• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

I'm starting this thread as a response to people that claim to be Christian (no, it IS NOT a "hat" you can put on or take off at your convenience), but DON'T act like a Christian should.

Personally, I realize that even after you accept JESUS CHRIST as your personal SAVIOUR, it doesn't stop you from sinning.  That is the curse of having the Adamic nature within us all.  However, to me, the Bible is my guide as to how I must treat all people, and that is with love.  

For those who are confused I want you to take a moment and think about the slogan that MANY of us wear, "What Would JESUS Do?"  I ask...would HE go around swearing up and down.  How about putting fellow bros/sis in CHRIST down?  What about calling them out of their names?  How about putting women down?  Would our LORD not show ALL people love even though they were guilty of the worst sins?  I for one stand guilty in many of these areas I've mentioned.  What about YOU?

I love reading the New Testament because CHRIST met many people in HIS travels...people that were diseased, prostitutes, murderers, adulterers..etc.  Check this out...in EVERY case HE treated them with LOVE.  Even when HE knew they were living in sin, HE quoted the Word and asked them to REPENT and seek first HIS Kingdom.

It personally is insulting to me when I see people claiming CHRIST and acting so cardinal and hateful...so self-centered forgetting WHY they were called into HIS "earthly Body".  It DEFINATELY WAS NOT for personal recognition!  The reason I'm writing this now and handing it over to my LORD to do with as HE deems necessary is this:  People/"lurkers" are WATCHING YOU.  They are paying attention and while YOU are suppose to convert peiople by YOUR lifestyle, you essentially cause people to say, "there goes another HYPOCRITICAL Christian"!  

REMEMBER YOUR "CALLING"!!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I'm going out on a limb, here, and hope I can express myself with the correct words.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Listening to the Holy Spirit, as you post, would put a fire under your learning curve :) and ease tension.

Sounds like a perscription, huh?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

I think Kiwi said it all. I can't improve on her remarks so I won't.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Bravo Kiwi!

Quote: from kiwi on 5:16 pm on April 21, 2002

I'm going out on a limb, here, and hope I can express myself with the correct words.

• 6 months later...

New thoughts?

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Wow Wisdom you do love honesty don't you. :rofl:

I will admit that I have alot of "kinks" to work out yet but my walk is a new one so every day I am learning...

I never liked to talk bad about people...even before I was saved....but you see that didn't mean that I didn't LISTEN to others do it...so you could say that made me just as guilty...I am working on that one...I tend to turn red in the face now when someone starts to gossip...but still haven't found the right way to excuse myself from the converstion...but its coming I know it is..

Heres a good dilema for you all.... you work in small store K?...the owners don't like  to ring in all the business that comes through the door...they say if they do they would be out of business...What would you do?...does this make a bad Christian...I am afraid of your answers here...but any input would be most welcome.  

Love and Blessing to all,

Angel H.

Yes I do, Angel.  Reason being I lived a lie for so long it got sickning.  

When the HOLY SPIRIT really, and I do mean REALLY gets a hold of you, you will either put an end to your hypocrisy OR you'll have a very miserable "ride" the rest of the way through this life, which WILL eventually catch up with you.  Our FATHER is looking for "playmakers" on HIS team....people who want to go out and run the game plan just the way HE designed it.  Exclusion of "self" is very important here because it's a team effort HE wants, and there is no letter "I" in the middle of the word T-E-A-M.

Concerning your situation (I'm assuming) at work....YOU have to make the right decision.  It's a tough call, but lift it up in prayer and then do the right thing sis.  Jobs are hard to come by...I know, but let me tell you this...bring honor to our LORD through your honest efforts and HE can open the door/window of opportunity for something much better than you ever anticipated.

Do the right thing, and ask for GOD's peace in it.  I promise you, you won't regret it.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Thank you Wisdom...

And I will keep praying about my work...and what to do...the owners I have known for years...but just recently started to work for them a couple days a week....I haven't gotten an answer yet from God...but the way I look at it "little Miss Angel" here needs some experience with "patience"....I never had very much that trait...but I am getting more and more everyday just watching how the Lord answers our prayers sometimes all at once and others a little at a time...I like to think of it as an adventure to find God in everything that happens to me....kind of like "wheres Waldo" :rofl: ...you get my meaning?

Love and Blessing to all,

Angel H.