Zildja

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

He is our example, and not a liar. He is the way, the truth, and the life.

1Jo 2:6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk even as He walked.

1Pe 2:21 For you were not called to this? For Messiah also suffered on our behalf, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps,

Psa 85:13Righteousness shall go before Him and shall set us in the way of His steps.

Joh 13:15 For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:cool: Zildja -

I don't know if you realize this, but when you post like this, we readers bounce our eyes between the title of the thread and the Scriptures and think, "What is the point you are trying to make with this?"

I know to you it all makes perfect sense, but please understand we are not mind readers, and the connection you are making between the title and the Scriptures isn't always so blatently obvious.

Would you please clarify what point it is you are trying to express specifically?

Thanks!

The way we are to Keep the Laws of the FATHER is the same as the Way the Messiah Kept them. What did you have a hard time understanding. Unless you do not believe this I made it clear.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Zildja -

There's no reason to get snippy. :cool:

I was trying to be nice in how I asked my question.

Guest Logos Believer
He is our example, and not a liar. He is the way, the truth, and the life.

1Jo 2:6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk even as He walked.

1Pe 2:21 For you were not called to this? For Messiah also suffered on our behalf, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps,

Psa 85:13Righteousness shall go before Him and shall set us in the way of His steps.

Joh 13:15 For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.

Ah, so do we have another one who ignores the fact that the old covenant is obsolete (Heb 8:13), that Jesus brought a better promise (Heb 8:6), that Jesus priesthood is superior to the Levitical one (also Heb 8:6), that Jesus HIMSELF declared all foods clean (Mark 7:18,19) and that Jesus himself took serious issue with the way the Priests interpreted and practice the Sabbath laws. Not even beginning to get into all the scriptures in Acts, and ALL the writings of Paul declaring the OLD Covenant fulfilled and ended at the Cross, to be replaced by a new law, the Law of Love? I certainly hope not. Be a shame to waste space debating that part of the Old Covenant somehow still exists. Especially since Paul makes it clear that to put yourself under any part of the Old Covenant puts you under ALL of the old and makes the New of none effect for you. (though, sadly, I can't recall off the top of my head that particular scripture and don't have time to search for it right now)

Oy

so much error in the OP and in that last response that I don't know where to begin.

:24:

The New Covenant is a fullment of the promise given to Israel in jeremiah 31:31 where the Law will be written on our hearts.

Is that obsolete at the point it begins? Of course not....

Yeshua said, "If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?" John 5:46-47

Are we bound to ordinances given to a specific people for the purpose of forming a Theocracy 3,500 years ago? No...but the law is not made void either.

The truth is somewhere in between these 2 extremes.

Yod I would have to agree with you at that point. As I stated the Messiah is our example, If he kept the Law then we should study it see how he kept it and apply it to our life. Simply put if you can show me that the messiah ate pork or anything unclean then so will I, But I can not find that in scripture.

If the messiah broke sabbath then I would say that it is OK for me to break Sabbath.

On the other hand If you can show me that the Messiah did a sacrifice, then I would lean toward sacrifices for me also.

But we know that the Messiah had no need to sacrifice, and that he is our sacrifice.

As I stated YAHSHUA is our example. I do not care what any other man has done.

I only look at what the Messiah has and has not done and how he did it.

But you can also not show me where any of the Disciples broke sabbath or ate unclean food.

Because it is not in scripture. Even if they did the Messiah is my example for what is right and what is wrong not Man.

Do you agree with this Yod?

If not why not?

quote name='yod' date='Mar 13 2006, 04:33 PM' post='529935']

Oy

so much error in the OP and in that last response that I don't know where to begin.

:noidea:

The New Covenant is a fullment of the promise given to Israel in jeremiah 31:31 where the Law will be written on our hearts.

Is that obsolete at the point it begins? Of course not....

Are we bound to ordinances given to a specific people 3,500 years ago? No

The truth is somewhere in between.

Sorry Nebula I did not mean to sound snippy, I was explaining what you ask. and the only reason i saw that you did not see this in my first post is if you did not believe what I said.

Zildja -

There's no reason to get snippy. :noidea:

I was trying to be nice in how I asked my question.

As I stated YAHSHUA is our example. I do not care what any other man has done.

who is this Yahshua person you keep referring to? :noidea:

But you can also not show me where any of the Disciples broke sabbath or ate unclean food.

Because it is not in scripture. Even if they did the Messiah is my example for what is right and what is wrong not Man.

Do you agree with this Yod?

If not why not?

I do not.

Why? Because the torah was not given to the nations. It is a special covenant given to Israel. Should we observe it's wisdom? There is no greater wisdom than God's instruction but this was the Great Controversy of the original congregation of Jerusalem and the big question was whether the gentiles should be commanded to keep the Law of Moses and the decision was an emphatic "NO"

The torah was read every Shabbat in the assembly and they decided that it was up to the Holy Spirit to convict each person at their own pace because God had declared them "clean" apart from any righteousness of the Law.

It would do us all well to understand the letter of the Law so we can understand the Spirit of the Law. It is a hellenistic theological mistake to ignore 2/3rds of scripture and make the very foundation of our faith void. The very scriptures which were supposed to be read every week are ignored.

Yet to impose the Law on others is going past what the original congregation decided in Acts 15 so I can not disagree with them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Simply put if you can show me that the messiah ate pork or anything unclean then so will I, But I can not find that in scripture.

1Cor 10:25Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience, 26for, "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it."