IGNORED

Help - My husband was a Jehovah's Witness

Guest berpha
Dear Delivered,

I bought a $8.00 book called Fast Facts On False Teachings by Ron Carlson/Ed Decker. It's a wonderful tool there is about 16 pages on Jehovah's Witnesses. Those pages are very helpful.

My neighbors are JW and it is sad.The wife is a hand servent, and on top of that she doesn't believe they go to heaven because the 144,000 spots are already taken.She happialy believes they will be cleaning up the earth after the wicked people are thrown in hell. I have tried to witness to her but I don't want to push her away or make it so that her husband wont let her visit me.They live in Fla.6 mo. and in N.Y. (here)the other 6 mo.She use to babysit me when I was little.

A few pages in this book are very interesting..

The man Ron gets a visit from a pair of JWs, he invites them in on the condition that they would answer a few questions regaurding the JWs.

They said they would be glad to answer any questions he might have.

Then Ron said"I guess that I really only have one question. Throughout your literature you continually say that the trinity is not taught in scripture."

The JWs smile and say'thats right, nowhere in the Bible will you find the word trinty."

Then Ron counter with telling them that the trinty is taught throughout Gods Word.

The JWs again tell him the nowhere in the Bible will you find the word trinity.

Then Ron tells them that it's a latin term meaning three in one that the word trinity it's simply a term used to describe God.Then he points out the fact that they use the term'theocratic kingdom more than any other term in thier literature.Then he asked them to show him one place in the Bible where that word can be found.

The elder Witness says" But the trinity is not rational;you can't understand it."

Ron asks"You believe the Bible, don't you?'

"Oh ,yes, we believe the Bible ," they said.

Ron tells them to put away all thier books,magazines,dictionaries ect..

Then he takes them to the Bible to Revalations he says"let's begin and you will see something very interesting develop here", he promised.

Ron turned to Rev.1:8"I am the Alpha and the Omega" says the Lord God,"who is ,and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

Ron asks"who is speaking here?'Iam the Alpha and Omega' say who?'

the answer"Says the Lord God, Jehovah God!"

Ron said"You are absolutely right, we believe that Alpha and Omega is Jehovah God."

Then he tells them to turn to Rev. 21:5-7

He who was seated on the throne said"I am making every thing new! Then He said" write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." He said to me:"It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega,the Beginning and the End.To him who is thirsty I will give him to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be My son."

The two JWs say" we believe that Alpha and Omega are Jehovah God. Thats what it says."

Ron says " now turn to Rev.22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,the beginning and the End.

again the JWs responded that these titles referred to Jehovah God,as in Rev.1:8

Ron continued,"there's just one more passage; do you think you could help me with it?"

"Oh, we'd be glad to."they said

Ron said"the passage is Rev. 1:17,18 ,Will you read it for me?"

They turned to the verse in thier Watchtower Bible and the elder one began to read.

When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as though dead. Then he placed His right hand on me and said"Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last"Rev.1:17

Ron said,"stop.I've been tring to figure out who the First and the Last is. Tell me who is He."

They replied,"We just saw who the First and the Last is. The First and the Last is Alpha and Omega, Jehovah God."

Ron asked," You mean to tell me the First and the Last is Jehovah God?"

They replied"Of course He's Jehovah God."

Ron answered,"Well, keep reading."

I am the Living One; I was Dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades(Rev.1:18)

Ron then asked " When did Jehovah die? When did God die?"

Finally after they silently stared at ther scriptures one said"I never saw that before."

"Well" Ron said "Is this your own Bible you are using, published by the watchtower?"

he answers "yes"

Ron asked"So tell me-when did Jehovah die?"

They just kept looking at the verse. At last they quietly answered"But Jesus died."

Ron asked,"Oh,you mean Jesus is Jehovah God?"

They replied,"well,no.He can't be."

"Why not ?" Ron asked.

"Well, if Jesus is Jehovah God, that would change everything else in the Bible----everything be believe about Him."

They left.

I hope this helps you, Nana

That was fantastic how could anyone argue with it Thanks from me

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

May the Lord reveal to your husband the errors of the Witnesses, and bring him to a correct knowledge of Himself. +

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

IF one is prepared and pray first they can use this approach to show the Jw's about Revelations and true many have not heard that nor seen it. As the JW's are good at picking out parts of scriptures and twisting them.

But, also, they are not allowed to let you teach them. The moment they think the tide has turned, they are out the door and if they come back it will be with two orthree(sure to have an edler in charge of it with them). ANother important thing is to jsut pray first, as the Holy Spirit will give us the right words for that person. ALso to agree ahead of time not to jump around nor change subjects. They are trained with alot of that jumping mind and it prevents dicernment on any one subject and it is how they are led into deception and how they lead into arguments.

The reason I suggest Ron Rhodes book, onm reasoning from the scritpures with JW's is for the person who has been deeply indoctrinated, it all needs plainly led back to sound scripture and most are not knowledgable about the many subjects nor all the confirming scriptures to help lead one out of such multi'level twising of scripture.

I can't even tell you the relief I felt as I would read subject after subject; finding it untwisted and supported Biblically.

Honestly, Mormans and JW's can read the same words and have an entire secret language of subculture meanings that are not even meaning the same thing you may be saying to them!

ALso, with JW's there are problems like double'think. THey will hold two toally conflicting views, equally as true , never seeing they are doing that. WHen a subject is stuck to and dicerned it will dispelss the double-think mentality.

Sometimes when they still came to my door I would ask them if their literature is inspired of GOD. ( they used to say yes, now they say no) I say well, my Bible is inspired of GOd..why do you spend so much time going door to door with UNinspired books?!

Also about salvation. They say it is a free gift BUT YOU MUST QUALIFY FOR IT(oh I know but they do say that)

I get them to think on another level on a subject they are not prepared to BLOCK OUT(they believe in "mental-regulating" and so are PREpared to block and attack)

I would say to one, I have a FREE GIFT for you, it is this dress(pretend I have a dress to hand over) then say NO! YOU MUST QUALIFY but (tkaing it back to me) then say NO HER IT IS FREE handing itto them) this visual effect has had some results.

However, don't expect to SEE any results in their faces, we are told not to commit "face crime" in the old days of JW-life, face crime was EVEN LOOKING like you didn't agree wit hwhat the speaker atthe meetins said or having unbelievers blood on your hands by looking like you don't believe...

BUt, although there are many ways to prepare for this and when one or two or...com,e to your door, God will bring ot mind what for you to say. WHen I suggested this book it was because it will untwist the mind of one who has been indoctrinated so well. However, many JW's have panic attacks when EVEN trying ot read anything else, aas they are programmed full of fear of satan till they can "feel him" if it is anything they teach against. Post traumatic dissorder is rampant. Stress and alcholoism and drug problems etc.

BUt, many are simply housewives who were crept in by this heritic religion while thier hubbies were away at work and if one does not feel led or is in need of telling them to just go , it can be necessary.

I found it difficult as a preschooler and all thorhg childhood ot be forced door to door. The ysaid it was my obligation to seperate the sheep from the goats for Jehobvagh so we had to sell magazines( they own a fortune of propperty on Brrokly Heights and have many "sucides" from the building..another story)

Awhile back a litle boy about 5 was at my door , his JW mother was PUSHING him in the back at the door and then at ME! oh the memory flood I had then! I squatted down at the little boys level and I said I lvoe JEho9vah and JEsus ,too. HE sighed great relief and then went to watching the garden as I talked to his mom and had a couple things to say and sure if he had not been there could of said them more exactingly. My focus was the trauma he little boy was having at that.

You see, I believe they ahave another reason besides making money sending them so young and demanding it ,too, for life. The SOCIAL REJECTION they get keeps them thinking they are delaing with evil pagans and are hated for God adn can have no aceptance outside of the harsh hand of the org.

HERE even a little kindness and speaking of the Lord wil go further than you can imagine.

Oh they can't let on to you...but you can BET the yare thinking aobut it all wekk and tlaking about you ,too!

Yes, I am passionate about this.

All my life I only wanted to know JESUS and then to know HIM well IT S GREAT!!!! KNOWING JESUS!

To KNOW Jesus,m and HE comes to sup and live with me! It is knowing HIm for myself so wonderful, not secondhand "hear-say... But to really know HIm for myself I treasure this!

I remember when I was young and thought on St.Thomas saying "My Lord and my God"... I thought what if what if WHAT IF!( I was preteen then) I thought Thomas KNEW , he was there, he understood the implications of all JEsus said and did and WHO HE was and IS. This impacted me tremendously!

Also, when I was a little kid, reading Genesis, I asked my mom, it sasy let US make man in OUR IMAGE... they could not answer that for me.

BUt I have all the answers I need in JESUS CHrist.

SO different to know JEsus for our selves, not through soemone elses views of him, difference like if you know someone or just hear say ABOUT them. KNWoig them is where it's at.

SO, yeah, I say they are not witnesses of anything, only hear-say witnesses...

GOd bless anyone who cares enough to try to help.

I have counceled and helped and watched many come to the Lord JEsus and I pray one day all my family will also know Him.

I couldn't be blackmailed by this org, them telling my family to never speak to me again...ok...count it all loss for greater is HE who is in me thant He who is in hte world.

Jesus proved HImself ot me and HE will to them also. They see what JEsus does in my life and some talk to me a little more now, some not.

But, no one should let their fear game run their lives. Once someone sees they conflict with the Bible, it takes their powerful fear games away. FOr then one knows they do NOT speak for God.

The yay they are Gods only channel on earth.

I say CHristians don't channel!

Also, I went ot many doors in my childhood and teen years, people did not witness of CHrist to me. WHY NOT? BE BOLD! YOU have the TRUTH FOR JESUS IS THE TRUTH THE WAY AND THE LIFE( not some mans secret doctines, that is not truth)

GOd bless,

elkie

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Thank you all for the informative post. My husband's stepmom is a JW. I never knew much about them other than the belief about the 144,000. She's the sweetest little woman ever. I hate that she's been deceived by this cult.

I have a question. If they believe one doesn't have a soul and they cease to exist at death, how do they explain Jesus telling the thief on the cross that he would be with Him that day in paradise? Or are things like that omitted from their books?

Edited by Razberry

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Dear Delivered,

I bought a $8.00 book called Fast Facts On False Teachings by Ron Carlson/Ed Decker. It's a wonderful tool there is about 16 pages on Jehovah's Witnesses. Those pages are very helpful.

My neighbors are JW and it is sad.The wife is a hand servent, and on top of that she doesn't believe they go to heaven because the 144,000 spots are already taken.She happialy believes they will be cleaning up the earth after the wicked people are thrown in hell. I have tried to witness to her but I don't want to push her away or make it so that her husband wont let her visit me.They live in Fla.6 mo. and in N.Y. (here)the other 6 mo.She use to babysit me when I was little.

The man Ron gets a visit from a pair of JWs, he invites them in on the condition that they would answer a few questions regaurding the JWs.

Then Ron said"I guess that I really only have one question. Throughout your literature you continually say that the trinity is not taught in scripture."

The JWs smile and say'thats right, nowhere in the Bible will you find the word trinty."

Then Ron counter with telling them that the trinty is taught throughout Gods Word.

Then Ron tells them that it's a latin term meaning three in one that the word trinity it's simply a term used to describe God.Then he points out the fact that they use the term'theocratic kingdom more than any other term in thier literature.Then he asked them to show him one place in the Bible where that word can be found.

The elder Witness says" But the trinity is not rational;you can't understand it."

Then he takes them to the Bible to Revalations he says"let's begin and you will see something very interesting develop here", he promised.

Ron turned to Rev.1:8"I am the Alpha and the Omega" says the Lord God,"who is ,and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

Ron said"You are absolutely right, we believe that Alpha and Omega is Jehovah God."

He who was seated on the throne said"I am making every thing new! Then He said" write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." He said to me:"It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega,the Beginning and the End.To him who is thirsty I will give him to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be My son."

The two JWs say" we believe that Alpha and Omega are Jehovah God. Thats what it says."

Ron says " now turn to Rev.22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,the beginning and the End.

Ron continued,"there's just one more passage; do you think you could help me with it?"

They turned to the verse in thier Watchtower Bible and the elder one began to read.

When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as though dead. Then he placed His right hand on me and said"Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last"Rev.1:17

Ron said,"stop.I've been tring to figure out who the First and the Last is. Tell me who is He."

They replied,"We just saw who the First and the Last is. The First and the Last is Alpha and Omega, Jehovah God."

I am the Living One; I was Dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades(Rev.1:18)

Finally after they silently stared at ther scriptures one said"I never saw that before."

"Well" Ron said "Is this your own Bible you are using, published by the watchtower?"

he answers "yes"

They just kept looking at the verse. At last they quietly answered"But Jesus died."

"Why not ?" Ron asked.

"Well, if Jesus is Jehovah God, that would change everything else in the Bible----everything be believe about Him."

They left.

I'M THANKING ALL OF YOU SOOO MUCH WITH TEARS IN MY EYES. I HAVE BEEN WALKING AROUND THINKING ABOUT THIS TO MYSELF AND NOT REALLY TALKING WITH ANYONE ABOUT MY SITUATION. THOUGH I HAVE PRAYED, I NEEDED TO HEAR FROM OTHER CHRISTIANS WHO KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THIS DARK AND DEEP SNARE.

I AM CAREGIVER FOR MY MOTHER WHO IS 87 YRS OLD AND LIVES WITH US. SHE HAS DEMENTIA AND IT KEEPS ME BUSY. SO, I WRITE MOSTLY AT NIGHT WHEN EVERYONE IS ASLEEP. WE RECENTLY MOVED TO A NEW COMMUNITY, SO, FOR THESE REASONS, I HAVE NOT YET FOUND A CHURCH HOME AND AM ALSO A LITTLE RELUCTANT B/C OF WHAT'S GOING ON NOW IN THE CHURCHES TODAY. BUT I CONTINUE TO STUDY AS THE SPIRIT TEACHES ME. WHAT A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE IT IS! BUT, BACK TO THE SUBJECT OF THE JWS, I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE ALL SAYING IS TRUE. I DO A HAVE ALOT OF WORK CUT OUT FOR ME. I BELIEVE THAT EITHER IN TIME OR THROUGH A DIRECT MIRACLE, THE LORD WILL DELIVER MY HUSBAND FROM THIS.

ELKIE THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVE, SUPPORT, INFO AND EDIFICATION -- I WILL CONTACT YOU. I LOVE ALL OF YOU AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT, AS WELL. I PLAN TO CHECK OUT THOSE PUBLICATIONS, TOO AND WILL KEEP YOU POSTED.

MAY THE LORD CONTINUALLY BLESS AND KEEP YOU. WE TRULY ARE CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS -- PRAISE GOD.

DELIVERED

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/16/1967

May the Lord reveal to your husband the errors of the Witnesses, and bring him to a correct knowledge of Himself. +

Yes LORD, i bear witness, and may G~D reveal His TRUTH and His LOVE so that your husband may come to a saving knowledge, relationship, and Fruit Filled walk with Jesus, our LORD and Saviour. amen.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  30

Dear Delivered,

he answers "yes"

"Why not ?" Ron asked.

They left.

Thank you for caring, Nana. I will study the scriptures that were pointed out to the Jhw. The Lord has blessed me with faith and knowlege, but it seems that sometimes I have to be reminded of the things I first learned.

I have much work to do, I know. But through prayer and the Spirit to guide me, I know I can help my husband come to know the truth.

God Bless you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  06/05/1967

I hope that every thing turns out for the best in fact I'm sure that it will!

In Christ, Nana

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  25

Dear Delivered,

he answers "yes"

"Why not ?" Ron asked.

They left.

That was fantastic how could anyone argue with it Thanks from me

I just had two Jehovah's witnesses at my gate. I know there are big differences in what we believe, but really don't know what they are. (And they always seem so sweet!) I jumped straight on to Worthy to post my question, and found this thread!! This story has already helped, but I will visit the sites mentioned, and 'educate' myself.

Thanx again for the info :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Dear delivered,

I look forward to being help to you in any way you need. It would be great if your hubby wanted to look at the books, too, the reasoning from the scriptures with J W's by Ron Rhodes, If he was of a mind to do some research like that it may help him alot towards finding whatthe Bible really says about his salvation and God. THe pilraimage through the watchtower helped me alot to not feel so alone, long ago, when I read it, because it had a man write it who told how he got involved in the Jw org adn then what hapened when he found out whatthe scriiptures reall ysay and what they say, His personal experience was somehow comforting to me and may be to your hubby also. If he read s them, could leave them lysing about and he may take a look inside:)

One thing few people have reaslised is that they did NOT do independant research on the JW org prior to conversion. Most who do , never convert. It is never too late to Choose once again! and do some research, he may want to do that, ex[ecially if he nevre did, no one should believe only what the JW's themselves tell you, because they twist and hide their past alot and more.

God bless, I'm here for you!

Love and prayers in Christ,

elkie

razberry,

what they do is TWIST it...thier take on that particular scripture is as follows, they will add punctuation (improperly too) or the letter a where it will change to the context they want to put forth. IN the scriptures we all knw JEsu said, truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradies.

OK here is their teaching TWIST? (watch the comma) truly I tell you today, you will be with me in paradise. They say he was saying I tell you today which is not what he said, when I am speaking today , you already can see that I am speaking today. They twist it to mean that this day I am telling you,and say that he did not mean that he would go to paradise on that very day... twists and twists and I might add BAD Grammar too!

I'd be happy to answer any questions tht may help anyone if they want it too.

Blesings, elkie

hi gaillf,

That is great you are going to do some peparation. I hope that when they come back to your door you can give them some food for thought!

It is so important to do independant research on this group...they have changed seom things and hid alot of things over the years and their own members don't even know!

It denies the Diety of our Lord and Saviour and they never have any assurance of their salvation, because indeed they don't have salvation in Christ. They belive JEsus died ONLY for Adams sins. They have missed tht JEsus is far more than a perfect man, HE is the I AM!

blessings, elkie