MK202002

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Well, eternal, of course. But his life on earth, how long was it? I've heard 33, but I have yet to find it in the bible. Where do we get that?

Guest LadyC

GREAT QUESTION!!!! sure got my attention! so i googled it... this is what i found, for what that's worth. it does come from carm.org which seems to be pretty reliable.

http://www.carm.org/questions/Jesus_age.htm

How old was Jesus when He was crucified?

We do not know for sure the exact age of Jesus when He was crucified, but He was probably 33 years old. Here is the argument.

Jesus was baptized. But the reason He was baptized was to "fulfill all righteousness," (Matt. 3:15). He had to fulfill the legal requirements for entering into the priesthood after the order of Melchizedek (Psalm 110:4; Heb. 5:8-10; 6:20). Priests offered sacrifice to God on behalf of the people. Jesus became a sacrifice for our sin (1 Pet. 2:24; 2 Cor. 5:21) in His role as priest.

To be consecrated as a priest, Jesus had to be: 1) washed with water - baptism - (Lev. 8:6; Exodus 29:4, Matt. 3:16). 2) Anointed with oil - the Holy Spirit - (Lev. 8:12; Exodus 29:7; Matt. 3:16). Additionally, He may have needed to be 30 years old, Num. 4:3, "from thirty years and upward, even to fifty years old, all who enter the service to do the work in the tent of meeting."

Therefore we can conclude that Jesus began His earthly ministry at the age of 30. Since it went on for 3 1/2 years before Jesus was crucified, it is safe to say that He was 33 at the time of His death.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,115
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Jesus was born on September 11, 3 BC

He died in April, 33 AD

I have this in my notes, but don't remember where it all comes from. The birth has to do with star placements in the book of Revelation and the day that Mary took Jesus to the temple when He was 40 days old and some woman had been in the temple praying all night.

The death has to do with what day of the week the dates fall on and a lot of history of the time.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings,

I agree with LadyC's finding on this one. Thank you LadyC for your research.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Jesus was born on September 11, 3 BC

He died in April, 33 AD

I have this in my notes, but don't remember where it all comes from. The birth has to do with star placements in the book of Revelation and the day that Mary took Jesus to the temple when He was 40 days old and some woman had been in the temple praying all night.

The death has to do with what day of the week the dates fall on and a lot of history of the time.

SEPTEMBER 11????!!!!

:blink:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/27/1971

Ready for this?

Rabbi Yohannan Balack is the culprit, but I can not disagree with him. So blame him... here it goes.

Open you Bibles to the Gospel of John. It is out of the book Yeshua is seen to go for 3 1/2 years. But there is a mistake. If you are not studied in Law you won't find it.

Joh 6:1-5 After these things, Jesus went away over the Sea of Galilee, the Tiberian Sea. (2) And a great crowd followed Him, for they saw His miraculous signs which He did on the sick ones. (3) And Jesus went up into the mountain and sat there with His disciples. (4) And the Passover was near, the feast of the Jews. (5) Then Jesus lifting up His eyes and seeing that a great crowd is coming to Him, He said to Philip, From where may we buy loaves that these may eat?

Joh 6:16-17 And when it became evening, His disciples went down on the sea. (17) And entering into the boat, they were going across the sea to Capernaum. And darkness had already occurred, and Jesus had not come to them.

Joh 7:1-2 And after these things Jesus was walking in Galilee; for He did not desire to walk in Judea, because the Jews were lusting to kill Him. (2) And the Jewish Feast of the Tabernacles was near.

Now you'll have to read Chapter 6 and 7 to understand that there is NO WAY Yeshua whom followed the law would have NOT gone to Jerusalem. Then chapter 7 states the feast of Tabernacles. Thats 7 months later! But chapter 7 starts with "And after these things..." Now in John 5:1 "After these things, there was a feast of the Jews, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem." talks about an unnamed feast.

And moving ahead to John 10:22 "And the Feast of Dedication took place in Jerusalem, and it was winter. " We see Yeshua at Hanakha, which isn't even a Law Feast, but a dedication.

Everything up to chapter 6 is in order, but then we lose about 1 or 2 years between Chapter 6 and 7 OR that festival could have been the Day of Atonement (Yom Kipper) and Chapter 5 unnamed feast could have been Rosh Hashanah. If this is the case, then John actually flows very well and dates Yeshua's Ministry starting prior to Passover, and ending a little over on Year at his last Passover.

Why is this important?

Prophecy!

Exo 12:5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year; ye shall take it from the sheep, or from the goats;

Yeshua the Passover Lamb, male of the first year, without blemish.

K.L.

Guest shiloh357

The attempt to make Yeshua's ministry last only one year is faulty. We know when His ministry began because of the Haftarah portion He read in Luke 4. From that reading we know that Yeshua began His ministry in the Fall. Using the book of John exclusively is a mistake because John is not a chronological account, where Matthew Mark and Luke are. We can deduce from the Gospels that Yeshua observed three Pesach Festivals during His ministry years. Add the six months from the beginning of his ministry in Luke 4, and you come to 3 1/2 years.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

GREAT QUESTION!!!! sure got my attention! so i googled it... this is what i found, for what that's worth. it does come from carm.org which seems to be pretty reliable.

http://www.carm.org/questions/Jesus_age.htm

Additionally, He may have needed to be 30 years old, Num. 4:3, "from thirty years and upward, even to fifty years old, all who enter the service to do the work in the tent of meeting."

Therefore we can conclude that Jesus began His earthly ministry at the age of 30. Since it went on for 3 1/2 years before Jesus was crucified, it is safe to say that He was 33 at the time of His death.

Well that seems a lot of effort to figure out when He started His ministry, since if you look in Luke 3: 23, you will find this:

"Jesus was about thirty years old when He began His public ministry"

:emot-dance:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/27/1971

Ok Shiloh357! Sorry this took longer to respond then I thought, but I was challenged to see if Rabbi Yochanan was right or not. SO I studied this thoroughly and here is what I found and discovered.

As for time of year Yeshua starts his ministry, the reading Yeshua makes was in Isaiah 61:1-2, and is actually NOT in any of the Haftarah portions. Believe it or not (in fact don't believe me- mayber I missed it) Isaiah 61:1-9 is not read at all. The gospel of Luke also states that Yeshua searched the Isaiah scroll for the passage, so it wasn't even set to be read.

I was also going to mention Yeshua being around 30, but Luke's post beat me to it (I won't have thought to use red :) )

Matthew and Mark are both very very close to eachother, so I will mention only Matthew. Luke also is in line which confirms that all four gospels are written in chronological order.

Matthew's telling seem to stay around the Galil region where Luke's ventures into the Hill Country. The Three gospels spend a good amount of time recounting the trip from Galil to Jerusalem which I assume it is because the whole gang was with Yeshua for that. Since it seems John, Peter, and James seems to stay with Yeshua since the big fish catch, John's recount would include alot more. No where is Matthew Mark or Luke give any indication as of time frame except, "that sabbath", or "two days later" and adding those up you could assume that they were talking only about a span of 3 to 4 months. But certainly not 3 1/2 years. The only time line was have is John's and the extra Sabbath which I discribed earlier only places his ministry to 2 years, not 3 1/2.

Now with out spending weeks on this, my response is that no where in the gospels can I find that would suggest a 3 1/2 year ministry. SO.. I'm going to return the challenge to you Shiloh357 to either confirm or prove otherwise this assumed truth of Yeshua's time in ministry as shown through scripture. This isn't a challenge to see whose right and whose wrong, its what's truth and what's philosophy.

Did you notice Isaiah 61:1-2 talks about "the year of the LORD'S good pleasure"....

TO TRUTH!!

K.L.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

thanks guys, that was really helpful