• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Maybe by 'blessing' they mean consecrating, in order to cast the demons out. Or something.

I don't know. I don't think they know. They were just doing what their pastor told them to do.

Which makes one wonder, how many pastors out there, are giving the wrong message to their flock? Each time my wife have moved into a different house or flat, we first pray to the Lord to clear the place of anything satanic, in Jesus' name and then we ask Him to bless the place with prescence of the Holy Spirit, as long as we dwell there. and our faith keeps away any bad spirits.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Actually, Those books are all written by people who are influenced by demons.

Yes, the magic in those stories are drawn from the devil.

Any proof of this or justification for it?

Yes.

In the Bible it writes, you are either influenced by God or the devil.

You can only serve one master.

This is a very bold statement. Do you believe that C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien were "influenced by demons" while composing their works of fantasy?

I dont know enough about it but everyone is tempted by demons.

When someone is under full control, they wont realize it. Thats exactly what the devil wants to do, he wants to control your thoughts. I cannot exactly say they were influenced by demons for i cannot read anyones mind, thank God.

I have not heard the word God in any of their books, But i believe CS lewis has changed so im not sure about him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

No............we are influenced by our own natures, The you can not serve both God and mammon means you have to make a choice, you can't ride the fence and hope to be approved before God.

The, I have no control over my actions Satan made me do it..............is a cop out. We choose to do right or wrong, if you keep choosing wrong long enough.............the Holy Spirit leaves and that leaves you open to everything that is of the world and Satan.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Maybe by 'blessing' they mean consecrating, in order to cast the demons out. Or something.

I don't know. I don't think they know. They were just doing what their pastor told them to do.

Which makes one wonder, how many pastors out there, are giving the wrong message to their flock? Each time my wife have moved into a different house or flat, we first pray to the Lord to clear the place of anything satanic, in Jesus' name and then we ask Him to bless the place with prescence of the Holy Spirit, as long as we dwell there. and our faith keeps away any bad spirits.

Eric,

That I can see. You have things in the right order. First you clean out the house of anything bad, then God can bless it. But, to ask God to bless a home filled with demons is just wrong. That is like putting new wine into old wineskins. It doesn't work. You have to first clean out the evil spirits, then you can pray God's blessings over the home.

We're going to talk with the household tomorrow night, so if you think about it, pray for us, ok?

Thanks!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  682
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Actually, Those books are all written by people who are influenced by demons.

Yes, the magic in those stories are drawn from the devil.

Any proof of this or justification for it?

Yes.

In the Bible it writes, you are either influenced by God or the devil.

You can only serve one master.

So fantasy stories can be influenced by God too--right? What proof do you have that they are influenced by the devil?

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

It's really simple. Whatever contridicts the Word of God is not of God.

As far as being led by our nature........our own nature is evil.

Romans 6: 19(NIV)I put this in human terms because you are weak in your natural selves. Just as you used to offer the parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to holiness. 20When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness. 21What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death! 22But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. 23For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Gal 5: 16(NIV)So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.

19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

The Bible is against witchcrat, so if you write fantasy novels about withcraft.....what is it? Good or evil? Or maybe fantasy novels about adultry?

I'm sure there are books about someone who was in the occult and got saved.

Bottom line.......we just need to live by the Spirit and not the sinful nature.

In his love,

Brian

It's really simple. Whatever contridicts the Word of God is not of God.

As far as being led by our nature........our own nature is evil.

Romans 6: 19(NIV)I put this in human terms because you are weak in your natural selves. Just as you used to offer the parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to holiness. 20When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness. 21What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death! 22But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. 23For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Gal 5: 16(NIV)So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.

19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

The Bible is against witchcrat, so if you write fantasy novels about withcraft.....what is it? Good or evil? Or maybe fantasy novels about adultry?

I'm sure there are books about someone who was in the occult and got saved.

Bottom line.......we just need to live by the Spirit and not the sinful nature.

In his love,

Brian

Remember that we are talking about fiction. The people in the stories are not really thinking and acting, because they are not real. Any sins portrayed in a fictional story are themselves fictional.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Any sins portrayed in a fictional story are themselves fictional.

Yes..........but they have to come from someones heart bro.

Any sins portrayed in a fictional story are themselves fictional.

Yes..........but they have to come from someones heart bro.

Good writers write about characters that they know are flawed. Sometimes, they are reflections of the author's flaws--but they are often not. Sometimes, the flaws are resolved by the end of the story--but they are often not. Why have flawed characters? Because it is interesting and it is true that none of us are perfect.

Most sf/fantasy fans don't go out and try to design time machines or do magic... and neither do sf/fantasy writers--not even in their hearts.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

Exactly, Copper. It'd be like saying that playing DND means you start worshipping ancient gods in real life. You don't. Usually, you just sit around with people who make jokes about foot-square gelatinous cubes and celestial badgers. What comes from the brain doesn't perforce come from the heart. Intellectuals can understand the economic reasons which allowed Hitler to come to power in Nazi Germany and write about it; that doesn't mean they agreed with him or are anti-Semitic themselves.