Razberry

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I've heard some say that the Book of Life and the Book of Life of the Lamb are two different books. That everyone's name is written in the Book of Life, but only the saved, those who accept Christ as their personal Saviour, are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

There is only one Lamb's Book of Life. The Book of Life is also known as the Lamb

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

I think there are two books in heaven as it say and the books were opened. but the two I am referring to is in ephesians 3:15 it does not mention books but it does say the whole family in "heaven" and in "earth" is named. So what I see is that there is a book of life that has all the names in it that has ever been born into this world the earth family is named in it.

now the other book has recorded in it all the names in heaven being the family of God those who are born again hence the lamb's book of life which our spiritual life comes through the second adam who is christ he is the head of the family in heaven where when we get born again our names are written down in the roll book of heaven this is also a pattern or figure in heaven in which the church follows after today in tradition as they put your name on the roll book. hebrews 12:22-24 : 8:5

so it is then that when we are born into this world naked as we come our names are recorded in God's record book in heaven. Then if that one in life chooses jesus as lord then there names passes from that book in the earth which it is name over unto the lamb's book of life and it is recorded in God's record book in the family of heaven.

You may have heard the song where it says "the tree of life is there a blooming" this true everytime someone get's born again and there names are recorded in the lamb's book of life as they have crossed from death (the earth family) over to life the (heavenly family of God the general assembly). I hope I have helped at least this is my take on things at present blessings to you

Openly Curious

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Ephesians 3 is where Paul talks about how the Jews and Gentiles should accept each other as brothers in the Lord. (This was a foreign concept to them at that time.) He talks about how each believer has a role in God's purpose in the church and what that is.

"For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height - to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:14-19 (Verse 15 in bold.)

I'm not sure how you see this as a book. :thumbsup: I guess you could say, I'm "Openly Curious," to borrow from your name! :emot-fail:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Ephesians 3 is where Paul talks about how the Jews and Gentiles should accept each other as brothers in the Lord. (This was a foreign concept to them at that time.) He talks about how each believer has a role in God's purpose in the church and what that is.

"For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height - to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:14-19 (Verse 15 in bold.)

I'm not sure how you see this as a book. :wub: I guess you could say, I'm "Openly Curious," to borrow from your name! :wub:

Swordfish

i don't think openly curious said the word book was in that passage of text but instead said the comments given was on the two different families being the earthly family and then the heavenly family. All of the families of the earth every tribe tongue and so on should and can come into the family of God in which Paul in bowing and praying that it would happen in the verse of text. But one must have their names written in the lamb's book of life in order to enjoy all of what heaven hold for them.

swordfish

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Keith,

Some additional things you may wish to pursue to bolster your foundational understanding of the Lamb's Book of Life:

When the Lamb's Book of Life is opened, all whose names are in it, were written in it before the foundation of the world:

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Hebrews 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Revelation 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Now, I am also fond of seeking out types and anti-types, or figures and shadows of what was and shall be again.

The High Priest of the OT is a "type" of Christ. Christ thus becomes the anti-type of the High Priest. Upon the Ephod of the High Priest was a "breastplate". It was placed over the heart of the High Priest, representing the 12 tribes of Israel - all those who were "chosen" by God to reveal Himself through them. Once a year with lots of blood (again a reference to Christ's shed blood) went in to the Holy of Holies and prayed for the forgiveness of sin of the nation of Israel. He prayed that they be reconciled to God's good graces.

This is what Christ has been doing from the very foundation of the world:

Hebrews 7:22-28 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament. 23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death: 24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. 25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. 26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; 27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself. 28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

One more thing. I noted above that God's 'WORKS' were completed at the foundation of the world - AND GOD ENTERED INTO HIS REST. After that Christ set about "reconciling" the world to Himself and to the Father. You are correct, God put down His pencil with which to write the names of the saints in the Lamb's Book of Life, but as we note elsewhere, and as you have said, He kept the ERASER.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie