IGNORED

"Yahu" to "Yah"

Zildja

I have a Mexican friend named Juan whom I would never think of calling "John"

But the hebrew word "yeshua" carries much more meaning than any of the translated versions.

It means "salvation (now)"

I like that! :24:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
Thanks shiloh. I learned the elementary principles of all this a few years ago when I was saved and I have to say I was personally disheartened to learn that I had not been giving Yeshua his proper name. I was told however that both Yeshua and Yahshuah were variants of the same name and both pronounced the same and equally valid (like Jonathan and Johnathon). All things being equal, I just want to be able to call my saviour by his given name in full confidence. As much as I agree with you and others that "Jesus" is not the work of conspiracy, nevertheless I'd prefer not to use it myself, sinceI would like to think that in 2000 years time, people will still still refer to me as "NewPilgrim" and not a distant translation of it. I simply wish to afford my saviour the same consideration.

Amen, brother!! :24: I totally know what you mean. I personally use both Yeshua and Jesus interchanbeably, but it is cool that you choose to use Yeshua!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

So you are telling me what I can and can not post here, kinda of a dictatorship. Yea I understand. And that is about all I need to Understand about you.

There are rules on this board about what can and cannot be posted. You are posting false doctrine and heresy. You are teaching something that does not reflect the true New Testament faith brought to us by the Messiah. You seem to imply that calling on any other name of the Messiah (such as Yeshua, Jesus) other than "Yahushuah" will not bring salvation. You have perverted the Name of the Messiah, I will not allow you to go unchallenged.

You have already had one thread deleted, and the others will probably be deleted as well. This is a ministry, not place for anyone just spout off whatever wacky doctrine they subscribe to.

You are welcome here so long as you abide by the rules of the board. I would suggest that you drop this silly Yahshuah stuff, and find things to talk about that are less likely to breed strife. You are not going to convince anyone, anyway. So it is waste of time to teach that nonsense, here.

This was an awesome post, shiloh. I wish that this was listed in part of the board rules (if it isn't already). It seems we go through cycles when new people join the board and want to "enlighten" or indoctrinate all of us into some strange belief. What's scary is, there are some who are much more subtle than the orginal poster here. It's one thing when a person admits they are an atheist, agnostic, gnostic, undediced or whatever. But when they come on claiming to be believers (or pretending to be) and then start posting things that are unbiblical...it's easy for a new believer or young believer to get confused by them. In fact, recently there was a new person who joined (i'll leave off their name) who's initial posts to a young believer sounded like they were very "new age". But when this person was asked about his beliefs, he became somewhat belligerant and has refused to answer questions directly regarding his beliefs. To me, this is highly suspicious. Why wouldn't a person want to be upfront about their beliefs?

We all need to look out for one another and be alert to heresies. I, for one, sincerely appreciate those who are wiser and more educated regarding certain philosophies and doctrines....and I am VERY grateful when I see them stand for truth to protect the rest of us from being sucked in to these dangerous beliefs. I learn so much from you, thank you so much!

~ Tess

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

As much as I agree with you and others that "Jesus" is not the work of conspiracy, nevertheless I'd prefer not to use it myself, sinceI would like to think that in 2000 years time, people will still still refer to me as "NewPilgrim" and not a distant translation of it. I simply wish to afford my saviour the same consideration.

That's one thing that's bothering me. It seems strange to break an old habit, from my end.

But then, if I tell my friends about "Yeshua" then I have to explain to them what I mean by "Yeshua" and why I use that name rather than "Jesus"....

Guest NewPilgrim

Indeed nebula, and why ring in the changes if it requires a little effort eh?

I'm not goin to force my preference down anyones throat, Yeshua knows we are referring to him when we call him Jesus, I just feel personally that its more respectful to use his given name and if I have to explain that to others....oh my gosh, they might learn something :thumbsup:

Tradition isnt always a bad thing to break (see animal sacrifice)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

I usually steer clear of these as I must admit I don't know enough on the subject to discuss it. From what I can tell it is the OP's intention to lead people into heresy and legalism by saying that somehow my Savior isn't smart enough to know that He is being addressed. Seems to me like the old argument of someone saying we're actually calling on Zeus when we say Jesus. Zildja is here to do nothing but post heresy and the sooner he/she is off the boards, the better it will be.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I said nothing like this and left this topic alone because you saw me as a heretic for using YAHSHUA.

(((Seems to me like the old argument of someone saying we're actually calling on Zeus when we say Jesus.)))

(((Zildja is here to do nothing but post heresy and the sooner he/she is off the boards, the better it will be.)))

Wow!!! Everything I have posted is Heresy? Because I said the FATHER's name YAH should be included in the Messiah name.

YAH is Salvation. I truly do not understand the Heresy in that. He is Salvation, Yah is Salvation is there that much of a diffrence that I am a Heretic, because I believe YAH is Salvation. I did not tell you you can not Use Jesus, Or lord or God. I just Do not use them. In fact most of the time I use Messiah.

I usually steer clear of these as I must admit I don't know enough on the subject to discuss it. From what I can tell it is the OP's intention to lead people into heresy and legalism by saying that somehow my Savior isn't smart enough to know that He is being addressed. Seems to me like the old argument of someone saying we're actually calling on Zeus when we say Jesus. Zildja is here to do nothing but post heresy and the sooner he/she is off the boards, the better it will be.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Indeed nebula, and why ring in the changes if it requires a little effort eh?

I'm not arguing with you. In fact, I find it great that you are able to do so!

I was simply expressing problems I struggle with in this area.