IGNORED

Things that seem to not just add up!

Guest JaredKC

Guest JaredKC

Hey this topic is about how things don't seem to add up with bible stories. For example, the story of Adam and Eve. How could anybody believe that the world population started with one man and one woman. They had kids and some how and some way some family members had to have sex with each other. Now a days if generations of members of the same family imbreed with each other the will have deformities and complications. But, this didn't go on once in the bible but twice. Noah and his family had to imbreed too.To bring the world's population back up.Also in the bible abouth the story of Sodom and Geimore the two daugters had sex with there father and God punished them so he condones imbreeding so and of you Christians come and explain this whole thing to me. You can bring your bible too if you want so you can answer my questions?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Jared,

Did you know that God "so loved YOU, that the death you deserved by eternal damnation and separation from God, He sent His Son to stand in your place"? Do you think you would be willing to go to a person on death row and accept his punishment for him? Yet that is exactly what God did for you.

It is written:

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

After reading a few of your posts, it is quite obvious that you have never had a personal introduction to Jesus Christ. I hope you take this time to go to God and ask HIM to reveal HIS Son to you, and when HE does, then please believe that He loves you more than anyone else alive.

You will not begin to understand the Bible until the Holy Spirit comes upon you and opens your eyes to see and that WON'T HAPPEN until you accept Jesus Christ as YOUR Lord and Savior.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Greetings Jared,

Did you know that God "so loved YOU, that the death you deserved by eternal damnation and separation from God, He sent His Son to stand in your place"? Do you think you would be willing to go to a person on death row and accept his punishment for him? Yet that is exactly what God did for you.

It is written:

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

After reading a few of your posts, it is quite obvious that you have never had a personal introduction to Jesus Christ. I hope you take this time to go to God and ask HIM to reveal HIS Son to you, and when HE does, then please believe that He loves you more than anyone else alive.

You will not begin to understand the Bible until the Holy Spirit comes upon you and opens your eyes to see and that WON'T HAPPEN until you accept Jesus Christ as YOUR Lord and Savior.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Amen :unsure: :il:

• Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

i have been getting that question forever now and i can't understand why people don't see the clearest thing about this. God CREATED adam and eve. again He CREATED adam and eve. now tell me . . . if say . . .a mom and dad can mate and make a baby . .do they stop there (unless they want to) when they see that what they have made is good or do they go and make another one? if God can create adam and eve what can stop HIm from creating other people too. i mean . . its not that hard to understand that God is bigger than, ,no word can explain it. do u think its really that hard for Him to create more poeple after adam and eve?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  353
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

i have been getting that question forever now and i can't understand why people don't see the clearest thing about this. God CREATED adam and eve. again He CREATED adam and eve. now tell me . . . if say . . .a mom and dad can mate and make a baby . .do they stop there (unless they want to) when they see that what they have made is good or do they go and make another one? if God can create adam and eve what can stop HIm from creating other people too. i mean . . its not that hard to understand that God is bigger than, ,no word can explain it. do u think its really that hard for Him to create more poeple after adam and eve?

Greetings in Christ! God creating other people after Adam and Eve is not found in my Bible...the problem in there is most people do not realize there is at times gaps of time inbetween scriptures...as in the Life of Jesus Ministry...the scriptures never give you the time in his Ministry that certain things happened...but we can safely say it was not all back to back...for the Bible also says in the end of Johns Gospel that not all of what Jesus did on this Earth was recorded in Holy Scripture....well some may try to apply that to this topic..could you? The Bible records all of what the Lord of Glory wants us to know...simply put...the creation story is imcomplete under your theory and gives ammo to the other side of the debate...which is something God would not do...we should never assume things about GODS Word...yes somethings you can imply...for example if I stubbed my toe...you can imply that it hurt...Blessings all

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

The gene pool would be pure in the early years (not 'inbreeding' consequences). God could allow the population of the earth to grow through Adam and Eve and their children. This would not be normative as the population grew (sex between close relatives).

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  881
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

My answer to the Jared

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

This is taken from 'Answers to Tough Questions Skeptics ask About the Christian Faith' pages 187-190 "Where did Cain get his wife?"

by Josh McDowell and Don Stewart

Genesis 5:4 tells us that Adam had sons and daughters. At first, sons and daughters of Adam and Ev had to marry each other to populate the earth. Cain probably married a sister or niece or grand niece.

Assuming the accuracy of Genesis account, and considering the length of lives recorded (around 900 years, in the average), a very sizeable population could have develpoed very rapidly. Using conservative guesses as to the size of families and average age, there easily could have been several million people living at the time of the death of Cain.

Moreover, teh Scriptures nowhere indicate at what points in the life of Cain he murdered his brother, married his wife or built his city. Even a few hundred years might have passed before all of the events took place, allowing for a sizeable population with which to build a city.

All this raises the additional question of incest. If incest is scripturally forbidden, according to the Mosaic law, how do we explain all this marrying of siblings? Since Adam and Eve were created directly by God, and perfect, it can be presumed that their genes were perfect.

When sin entered the world at the Fall, bringing with it death, disease and destruction, the gene pool would gradually become corrupted. At first, no harm would result from marriage of brothers and sisters, and had sin not entered the world, presumably no harm would have entered.

As the generations passed, however, disease, environment and sin took their toll on the genetic pool, which resulted in mutant and defective genes. Incest was prohibited in Moses' time, from a biological standpoint, because it was now dangerous and resulted in deformed, moronic or otherwise defective offspring.

Moreover, in addition to the biological problem which arises from incest, there is also an ethical one. God forbids incest on moral grounds, and thisis more crucial than the biological aspect (Leviticus 20:11ff.)

Incest disrupts the family social and moral structure. The family is the only God-ordained institution in teh world other than the church. At the initial formation of the family structure in Cain's day, it is difficult to presume what happened with inter-marriage. Thus we cannot be sure to what extent incest occurred. One thing is certain: after God's ordained family structure stabilized, incest was sin.

:t2:

Dad Ernie Good post!

The Bible does not contradict itself as many believe. One has to study the Bible and listen to correct teachings to understand it. The Holy Spirit will lead us into all truths.

Guest American_girl

:P Very....deep. lol. Honestly, I think that God created other people besides Adam and Eve. You know, after they sinned.

I don't think it was EVER in God's plan for man to sleep with man's own sibling.