IGNORED

What do you do when you feel unworthy?

Guest Happy

I feel down today, all of the things that's wrong with me came to the surface, I am not suffering from a prosecution complex, just don't feel like I am good enough. I know my sins are forgiven, and my worth is in being a child of God, but I like someone who is much more than I in regards to everything and it's very hard to deal with.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Happy, I recommend praying over it. The Lord is always ready to listen, and

ready to speak back to you.

Guest eternal_joy

i cry for a little while........ then i search in His word for promises fulfilled....... the biggest pick me up is in Jeremiah where we are promised " For i know the plans i have for you declares the LORD, plans to prosper you a hope for your future." Reminds me that even though in all His infinite wisdom something i have wanted yearned for gets denied... i know that something better will come to me... to prosper me so much more than i had thought i would have been by my desire....

God sees all that is and all that isn't........ He knows your needs and promises to fill them.

we might not like the package and disappointments that come our way with our answer..... but in the long run it truly is the best!

Hope that helped some :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I know my sins are forgiven, and my worth is in being a child of God, but I like someone who is much more than I in regards to everything and it's very hard to deal with.

(If you'll forgive the humor...)

"Danger Will Robinson! Warning! Warning!"

Comparing yourself to others . . . no, no, not good, not good at all!

Unfortunately, Satan is a clever deceiver. He will often pull you into sin in the disguise of something else.

I know how insecurities can trick you into basing your worth on others. You feel like a failure in an area, then you see somone who is stronger in that area, then you feel depressed that you are not like her/him. It's even worse when you want that impress that person. (Am I correct in interpreting "like" to mean :blink: ?) You want to feel "up" with this person, but by default this person is making you feel "down."

But insecurity is the flip side to pride. Did you know that? This is what happened to King Saul. He was a very insecure person (for goodness' sake, when he was to be anointed king, he was hiding!). It wasn't long before his insecurities craved the approval of man to make himself feel "up," and this is why he fell into disobedience and jealousy over David, and all that. I know it seems harsh to tell a wounded person, "This is sin," but I mean it not to condemn you, for I struggle with this myself, and any finger you may perceive me pointing in your direction, I am looking at the three fingers being pointed back at me with my own hand. We need to approach the Throne of Grace and confess to this sin of insecurity-pride and repent. It's the only way to defeat it. Think of it as a double-headed snake that is attacking you. Only the blood of Jesus can overcome this thing and free you from its horrible grasp. That, and "the word of your testimony."

That being said, I bet that you are indeed stronger in some areas than this other person if you know what to look for. It won't be those things that you are valuing right now, but I'll bet they are there.

And just an FYI, I had a crush on a guy for a long time - too long. I finally found some info that put this to rest, and I wished I had heard this sooner. So, I hope this helps you out as well. If you have to be something that you are not in order for the other person to "like" you, then this is the wrong person for you. I know this is not what you want to hear, but there is so much freedom in not having the drive to torture yourself trying to please and be "appealing" to someone else. It hurt to let go, but the peace is worth it! If it is in God's design for the two of you to be together, than He'll bring it about in His good time. But you need freedom from this bondage first. OK?

God bless! His love is everlasting, and His mercies are new every morning! Amen!

Thank you, nebula. You are very wise, your post has helped me greatly. Thank you so much. I must keep putting my life in God's hands every day, it's amazing how it can slip into what I want and not what God wants for my life.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

God uses stuff like these to talk to more people than we might think . . . nebula :blink:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Your welcome - to both of you!

God is good!