yomotalking

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I think the best friend Judaism ever had was the evangelical Christian, speaking as a Jew. I wouldn't know the Lord today had it not been for one who spent time with me.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I watched a story about the crusades on the History Chanel. The so called "Christians" slaughtered the Muslims and the Jews that were with them. It wasn't just the Muslims.

The History Channel has an anti-Christian bias.

The entire purpose of the first 4 Crussades was to open the Holy Land, and to stop the slaughter of Christians there, by the Muslims. They could've cared less about the Jews in the Holy Land, because they were powerless and already being driven out by the Muslims.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

As much as I'm sorry things like the crusades and the Inquisition happened, I have to wonder...how long can we keep beating ourselves up over these things? And how long will people keep using them as an excuse to hate Christians? These things happened a long time ago, and there's nothing any of us can do about it today but remember it and do better.

*sigh* I dunno...I'm just rambling I guess...

Guest shiloh357

The Jews don't hate Christians because of the Crussades. The Crussades were against Muslims in the Holy Land.

Jews don't hate Christians, but have learned to be concerned about issues Christains promote in world politics. After all, they suffered centuries of persecution by Christians.

I watched a story about the crusades on the History Chanel. The so called "Christians" slaughtered the Muslims and the Jews that were with them. It wasn't just the Muslims.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  429
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

The crusaders had as little regard for Jews as they did Muslims. Jews were hearded into synagogues and burned alive. Rabbis were tied to stakes and had their Torah scrolls wrapped around them and set on fire.

Guest shiloh357

The crusaders had as little regard for Jews as they did Muslims. Jews were hearded into synagogues and burned alive. Rabbis were tied to stakes and had their Torah scrolls wrapped around them and set on fire.

No they didn't.

Uh... Yeah they did. The crusaders were extremely cruel.

The "church" blamed the Jews for the black plague, and stood by in silent approval during the pogroms and the Holocaust.

The Church's silence during the holocaust was because the Church was hiding Jews in Monestaries and Convents.

Not hardly.

Stop listening to anti-Catholic preachers and start reading what Jewish Historians and those who were saved by the Church, are saying.
Actually most of my information comes from Jewish historians. One of them is Dr. Michael Brown. He is a Messianic Jew and has written a book called, "Our Hands are Stained with Blood." He documents how the "church" has historically been the worst enemy the Jews have ever had.

As for Jews being hid by the "church?" Those who do not get our history out of box of Cracker Jacks know that only about 5,000 Christians of various denominations did anything significant for the Jewish people.

As for PiusXII, yes did shelter Jews, but it was toward the end of the Holocaust. The Catholic "church" in Europe did little for the Jews until it was clear that the allies were going to win the war. The Catholic "church" has a lot more to answer for than its relative indifference during the Holocaust.

Just because a guy is a Rabbi, does not mean he is right. Being a Rabbi does not add any weight or authority to his remarks. Rabbis can be as historically falacious as anyone else.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

You know folks, these contests over who persecuted the most people in the past really do not solve anything. All they do is stir up hurt and anger. Could we do our best to stay out of these kinds of contests?

Over the course of that afternoon, evening and next morning, the crusaders murdered almost every inhabitant of Jerusalem. Muslims, Jews, and even eastern Christians were all massacred.

Wikipedia

On a popular level, the first crusades unleashed a wave of impassioned, personally felt pious fury that was expressed in the massacres of Jews that accompanied the movement of mobs through Europe, as well as the violent treatment of "schismatic" Orthodox Christians of the east.

Wikipedia

Guest shiloh357
You know folks, these contests over who persecuted the most people in the past really do not solve anything. All they do is stir up hurt and anger. Could we do our best to stay out of these kinds of contests?

Respectfully, this is not a contest. The OP wanted to know why the Jewish people resent Christianity. The track record down through history between the institutional church and the Jewish people is well documented. Some people don't want to face facts. Jewish people are rejecting Christ because of Christians, or those who called themselves Christians. Some would fancy that it is Jesus they find offensive, but that is not necessarily so.

Christians who are not aware, believe that it is just the crusades or some ancient grudge, and it isn't. The indifference that some Christians display only reinforces Jewish rejection of the gospel. I can tell you from personal experience, that anti-Semitism is alive and well in Christendom.

The Crusades.

Main article: History of the Jews and the Crusades

The trials which the Jews endured from time to time in the different kingdoms of the Christian West were only indications of the catastrophe which broke over them at the time of the Crusades. A wild, unrestrained throng, for which the crusade was only an excuse to indulge its rapacity, fell upon the peaceful Jews and sacrificed them to its fanaticism. In the First Crusade (1096) flourishing communities on the Rhine and the Danube were utterly destroyed; see German Crusade, 1096. In the Second Crusade (1147) the Jews in France suffered especially. Philip Augustus treated them with exceptional severity. In his days the Third Crusade took place (1188); and the preparations for it proved to be momentous for the English Jews. After unspeakable trials, Jews were banished from England in 1290; and 365 years passed before they were allowed to settle again in the British Isles (see History of the Jews in England). The Jews were also subjected to attacks by the Shepherds' Crusades of 1251 and 1320.

Persecution and Blood libel

The justification for these deeds was found in crimes laid to the charge of the Jews. They were held responsible for the crime imputed to them a thousand years before this; and the false charge was circulated that they wished to dishonor the host which was supposed to represent Jesus' body. They were further charged with being the cause of every calamity. In 1240 the plundering raids of the Mongols were laid at their door. When, a hundred years later, the Black Death raged through Europe, the tale was invented that the Jews had poisoned the wells. The only court of appeal that regarded itself as their appointed protector, according to historical conceptions, was the "Roman emperor of the German nation." The emperor, as legal successor to Titus, who had acquired the Jews for his special property through the destruction of the Temple, claimed the rights of possession and protection over all the Jews in the former Roman empire.

They thus became imperial "servi camer