• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Well just to pour some petrol on the flames, so to speak, on our six o'clock news tonight it showed a clip of experts? trying to say that Judas betrayed Jesus because Jesus told him to.

They even showed these people examining some alleged ancient writings, in an effort to prove it,

The devil never sleeps.

eric.

Yeah, theres a showing coming on.................I think its next week called The Judas Testament????, I think was the name of it, I have it set up to tape, I just have to see what they've come up with for this one.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

That stuff is just more Gnositc heresy.

The document was dated to, I think, the 4th century.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

If ignorance were popcorn, this particular enterprising "ice" scientist would be Orville Redenbacher! I love it, I love it, but why pollute the environment any further?

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

That stuff is just more Gnositc heresy.

The document was dated to, I think, the 4th century.

Oh, I'm not watching it because I think I'm going to learn somthing new, I'm watching it because I like to pick them apart. Plus, you would be surprised how many people watch stuff like this and then when you try to talk to them about the Bible, they bring up all of this junk..............I can say, yep, saw it and it was all lies and here is why!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  429
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I just read the story about the Gospel of Judas, this morning. The date is 4th century and validated by carbon-14 dating. It was written in Coptic and some believe if may have been copied from Greek.

It is Gnostic writing and the account is that Jesus asked Judas, to help him to get rid of his physical body, so that he could live in his spiritual body. Jesus asked Judas to turn him over to the Jewish leaders, so that they would in turn, have him put to death by the Romans.

This fits right in with Gnostic heresy, in that they believe that the flesh was evil. The accepted suicide as a noble act, which is probably why the gospel of Judas, doesn't mention his suicide. They also beleived that only those who had been given special secrets by Jesus, would be saved.

They had other wiered beliefs, which is why nothing they wrote was ever included in the canon or accepted by the early Church fathers.

The gospel of Thomas was also a Gnostic writing.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I just read the story about the Gospel of Judas, this morning. The date is 4th century and validated by carbon-14 dating. It was written in Coptic and some believe if may have been copied from Greek.

It is Gnostic writing and the account is that Jesus asked Judas, to help him to get rid of his physical body, so that he could live in his spiritual body. Jesus asked Judas to turn him over to the Jewish leaders, so that they would in turn, have him put to death by the Romans.

This fits right in with Gnostic heresy, in that they believe that the flesh was evil. The accepted suicide as a noble act, which is probably why the gospel of Judas, doesn't mention his suicide. They also beleived that only those who had been given special secrets by Jesus, would be saved.

They had other wiered beliefs, which is why nothing they wrote was ever included in the canon or accepted by the early Church fathers.

The gospel of Thomas was also a Gnostic writing.

Amen.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

I just read the full Gospel of Judas, if anyone wants to read it they can PM me. For the sake of young or un-believers i wont post it, it could be to distracting . But if you'd like to read it please PM me....

This book is Heresy :emot-questioned:

To the Stong Christians!

But i do think the strong Christian should read this so we better know how to handle this book. So Please PM me, and ill give you it the link :noidea:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/16/1976

It is very clear from the Bible that Jesus knew what Judas was doing and that God was going to use it for the good of us all.

These Gnostic gospels are nothing more than fictional imaginings that deluded people who obviously didn't understand the menang of salvation came up with. Already as soon as Christianity was spreading there were false teachers and doctrines causing trouble, so I the only reason why these people would even claim that these heresies bear any weight is just so that they can say the Bible is wrong and they can continue sinning and living the way they want to.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

This fits right in with Gnostic heresy, in that they believe that the flesh was evil.

Now I dont know what all the Gnostic holds as truth, but this is a truth, in the flesh there lies no good. Take a look at words from our brother Paul

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in MY FLESH,) dwelleth NO GOOD thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

This should be basic knowledge.

... IN his flesh!

I think you took what our brother Jim wrote out of context. The next sentence Jim wrote after the one you quoted states, "They accepted suicide as a noble act."

There were even those who believed the flesh to be so evil that they denied Jesus came in the flesh. The evil is not in the flesh, God's creation, but in our nature. Man was NOT created evil; rather he was created in the image of God.

"Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully." 2 John 1:7,8

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

This fits right in with Gnostic heresy, in that they believe that the flesh was evil.

Now I dont know what all the Gnostic holds as truth, but this is a truth, in the flesh there lies no good. Take a look at words from our brother Paul

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in MY FLESH,) dwelleth NO GOOD thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

This should be basic knowledge.

I think you took what our brother Jim wrote out of context. The next sentence Jim wrote after the one you quoted states, "They accepted suicide as a noble act."

Maybe but it does not seem so with the sentence structure. He states that the Gnostic heresy, was in that they believed the flesh was evil. Or so it seems to me

I edited my earlier post adding:

There were even those who believed the flesh to be so evil that they denied Jesus came in the flesh. The evil is not in the flesh, God's creation, but in our nature. Man was NOT created evil; rather he was created in the image of God.

"Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully." 2 John 1:7,8

We need to watch what we call "evil" or we risk contradicting the very character of God as revealed in HIS Word.