God spoke to me and said; "Take charge before I have to take back

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hey everyone, I'm a first time poster, and I'm just in the infancy of my walk with God. I definitely need some prayer and guidance on something, and I'll start right from the beginning, this has been an on going issue since January, note the names are changed to protect the innocent. All right, so in January, right after I got baptised, I was praying and I said; "God, I love You, and Your son Jesus Christ, and I want to do Your will. Will You speak to me, Jesus? Will you talk to me?" And the Lord spoke to me and said; "A friend will speak of a woman to you, she is My will for you." So, I did what the Bible says Mary did and pondered it all in my heart. About two weeks later, my friend Jim came over to my apartment and we were hanging out, eating pizza, playing video games and just talking and he said to me; "Hey, I think you should go out with Jennifer." And I said; "Who?" And he said; "Jennifer." And then he described her and I said; "Oh yeah, I know who you are talking about. But, man, I haven't been in church for a year yet." It is a requirement at my church that before you can date a member, you need to be in the church and walking with God for at least one year. And he said; "Yeah, I know...I can talk to her for you." And I said; "Well, I'd prefer to pray about it." Anyway, he started talking to her and he's like; "Hey bro, it's going good, it's going good." And I just kept laying it down at the Master's feet. About a month and a half ago, my friend Tim was at my apartment, and he was talking to his girlfriend Sally (Jennifer's best friend) on his cell phone and he said; "Sally wants to talk to you."

So, I talked with Sally and she said; "Do you like Jennifer?" And I said; "Well...yeah...but, I haven't been in the church for a year." She said; "I have been praying and I think it is God's will for you and Jennifer to be married." And I said; "Uhhh...ok." And then I laid it down on the altar again. That next week, another person came up to me and said; "There is something you have been praying about that you need to talk to the pastor about." And I knew what she was talking about. So, I called him up and I said; "Pastor...I need to talk to you, and I know you are busy and all, but, would you have a few moments to speak to me today?" And he said; "Sure, Brother, I have a few minutes this afternoon." So, I went down to the church and I recounted the entire thing to my pastor, and he had this twinkle in his eyes and there was this tone of voice that he was speaking directly through the Holy Ghost and he kind of beat around the bush a little bit, but he said to pray about it and it would all be made clearer to me in a few days. So, I laid it down again. The following Monday, I was over at the church and I was talking with this guy, Alex, his wife is in charge of a youth program, which Jennifer happens to be a member of and we just started talking and he said; "I know it might be a bit in the future, but, I feel like Jennifer is God's will for you, my brother from another mother." And I said; "Would you pray about that with me?" And I laid it down again. That Sunday, God spoke to me in the morning service and said; "Talk to her father about your feelings." So I did, and he said; "What did the pastor say?" And I told him and he said; "Ok. If you still feel that way in a year, I give it my blessing."

So basically ever since, I've just been praying about it, and on Monday, as I was praying, God spoke to me. He said that someone close to me in the church was going to do everything that they could to try and destroy the promise that He had given to me. Yesterday afternoon, Tim called me and said; "I talked with Sally today, and Jennifer is really upset." And I said; "What's going on?" And he said; "Jim has been constantly talking to her about you. Sally thinks she is starting to get a little uneasy about you." And I said; "I had a feeling that something was going on. Tim, I want you to pray about it with me. I'm going to be fasting from tonight until Friday night about it." Last night, I talked with Jim and I said; "Jim...you need to back off of Jennifer. She's starting to get upset, if this is God's will, which I think it is, I need to figure this out on my own with the help of the Lord." He didn't say too much, so I spent the majority of the day praying about it. God spoke to me and said; "You need to take charge of this situation immediately. I can't pick up the pieces from a broken promise and make it work out like I had planned. Talk to someone about it." So I just started pleading the blood of Christ on the situation, and after church tonight I talked to Alek. I basically told him what was going on, and said that I had been praying about it and he said; "Brother, you gotta take charge and stop this immediately. There is no need of them eging her on, she doesn't need it, and they should know better anyway, they've been in the church all their lives. And you and I both know you aren't ready for a relationship. You're a great guy, and she's a wonderful young lady, and I think that if you want this as badly as I think you do, you gotta get a higher authority in the church involved, talk to the pastor about it." And I said; "Alek, he's out of the country until next Friday, it could blow up in my face by then." He said; "Good point, talk to his wife about it, she'll set you straight."

So, I went and I talked to her and I related to her pretty much the whole story and she said; "Brother...how old are you?" And I said; "21." And she said; "She's only 17. You need to wait until you are out of college and have a good job before you consider anything with her...and if the Lord is involved with it, He'll make it right. And you tell Jim to stop talking to her about you. She's too young for a relationship anyway. And if you hear any more talk about it, you come to me and I'll set him straight." So, I prayed a bit more about it tonight, and, I dunno, I just feel like I need all the prayer I can get.

I think my pastor's wife is right that it really isn't any of Jim's business, but, the problem with Jim right now is that he is backslidden, but still coming to church because he lives with his mother. He constantly disobeys pastoral guidelines on everything from dating (he broke those rules so many times I can't even begin to count it), he lies, particularly about several of the conversations he has had with Jennifer, and he listens to music that we aren't supposed to listen to (like DC Talk), and has a very worldly attitude towards everything. Several weeks ago after a youth service, a group of us decided to go to a local restuarant, Jim showed up late, walked in wearing a baseball cap sideways on his head that said; "Defy", and was extremely ignorant to everyone. It got to the point where the only person at the table not mad at him was me, and I said; "Why don't we all...just change the topic...you know...that was a really good sermon tonight, it really spoke out to me." Things were fine, and then someone asked his girlfriend a question and then Jim and his girlfriend got up and left.

There is a part of me that wants to go up to Jennifer and tell her that I have told Jim to back off and let God's will work things out, and then there is another part of me that just wants to continue on like nothing has happened and try and build a strong friendship with Jennifer. I mean right now, we've had...four, maybe five conversations, and I'll admit each time we spoke, she couldn't help but grin like an idiot, I dunno. What should I do other than pray?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

Hey Apostolic man,

First, I think I should ask if you are saying that God spoke to you in audible voice??

As for our friend Jim, he probably should stop as it might not be his place to do so...

As for anything other than prayer... Seek God's Word...

It seems taht you have been doing a considerable amount of prayer and it is a great encouragement to know that you are praying so much...

I am still a little unsure about what is going on(only because I am me and it si 12 at night :) ).. but.. I hoep this helps some

With love in Christ Jesus,

Crystal

Hey Apostolic man,

First, I think I should ask if you are saying that God spoke to you in audible voice??

As for our friend Jim, he probably should stop as it might not be his place to do so...

As for anything other than prayer... Seek God's Word...

It seems taht you have been doing a considerable amount of prayer and it is a great encouragement to know that you are praying so much...

I am still a little unsure about what is going on(only because I am me and it si 12 at night :) ).. but.. I hoep this helps some

With love in Christ Jesus,

Crystal

When I say that God speaks to me, I mean that certain courses of action are impressed upon me until I act upon them.

As for clarification of what is going on....God has promised me that a relationship leading to marriage with Jennifer is His will for my life. Jim is trying to do everything that he can to ruin the Lord's promise, and the Lord has impressed upon me that if I don't step up to the plate and take charge of the situation, the Lord will have no choice but to take it back. And I guess I wouldn't mind some advice on how to proceed with Jennifer.

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

ok Apostalic, thankyou. However, I am going to have to back out on the advice with this one.. I sincerly do not know what to say or even what I woudl do... I will defintily be praying :) Please remember, the bible says "Fear thou not for I am with thee; be not dismayed for I am thy God; yea, I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the rigth hand of my righteousness." Isaiah 41:10

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

God spoke to me and said; "You need to take charge of this situation immediately. I can't pick up the pieces from a broken promise and make it work out like I had planned. Talk to someone about it."

Just a comment on this. God can do anything. God can take those pieces and work things out to His glory regardless. Nothing man or the devil can do can stop His will.

She is 17, you are older. Maybe it is His will for you to be together, but dont scare her lol. Your friend was definitely in the wrong. I think you should have your pastor mediate this relationship, since the church takes such an active role in courtship. Pray for her though in the meantime, that He keeps her safe.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  340
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Apostolicman,

I am glad to see that you want to be in God's will in this matter, and that you are in prayer about it.

I have made an observation, though, from your first post, that has me concerned.

It's this: In the entire post, which is several lengthy paragraphs, I dont see any mention of what Jennifer's thoughts might be. I see your mutual friends appearing to be steering you into a relationship. Even her father seems to have by-passed her in the decision.

Now, maybe this is a girl God would approve for you, but it's not up to your friends or families to say so... the final word is the Lord's.

So I would advise you to take it very slow and easy. If anything develops between you and her, it should first be a good friendship. Get to know one another on different levels....not dating.... but association-- church functions, friendly gatherings (6 or more people but not necessarily 'couples'). Hey...it might turn out that you have nothing in common except your love for the Lord. And while this is probably the most important issue...it cannot be the only one.

It could be that she isnt the one at all. But she might be the agent God chose to bring someone else into your life.

Tell your friends that you appreciate their efforts, but that you'd really like to wait quietly on the Lord. He will not disappoint you, and we know His timing is perfect. (Don't forget what happened when Sarah took matters in her own hands instead of trusting God for His promise.)

Apostolicman,

I am glad to see that you want to be in God's will in this matter, and that you are in prayer about it.

I have made an observation, though, from your first post, that has me concerned.

It's this: In the entire post, which is several lengthy paragraphs, I dont see any mention of what Jennifer's thoughts might be. I see your mutual friends appearing to be steering you into a relationship. Even her father seems to have by-passed her in the decision.

Now, maybe this is a girl God would approve for you, but it's not up to your friends or families to say so... the final word is the Lord's.

So I would advise you to take it very slow and easy. If anything develops between you and her, it should first be a good friendship. Get to know one another on different levels....not dating.... but association-- church functions, friendly gatherings (6 or more people but not necessarily 'couples'). Hey...it might turn out that you have nothing in common except your love for the Lord. And while this is probably the most important issue...it cannot be the only one.

It could be that she isnt the one at all. But she might be the agent God chose to bring someone else into your life.

Tell your friends that you appreciate their efforts, but that you'd really like to wait quietly on the Lord. He will not disappoint you, and we know His timing is perfect. (Don't forget what happened when Sarah took matters in her own hands instead of trusting God for His promise.)

Well, the thing is though is that her family is extremly close knit, and there have been things I have spoken to her Dad about it, and I know that if it something that has not been discussed by he and his wife he will say; "Well, let me talk to my wife about it" or, "Gee, I dunno, I should probably pray about that." So, I know that it has been discussed...and as far as her thoughts on it are...she has flat out said; "We need to wait until you have been in church for a year." So, I dunno...I just keep praying about it and praying about it. The more I pray and get closer to God on it, the more I know it is His will. Something similar had happened late last year and I prayed about it and a group in my charge prayed about it, and we knew within a few days; "Not God's will." But the more we pray about this, the more doors He opens up and says; "This is my will." One thing I do know is that every time I talk to her, she can't help but grin like an idiot after she talks to me.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Keep praying, and wait on God's timing. Don't rush anything. Yup, it might take years. Yup, that's gonna be hard. But don't shrink back from a thing that may teach you patience (which, I believe, can only be learned the hard way). If it's God's will for it to happen, it WILL.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

I know how hard it is to wait at times - we humans sure are impatient creatures! But beleive me, when we wait God brings such blessings upon us. For now, build a good friendship, wait until she gets older...and above all things, take it easy. Even if you know you're going to marry her, don't get super serious on her or you might scare her away. Just get to know her and let God work His will. I'll pray for you ;)

Good luck brother :)

I know how hard it is to wait at times - we humans sure are impatient creatures! But beleive me, when we wait God brings such blessings upon us. For now, build a good friendship, wait until she gets older...and above all things, take it easy. Even if you know you're going to marry her, don't get super serious on her or you might scare her away. Just get to know her and let God work His will. I'll pray for you :blink:

Good luck brother :P

Thanks my brother from another mother. Well, I managed to take charge of the situation, and I talked with the pastor's wife again and she said; "Lay it down on the altar, Brother." So, I laid it down on the altar tonight at our prayer service, and it hurt so much. I could just feel God moving over me, like this is His will, and He needs to take it and hold on to it until it is time. I was praying and I said; "God, I give this situation with Jennifer to you, Oh Lord. Lord, I know that if this is of You, it needs to die before it can be resurrected." And I gave it to Him, and I broke down on the altar and wept. It just...ugh....you know? There were things in the past that I thought were from Him that I laid down for Him to take back, and I never had this feeling before. I wonder if this really could be of the Lord and now He just needs to take it back and work with it until it is time....