahweh Elohim of Israel against the shepherds that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith Yahweh.

3-AV And I will gather the remnant of my flock from all countries where I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.

4-AV And I will set shepherds over them who shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith Yahweh.

5-AV Behold, the days come, saith Yahweh, that I will raise to David a righteous BRANCH, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice upon theearth.

6-AV In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israelshall dwell in safety: and this [is] his name by which he shall be called, YAHWEH OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

7-AV Therefore, behold, the days come, saith Yahweh, that they shall no more say, Yahweh liveth, who brough tthe children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;

8-AV But, Yahweh liveth, who brought and who led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries where I have driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

Zechariah 3:8-AV Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they [are] men wondered at:for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH.

Here is Yahushua's name prophesied

Zechariah 6:9-AV And the word of Yahweh came to me, saying, 10-AV Take of [them of] the captivity, [even] ofHeldai, of Tobijah, and of Jedaiah, who are come from Babylon, and come thou the same day, and go into the house of Josiah the son of Zephaniah; 11-AV Then take silver and gold, and make crowns, and set [them] upon the head of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest;

Joshua is pronounced Yahushua in the original Hebrew and in this text we have the letters , that is Yod, He, Waw, Shin, Ayin in Hebrew. This is the same way it is found 194 times in the Hebrew Masoretic text all throughout scripture. This is important to know because there is a key thing said about this name in the next verse:

Zechariah 6:12-AV And speak to him, saying, Thus speaketh Yahweh of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of Yahweh:

So the Scripture is saying: "Behold (or look) the man (Yahushua) whose NAME () is the BRANCH"

Therefore the current High Priest of Judah in the days of Zechariah Joshua (Yahshua) has the name of the "BRANCH" or the coming Messiah.

Therefore the current High Priest of Judah in the days of Zechariah Joshua (Yahshua) has the name of the "BRANCH" or the coming Messiah.

Concerning this name being shortened to "Yeshua" in the book of Ezra (in Aramaic), we find many other names that also were changed, perhaps to reflect the Aramaic dialect. In Aramaic, the accent is often placed on the last syllable, the first vowel disappearing. For instance, the Father of Yahushua the High Priest in Zechariah 6 is changed from Yod, Heh, Waw, Tzadik, Dalet, Qof (Pronounced Yahutsadak) to Yod, Waw, Tzadik, Dalet, Qof (Said to be pronounced Yotsadak) in Nehemiah 12:26. In both cases, the name of the Father is altered. The same is true of other transliterations. The greek "Iesous" does not accurately convey the name of the Father (or even the Son for that matter). All lexicons and most scholars that I am aware of say this is derived from "Yahushua" (3091), not "Yeshua"(3442). Both the Aramaic and Greek are derived from the Hebrew original.

The following is evidence for the Messiah's name being "Yahushua", or the same name as the Son of Nun:

* This high priest's name in Zechariah 6.

* When the children of Israel were baptized into the red sea, they would say "YAH..has become my salvation" (Ex. 15:2) and centuries later the Messiah would be named "Yahushua", meaning "Yahweh, He is salvation" and would save them upon baptism.

* Moshe renamed Hoshea (similar to Yeshua in meaning), Son of Nun to "Yahushua" and it was "Yahushua" who led the children of Israel into the promised land just as our Messiah will lead us into the eternal promised land.

* Yahushua said "I come in my Father's name" and the Father's name happens to be within "Yahushua".

* John the Baptist's relatives were expecting the parents to name him after HIS father (a rare custom). Could it be because Yahushua would be named after His Father?

* The Messiah said to baptize "in the name of the Father..." and they all baptized in a version of the Son's name "Yahushua" which contains the name of the Father.

* "Yahweh" is the commanded name for salvation (Joel 2:32) and we also find the Father's name in "Yahushua" which can be also called upon for salvation (Acts 4:12).

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
I believe "Yahshua" is an english contraction of "Yahushua". It is true that in Hebrew, this contraction does not exist. However, the shortening of "Yahu" to "Yah" is very common in Hebrew (although admittedly, not in prefixes).

Joshua is pronounced Yahushua in the original Hebrew and in this text we have the letters , that is Yod, He, Waw, Shin, Ayin in Hebrew. This is the same way it is found 194 times in the Hebrew Masoretic text all throughout scripture. This is important to know because there is a key thing said about this name in the next verse:

Incorrect. In Hebrew Joshua's name is pronounced Yehoshuah, not Yahushuah. Just as in the name Yeshua, the yod is accompanied by a sheva which demands that the first syllable be pronounced, "Yeh. Furthermore, the third letter letter, vav is accompanied by the vowel point holam which makes the vav a vowel instead of a consonant. Consequently, the vav simply makes the "O" (as in "over") sound. The first two syllables are correctly pronounced Yeh-ho, not Yah-hu. You are again, trying to push a corruption of the Hebrew language.

Concerning this name being shortened to "Yeshua" in the book of Ezra (in Aramaic),
Completely bogus. The name of Messiah has no connection to the Aramaic. I have already demonstrated that to you in another thread.

First, if Yeshua is merely a contraction of Yahushua..then we are removing all reference to Father Yahweh by doing so. Yeshua means "He will save" and Yahushua means "Yahweh, He is Salvation" or "Yahweh is salvation".

Second, regardless of what the Aramaic Ezra or Nehemiah does with the name of the High Priest, Zechariah prophesied in chapter 6 that the name of the Messiah would be "Yahushua", not "Yeshua". The forms hold 2 different meanings.

Third, it is evident that the Messiah came in His Father's name through the understanding the disciples had for baptism. When Yahushua said to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit..the disciples immediately baptized in the name "Yahushua" in Acts 2. Should not the Son have His Father's name? Again, I would be really careful about removing all reference to the Father when praying in, baptizing in and proclaiming the name of the Messiah.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

Are you saying that the name "Jesus" should not be used when refferring to the Lord?

I would say that you use what you understand. But there are a few things that you should atleast look at. Study to show thy approved, Kinda thing. Kinda like you should study things like passover and other setapart days because they have alot to teach us. Even if you do not believe in keeping them you should study them. Their are many reasons to study the true name of the FATHER.

Are you saying that the name "Jesus" should not be used when refferring to the Lord?

Yeshua is not a name, the prefix Ye did not exist prior to the adoption of the idea that the name of Yah was too sacred that it should not be uttered.

Greek Scrolls of the LXX has Yahweh transliterated into the Greek.

Those that hold to the Yeshua do so in order to validate the Greek Jesus as being a transliteration of the Hebrew Yeshua.

Yehoshua originally Yahoshua breaks down into the short form of Yahweh = Yah -- O is the possessive suffix that is added to Yah to become Yaho = Yah he is -- shua = salvation

Yahoshua = Yah he is salvation

Yahshua = Yah Salvation

Yaho is also shortened to Yo as in Yoshua

Yah in some scrolls is shorten to two yods ' '

At Ras Shram on the Syria coast north of Lebanon were found cuniform tablets recording official letters between officials at Ras Shram and officials in Israel during the time of the Kings. Hebrew was transliterated into the cuniform script and thus recorded that Nmaes began with YAH and not with YEH.

Yahoshabad instead of Yehohsabad

The El Armarna tablets found in Egypt that record official letters between officials in Egypt and officials in Israel also at the time of the Kings record Names as beginning with YAH instead of YEH

When Yaho/Yahu was a suffix to a proper name it was not changed as in Eliyahu. EL + (I-possessive) = ELI =my EL + YAH +(U-possessive) = Yahu = He is Yah

ELIYAHU = My EL he is YAH

Genesis 49:18 I have waited for Yahshua3444(thy salvation), Yahweh.

Incorrect. In Hebrew Joshua's name is pronounced Yehoshuah, not Yahushuah. Just as in the name Yeshua, the yod is accompanied by a sheva which demands that the first syllable be pronounced, "Yeh. Furthermore, the third letter letter, vav is accompanied by the vowel point holam which makes the vav a vowel instead of a consonant. Consequently, the vav simply makes the "O" (as in "over") sound. The first two syllables are correctly pronounced Yeh-ho, not Yah-hu. You are again, trying to push a corruption of the Hebrew language.

Concerning this name being shortened to "Yeshua" in the book of Ezra (in Aramaic),
Completely bogus. The name of Messiah has no connection to the Aramaic. I have already demonstrated that to you in another thread.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

God has no actual name....all the names are actually descriptions. Even "I AM" describes Him....to say that He has an actual name is to limit Him.

Guest shiloh357

OK Zildja, I am going to deal with you point for point.

First, if Yeshua is merely a contraction of Yahushua..then we are removing all reference to Father Yahweh by doing so. Yeshua means "He will save" and Yahushua means "Yahweh, He is Salvation" or "Yahweh is salvation".

Yeshua is a contraction of Yehoshuah, NOT Yahushuah. Yahushuah is not a Hebrew word, and there is not one person who knows Hebrew that would ever use such a word. It simply does not exist in the Hebrew language, and it never has. You are operating from incorrect premises regarding the Name of the Messiah, not to mention the name of Joshua in Hebrew.

Yahushuah is a word made up by the Sacred Name movement. The Sacred Name movement grew out of the Church of God 7th day. Using the name "Yahshuah" first began in the 1930s by two men, John Briggs and Paul Penn. Names like Yahshuah, and Yahushuah, and a host of other "Sacred Name" variations were invented to fit certain people's theology, but have absolutely no basis in Hebrew. No one who reads Hebrew or is conversant in it, uses those terms. One important characteristic of the Sacred Name movement is their insistence that unless one specifically calls upon the Yahweh, or Yahshuah, they cannot be saved. Most Sacred Namers do not read or know Hebrew but apparently feel qualified to tell everyone else how to pronounce God's Name, and the Name of the Messiah.

Second, regardless of what the Aramaic Ezra or Nehemiah does with the name of the High Priest, Zechariah prophesied in chapter 6 that the name of the Messiah would be "Yahushua", not "Yeshua". The forms hold 2 different meanings.
Actually, Zechariah 6 mentions Yehoshuah, the son of Josedech. It does not say anything about the name of the Messiah. However it does make the reference to Yeshua as ts'makh or, the "Branch." It is a common reference to the Messiah in Zec 3:8; Jer 23:5, Jer 33:15. Those are other places where ts'makh is used in reference to the Yeshua.

Nothing Zechariah 6 says anything about the Name of Messiah being named Yahushuah. You have no skill in Hebrew and are grossly deceived.

Third, it is evident that the Messiah came in His Father's name through the understanding the disciples had for baptism. When Yahushua said to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit..the disciples immediately baptized in the name "Yahushua" in Acts 2. Should not the Son have His Father's name? Again, I would be really careful about removing all reference to the Father when praying in, baptizing in and proclaiming the name of the Messiah.

None of that has anything to do with how the Name of the Messiah is pronounced. If we went strictly by your prescription, then every one who called on Jesus, is not saved. That is completely unacceptable, and is amounts to heresy. Yes, Yeshua came in His Father's Name, and He said so. But that does not mean that His Name must contain all or part of the Father's Name. That is a theological position for which you have no Scriptural support.

Guest shiloh357
Yeshua is not a name, the prefix Ye did not exist prior to the adoption of the idea that the name of Yah was too sacred that it should not be uttered.

Bogus. What was too sacred to pronounce was the Name YHVH. That is the ONLY word in Hebrew that is not pronounced.

Hebrew pronunciation has not changed in 5,000 years. King David from 3,000 years ago, or even Moses, could walk down the streets of modern Jerusalem and be perfectly understood.

At Ras Shram on the Syria coast north of Lebanon were found cuniform tablets recording official letters between officials at Ras Shram and officials in Israel during the time of the Kings. Hebrew was transliterated into the cuniform script and thus recorded that Nmaes began with YAH and not with YEH.

Yahoshabad instead of Yehohsabad

The El Armarna tablets found in Egypt that record official letters between officials in Egypt and officials in Israel also at the time of the Kings record Names as beginning with YAH instead of YEH

Yeah, right. The Mormons also have bogus archeological "discoveries" to back up their claims as well. Cuniform tablets prove nothing really. Names and words are often pronounced and spelled differently from one language to another. You also have to take dialect into account.

One can examine paleolithic Hebrew texts that date back to before the Days of King David, and find that the pronunciation has remained the same, and that your position has no basis is truth.

At any rate, your entire post #6 is a cut and paste from another website>>>Link I certainly hope you are the author of this, because plagiarism is a violation of this boards policy, and you gave no credit to another author. You had better not be caught posting things that belong to someone else. Doesn't make you a very good follower of "Yahshuah," does it?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

Here are some scriptures that show the "Branch" to be the future Messiah

I like "BRANCH".

:noidea:

Peace.