• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

....I was contemplating the EXACT same thing this afternoon while I was ironing!

people do that?!?! :thumbsup:

:P

:24: Yep.....sometimes anyway :cool::thumbsup::24::24::emot-handshake:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Pentecostal Church of God (Trinitarian belief, not UPC)

My exact church would probably be labeled Bapticostal if I had to label it though, lol! :emot-handshake:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I started meeting with the Christians under the ministry which I am still, after 11 years, affiliated. My first time at a Lord's Table meeting a brother asked me if I enjoyed the Meeting. I replied, "Yes. How do I join?" He looked at me strangely and said, "What do you mean?" I repeated, "How do I join this church?" He chuckled and said, "Brother, you are already part of the church."

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I was raised Seventh day Adventist :thumbsup:

Saved in a Pentecostal church, too crazy for me at the time, joined a Southern Baptist, ended up right in the middle in a Bapticostal church. Abba's House Hixson, TN Love it! It is where I'm s'posed to be! :thumbsup:

Similar backgrounds.

I was raised sda, but went to a catholic girls school. Mom was sda, dad was catholic. No wonder I was a mess.

I now "attend" a baptist church, 8 years so far.

I have always been a part of God's Church no matter which building I attended.

100% Christian now and forever.

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

....I was contemplating the EXACT same thing this afternoon while I was ironing!

people do that?!?! :thumbsup:

:P

Absolutely! I actually really enjoy ironing. When I do laundry, I'll iron everything at once because it's part of the personal time I spend with the Father! I've had a few of my best times with Him while ironing. :thumbsup:

Guest Thomas I believe

I was raised Seventh day Adventist :thumbsup:

Saved in a Pentecostal church, too crazy for me at the time, joined a Southern Baptist, ended up right in the middle in a Bapticostal church. Abba's House Hixson, TN Love it! It is where I'm s'posed to be! :P

Similar backgrounds.

I was raised sda, but went to a catholic girls school. Mom was sda, dad was catholic. No wonder I was a mess.

I now "attend" a baptist church, 8 years so far.

I have always been a part of God's Church no matter which building I attended.

100% Christian now and forever.

:thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

As a child I went to the church down the block..

it was simply called the "Christian Church"..

I was too small to know what denomination it was..didn't even know there were denominations..

My parents did not go but perhaps once or twice a year for a couple years of my childhood..

My Mom was not allowed out of the house without my dad being with her and he did not want to go.

He did go with a neighbor once when I was small and it was a Pentecostal church.

I thought it was way cool how they worshipped.

Only went to church for fellowship mostly as a young teen once in a while and it was just a church to me..still not aware of denominations..

Then as an older teen I went to a Catholic church and took catechism and it was then I was really aware of the difference..

Found that although I liked the sense of worship there I could not agree with their theology..

Quit going to church for about 5 years and then met some nice Charismatic folks and !!! wow did my life change ..

Attended that church for about 30 years .

I still consider myself Charismatic, if I need a name, no matter what church I find myself attending... :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I started meeting with the Christians under the ministry which I am still, after 11 years, affiliated. My first time at a Lord's Table meeting a brother asked me if I enjoyed the Meeting. I replied, "Yes. How do I join?" He looked at me strangely and said, "What do you mean?" I repeated, "How do I join this church?" He chuckled and said, "Brother, you are already part of the church."

Very cool. :th_praying:

I attend a small Lutheran Church. It is Missouri Synod Lutheran... In my neighborhood. It is very small and most of the members are older people. It is the church I was brought up in... Only recently (in the last year) have I really begun to think about being actively involved with church. We've gotten a new pastor, a vacancy pastor who is on fire for Christ and so... we are really growing spiritually. It's a little hard because there aren't many people my age. I'm thinking about visiting other churches for fellowship and bible study... I love my little church and I think that we can really make a difference in the community. I sort of agree with my grandmother that you shouldn't have to pass 12 churches to get to your church. So I'm thinking of visiting some of the other churches in the community. I don't think of different denominations, different church buildings as being in competition really. I think of it more as a team effort. The more the merrier. :)

There are things I need... so I'm not fully satisfied with my church... but then again Christ is there as much as he would be at a larger church or in a youth group... so in that sense I am satisfied...

:wub:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/31/1977

Greetings to all of You in Our Lord Jesus Christ.

I thought it would be intresting for all of us to share about our church lives and the great things that are happening within our churches.

I have tried many churches from my childhood church (roman catholic) . I am no longer catholic though. Shortly after i got saved i found a spirit filled church. Assemblies of God churches have been very positive for me and I have been to some non-denominational churches too. Most churches that i have visited or belonged too have been positive. I really like the smaller churches and i belong to one now and yet my wife and I want to try out a baptist church here in our hometown. I have seen peoples lives changed in wed night prayer meetings or in service on sunday. I have seen people get saved in a church service and seen them fall to there knees in repentance and weep and they feel the Love of Jesus embracing them.Thank You Lord !! What a great thing it is to see people fall in love with God. I feel that most churches are good as long as there bible based. Can we judge a church ? We can weigh out the depth of the church in what it teaches and its doctrine i would say. What is your church like ? Are you happy there ?

I go to Elvis Presley's Chapel Of Love Church. We have a rockin good time! Never a dull moment at our church. :th_praying:

To be honest. I just want to be sure my fellow church members are "saved." I don't care what denomination you go to as long as it is a Bible believing and Bible teaching church. :wub:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/02/1988

I was saved in a missions church in Singapore.Wow,the people there are amazing!.Love just pours outs from all hearts.The Love of God and Christlikeness is seen thru them!....Thank You Lord for giving me a great opportunity to serve in your kingdom and this wonderful church!

CHURCH HISTORY

In 1989, the Spirit of the Lord moved mightily in the heart of Kong Hee, impressing him to enter into full-time Christian service. Kong had, by then, graduated with a Degree in Computer Science from the National University of Singapore and was working for a publishing house.

However, having held several small, but successful, evangelistic campaigns in Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines, Kong wanted to become an itinerant evangelist and be a blessing to the churches in this part of the world.

Sometime in April that year, he left the church he was attending since childhood and set out to become a staff evangelist with "Christ For Asia," a local missions organization. But God's ways are always higher than man's and sure enough, the Lord had other plans.

After leaving his local congregation and embarking on a walk of faith in the mission field, a group of young people that Kong had previously ministered to surrounded him. They wanted him to be their shepherd, to pastor and lead them. With the support and encouragement of numerous senior pastors in the city, Kong decided to pioneer this new work, putting aside his dream of becoming a successful traveling preacher.

To date, City Harvest Church has more than 20,000 people in its weekend services and is still growing rapidly. CHC has nine affiliate churches. Its SGD$48,000,000 titanium church complex in Jurong West was fully paid for and is utilised for some of its ministries. CHC has offices and centers in five locations and it also owns another plot of land at Jurong West Street 74.

Kong is known throughout Singapore and Asia as a dynamic faith teacher, preaching an uncompromising prophetic message for this generation. He has a strong vision in his heart to train workers with a single purpose to see strong local churches planted everywhere in Asia. His television program "Harvest Times" is broadcasted many times weekly in 145 countries through 11 television networks.

To find out more, watch the live services or pray for our church , do visit our website at CITYHARVESTCHURCH <<<CLICK HERE