• Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/05/1967

I must add that my friend is not a jew.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
I am considered a pagan heathen for keeping my liberties ,Sunday worship, celebrating Christs birth, ressurection day ect

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I am considered a pagan heathen for keeping my liberties ,Sunday worship, celebrating Christs birth, ressurection day ect
Considered pagan by who?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

The friend that I talk to every day who is not a jew but insists that we gentiles are to become jews because God is a jew and by not keeping the law of Moses we gentiles are sinning willfully.She says that we must keep The sabbath,holy days all of them,kosher, circumsice on the eight day and all 613 commandments in the Torah and prophets .But not for salvation..??She also is very angry about the days we honor God with. She insists the Jesus only came to get rid of the sacrifices and nothing more ,church means synogouge, calling Messiah Jesus is pagan,the Lord's supper is passover and only to be done once a year and only according to the Hebrew calender passover ect....She rarely speaks about the Holy Spirit..I wish I could help her

Guest shiloh357
The friend that I talk to every day who is not a jew but insists that we gentiles are to become jews because God is a jew and by not keeping the law of Moses we gentiles are sinning willfully.She says that we must keep The sabbath,holy days all of them,kosher, circumsice on the eight day and all 613 commandments in the Torah and prophets .But not for salvation..??She also is very angry about the days we honor God with. She insists the Jesus only came to get rid of the sacrifices and nothing more ,church means synogouge, calling Messiah Jesus is pagan,the Lord's supper is passover and only to be done once a year and only according to the Hebrew calender passover ect....She rarely speaks about the Holy Spirit..I wish I could help her

In Genenis 12 The promise was given to Abram (not yet Abraham) who was uncircumsised and he was not a jew he was a pagan.If he were a jew then Ismael and all his decendants would be jews also and they are not..It was not until chapter 25 that Jacob was born chapter 32:28 Jacob renamed Israel.All these things including the promises were given and recieved before the law was given to the tribes of Israel.

Jesus fullfilled those promises by His blood

Guest shiloh357
In Genenis 12 The promise was given to Abram (not yet Abraham) who was uncircumsised and he was not a jew he was a pagan.If he were a jew then Ismael and all his decendants would be jews also and they are not..It was not until chapter 25 that Jacob was born chapter 32:28 Jacob renamed Israel.All these things including the promises were given and recieved before the law was given to the tribes of Israel.

Jesus fullfilled those promises by His blood

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

I think the next logical question to further the conversation is not is it a sin to keep the restrictions of the old law, but is it immaturity? I'm not talking about traditions that are aids to worship, but a sense that I must do this in order to worship. In other words, I can't worship unless I ...........

Edited by David from New Bern

I think it's unbelief but that doesn't mean that God through the holy Spirit won't reveal this mystery to your friend.When I became saved I was baptized and read the Bible every day then one night at our Bible study the pastor said that Jesus was God. To my horror I thought that I would have to leave the church that I enjoyed(It's not easy to find a true one now a days). Anyways I went home and searched those scriptures and low and behold My God revieled Himself to me. It still took me over three months to feel comfortable and safe to worship Jesus.

I still remember the joy I felt the first time I read and understood exactly what it was saying.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I think the next logical question to further the conversation is not is it a sin to keep the restrictions of the old law, but is it immaturity? I'm not talking about traditions that are aids to worship, but a sense that I must do this in order to worship. In other words, I can't worship unless I ...........

I think that if someone feels the have to keep the law it is a sign of not understanding grace. So yes.......immaturity in the faith.

When someone wants to follow the law it can be for numerous reasons.

1) They don't understand grace.

2) They see it as a sort of reverence and in that case, it's a personal decision.

3) It's a fad. Now don't laugh at me but I honestly believe that some that follow Jewish customs or OT laws do so to bring attention to themselves. The motivation is to be different or somehow appear "closer" to Christ.