sport123

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

:emot-dance: Why are some healed and others not? How do you know if you are lacking faith or it's just not his will for you to be healed? Because the Bible says we are healed by the stripes Jesus took. And some preachers say the reason you are not healed is because you lack faith and thats discouraging. If thats the case, that doesn't make you feel good about your salvation then. If you lack faith in healing, how do you know you have faith for salvation. It's so confusing and discouraging. Especially when you pray for so long, and have others pray with you and agree. Like when the Bible says if two or three agree as touching anything that our Heavenly Father will give to you. I have injuries and things that I need healing and its so discouraging sometimes. Thanks for any advice you can give. God bless!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

"the Bible says we are healed by the stripes Jesus took"

That verse wasn't talking about a physical healing it was talking about a spiritual healing, i think you are mixing up a lot of Verse about physical and spiritual healings.

God did not create people to die or get injured, it was our own sin nature that hurts kills us. We have no other person to blame then ourselves when we get hurt or die. When you say, "Why are some people healed and some not?" God can do as he wishes sometimes God will bring them home in heaven where they belong, earth is just a visit in the realm of eternity, Just a glimpse. Sometimes God calls us into Eternity.

Now just talking about death:

When you ask "Why are some people healed and some not?" I can guaranty that the people in heaven who died in a car accidents, shootings, terrorist attacks are not complaining that they are dead, it is us as humans that complain to God.

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

:emot-questioned: Why are some healed and others not? How do you know if you are lacking faith or it's just not his will for you to be healed? Because the Bible says we are healed by the stripes Jesus took. And some preachers say the reason you are not healed is because you lack faith and thats discouraging. If thats the case, that doesn't make you feel good about your salvation then. If you lack faith in healing, how do you know you have faith for salvation. It's so confusing and discouraging. Especially when you pray for so long, and have others pray with you and agree. Like when the Bible says if two or three agree as touching anything that our Heavenly Father will give to you. I have injuries and things that I need healing and its so discouraging sometimes. Thanks for any advice you can give. God bless!

Greetings Sport,

Consider:

2 Cor 12:7-10 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

No one knows for sure what Paul's Thorn was. We do know that he was a man of great faith from the time of his conversion to Christ until his death. When someone doesn't receive healing, it is not always because of a lack of faith. It may be the Father's way of helping us deal with a particular problem or situation in life.

In any case, God's grace is sufficient to carry us through our trials and tribulations and illnesses or whatever. I would encourage prayer until God gives you or anyone a firm answer, which He will do if you are diligent about it, with fasting and study of His Word.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

One thing to keep in mind is that God is soveriegn. We can't see the big picture but He can and I've seen lives absolutely transformed by the "untimely" death of another--- so I'm learning to trust Him in these situation. That's why it's good to pray the Father's will.

Regarding the verse "by His stripes......" the poster that responded saying that doesn't apply to physical health is exactly right. We were healed from death unto life when Christ died on the cross. Our glorified bodies will come later.

Rania

Edited by Rania

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

:emot-questioned: Why are some healed and others not? How do you know if you are lacking faith or it's just not his will for you to be healed? Because the Bible says we are healed by the stripes Jesus took. And some preachers say the reason you are not healed is because you lack faith and thats discouraging. If thats the case, that doesn't make you feel good about your salvation then. If you lack faith in healing, how do you know you have faith for salvation. It's so confusing and discouraging. Especially when you pray for so long, and have others pray with you and agree. Like when the Bible says if two or three agree as touching anything that our Heavenly Father will give to you. I have injuries and things that I need healing and its so discouraging sometimes. Thanks for any advice you can give. God bless!

You're not alone. :emot-questioned:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

I, too , am in a similar situation. Somethings GOd did heal, somethings in time and circumstance or medical intrvention. Other injuries I live with and HE gives me such Grace and strength adn MErcy and relief and joy in Him through it all.

Only God knows this answer you arew asking and only GOd knows this answer concerning your life.

I agree, continue in prayer and go to be annointed and prayed for and over. God is faithful.

But, He does heal what is the most needed healed and that is Spiritual in us.

BUt He also does still heal.

May You ask the Holy SPirit to live in you and to know HIS voice and what HE is telling you in your circumstance to do about it.

Don't be discouraged, salvation is of Jesus and HE already overcame the world and death for you and me.

There are many ways to pray, praying the scriptures aloud, finding what you need ot pray, the Holy SPirit will tell you this.

May HE give you the healing and strength you are needing in JesusHoly Name

IF we knew everything , we'd be God.

Just keep trusting in Him for your needs day by day, HE is with you always.

LIve in the Joy of the Lord, no matter what, in praise lifting the spirit of heaviness, residing under Gods Mighty WIng, no matter what or where your life is , may your thoughts be continually on Christ and your peace in HIm.

blessings and prayerss,

elkie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

PS the Lord can remove the stress and that will lower the pain, too.

Ther are also healing rooms, many Intercessors meet folks in rooms set up for prayer at various locations in many churches. Ther you will find Intercessors who will pra ywith you one on one taking all the time you need, as many times as you need.

GOd bless,

elkie

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Recently, my 24 year old son was diagnosed with a rare brain disease called Moyamoya. Without boring you will the details, as a result of his disease, he has suffered two strokes and undergone two brain surgeries (STA-MCA bypasses). He is recovering well from it all...praise God!

I asked my son IF he believed that God could heal him miraculously. He said, "of coarse". Then I asked why he thought God hadn't healed him? Why did he have to undergo two surgeries and still have to deal with this disease in the long run? My son simply answered, "because it would not have stuck."

Two things to remember saints.

1. It is all about God and that HE is GLORIFIED, even by our struggles. (John 9:1-3)

2. "...in all things God works for the good of those who love HIM, who have been called according to HIS purpose". (Romans 8:28)

God wants us to know HIM and sometimes it takes a lot to get our attention, to bring us to our knees and willingly place our total dependence on HIM.

Lastly, use Jesus as our example and consider the prayer He prayed in the garden the night before He was tortured and crucified. ""My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

May the Lord Bless you richly,

Wayne

Edited by Wayne B.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Recently, my 24 year old son was diagnosed with a rare brain disease called Moyamoya. Without boring you will the details, as a result of his disease, he has suffered two strokes and undergone two brain surgeries (STA-MCA bypasses). He is recovering well from it all...praise God!

I asked my son IF he believed that God could heal him miraculously. He said, "of coase". Then I asked why he thought God hadn't healed him? Why did he have to undergo two surgeries and still have to deal with this disease in the long run? My son simply answered, "because it would not have stuck."

Two things to remember saints.

1. It is all about God and that HE is GLORIFIED, even by our struggles. (John 9:1-3)

2. In ALL things God does GOOD... (Romans 8:23)

God wants us to know HIM and sometimes it takes a lot to get our attention, to bring us to our knees and willingly place our total dependence on HIM.

Lastly, use Jesus as our example and consider the prayer He prayed in the garden the night before He was tortured and crucified. ""My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

May the Lord Bless you richly,

Wayne

:wub:

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Sometimes it's in God's plan to heal someone earth, other times it works in His plan best if the healing comes in heaven.

I strongly, strongly, strongly disagree with people who teach that the reason someone isn't healed is due to lack of faith. For one, this places a tremendous burden and guilt on someone who is already suffering. Two, Scripture teaches us that faith is a gift we get from God, we don't create it ourselves. It comes from Him. Three, this presumes that it takes more faith for a healing than to endure suffering - which isn't true. Sometimes, oftentimes, the most faithful and sincere thing you can do is cling to God and trust Him....even when we don't understand and are afraid.