dotcom

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Can we take another look at Daniel 9: 24-27?

More or less, the most popular teaching, from Sir Robert Anderson, explains that Satan is given the 70th Week. At the onset, antichrist signs an agreement with Israel, and midway, after 42 months, the Abomination Desolation occurs, then Israel heads for the hills, and all hell breaks loose as the Tribulation.

What troubles me about this interpretation is that it just seems incomprehensible that God would give His Son, Jesus, 42 months on this earth for His Ministry, and then give Satan twice that long???? (and as stated clearly in Revelation, Satan is given 42 months, not 84 months)

I am very concerned that if this popular teaching that has become so INGRAINED in our thinking, and if the Church is wrong in this teaching, what a mighty tool Satan has to deceive many.

I am suggesting that Jesus has ownership of ALL of the 70th Week of Daniel. The first 42 months are Jesus

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I agree with this for the most part. Though I believe the destruction spoken of in verse 26 was fulfilled by Titus in 70AD.

That is known as the Law of Dual Fulfillment. There are many prophecies like that; there is a local fulfillment and far ranging fulfillment. You are right, 70 AD was the fulfillment of many OT prophecies, and Matt 24. But close reading of the context reveals that much more is going on.

And technically, the Lord has been working providentially in His creation since the fall of Adam and Eve, through the various dispensations. While it may be true Jesus' earthly ministry lasted only 3 years (as opposed to the Anti Christ's 7 year reign), the ministry of the Holy Spirit began at Creation and will continue through the Tribulation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

27. 7.And he (Jesus) shall confirm (fulfill) the covenant with many

we know the Bible does not say Jesus in that part...in fact if you read more than just that verse you will see its talking about a false peace..and in the middle of things he desicrates a temple....can you really see htat as being something our Lord would do? I dont.

it also mentions people of the prince.....do we as christians not refer to our Lord as a King?

these are just a couple of points based on the verses you gave.

Hi Cymba22,

Yes, that take is from the Book, "The Coming Prince" by Sir Robert Anderson (1841-1918) that established ALL future teaching.

I'm just questioning if he was correct.......when the Scripture stands alone, there is no mention of King, "he" in verse 27 is to be interpreted, and "prince" in verse 26 is also to be interpreted. (not to be confused with "Messiah the Prince" in verse 25)

I'm just wondering where it describes a false peace?? Help!

Guest jckduboise
Hi Cymba22,

Yes, that take is from the Book, "The Coming Prince" by Sir Robert Anderson (1841-1918) that established ALL future teaching.

I'm just questioning if he was correct.......when the Scripture stands alone, there is no mention of King, "he" in verse 27 is to be interpreted, and "prince" in verse 26 is also to be interpreted. (not to be confused with "Messiah the Prince" in verse 25)

I'm just wondering where it describes a false peace?? Help!

My question to all of this is are we in the end times? So much is pointing in that direction. I read everything I can in the bible regarding prophesy and the end. I look for answers in our news and in the Lord. On 9/11 when I heard about the attack the Lord spoke to me and said "Prepare Yourself". We (United States) have now officially been at war for just a smidge over 3 years. Revelations states aprox 3 1/2 yrs of war before other signs and wonders. Are we headed there?

Hi jckduboise,

Here are some Scriptures that point out the 3 1/2 years (42 months). In my humble opinion we're fast approaching that time, but not there yet.

********************************************************************************

But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. Revelation 11:2

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. Revelation 13:5

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth Revelation 11:3

And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days. Revelation 12:6

********************************************************************************

Hi KatyAnn,

I will refer back to Marnie's reply, of what Marnie described as the "law of dual fulfillment".

Often times Bible prophecy applied to the day it was written, but also looked ahead to the future.

These Scriptures that are quoted from Revelation may or may not have applied to Jerusalem's sacking in 70 AD. (I don't recall any 42 month scenarios in the Bible, in regard to this time period.) I believe the Book of Revelation of Jesus Christ is very explicite in speaking of endtime events, and the return of our LORD and Savior. (there is in abundance of unfulfilled prophecy there, including the return of Jesus!)

Hi KatyAnn,

As I said, the return of Lord Jesus is yet to be fulfilled. Can we get back on topic?....Thanks!.....(Daniel 9: 24-27)....

Hi KatyAnn,

Thanks for the excellent Scripture references!

I am prone to think that verse 25 in speaking of "Jacob's trouble", and the completion of that fulfillment will be immediately preceding Lord Jesus' return.

And I agree with you, Jesus Messiah's fulfilled the "Sacrifice". Did Jesus stop the Temple Sacrifice because of that fulfillment? (during the Church Age) I don't think that is one in the same as the Abomination Desolation.

Hi KatyAnn,

Very interesting!

You see, I was linking verse 27 to 24. 27and he shall confirm the covenent with many for ONE WEEK. That very much being potentially apart of the 70 WEEKS in verse 24Seventy WEEKS are determined......

Yes, Jesus said "it is finished" on the Cross........and I oh, so look foward to His return!