The End Times

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I hear preachers talking about the fact that we are living in the end times and that Jesus is coming soon. Matthew 24 is often quoted as evidence that the condition of the world is such that He can come at anytime. What about the church? Is the church ready for Him to come? What about all the Scriptures on the great and terrible Day of the Lord in the Old Testament? Is this the same as His second coming? Sometimes it seems that Christians don't really believe He is coming cos of the way they live their lives. Jesus asked the question, When I come will I find faith in the earth? Is their faith in the earth?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

According to the testimony of Scripture, we have been living in the last days since the death, resurrection and ascension of our Lord.

Note: Hebrews 1:2

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

And Acts 2:17, which is applied to the the day in which it was being preached:

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

The "day of the Lord"is something different from the "last days." The day of the Lord generally refers to the Tribualtion period. Currently we are living in the day of man, that is man is having his way on earth pretty much as he pleases, but the Lord's day will come when He will have His way and pour out His righteous judgments.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

I hear preachers talking about the fact that we are living in the end times and that Jesus is coming soon. Matthew 24 is often quoted as evidence that the condition of the world is such that He can come at anytime. What about the church? Is the church ready for Him to come? What about all the Scriptures on the great and terrible Day of the Lord in the Old Testament? Is this the same as His second coming? Sometimes it seems that Christians don't really believe He is coming cos of the way they live their lives. Jesus asked the question, When I come will I find faith in the earth? Is their faith in the earth?

Greetings Vitality,

There is a sense of the "last days" or "end days" beginning from the time of Christ to the end, which has already been noted, but there is also a sense of the "last days" which refers to the "consummation" of the AGE:

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

James 5:3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

Two other terms which may be examined regarding the last days are "consummation" and "restoration":

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Matthew 17:11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.

Acts 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

We also know that in the (last) "last days" is just before the Lord returns:

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Matthew 24:21-22 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

We see reference to the "great tribulation" in another place:

Revelation 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

Revelation 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Those days are intended to "try (test) the Christian's faith", that is, to remove the dross of one's faith, because faith is more precious than silver or gold and shall be purged of everything that would hinder it.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Guest Christian Therapist

THOUGHT ONE:Literally minutes ago I finished writing a detailed email to the international headquarters of one of the largest denominations in the world because my request for membership was rejected because the pastor of the church I submitted my application to ran a google search on my name and found some articles I have published stating that homosexuality is a sin.

THOUGHT TWO:Read today's news items published on this web site and you will see that the Middle East in general and the Palestian Authority in particular is just crying out for help from the Anti-Christ.

THOUGHT THREE:Why would anyone question the tremendous amount of faith in our nation?News reports are filled every day with reports of people's faith in the false god Nation and it's whore the U.S. DOLLAR.

Guest Reisender
THOUGHT ONE:Literally minutes ago I finished writing a detailed email to the international headquarters of one of the largest denominations in the world because my request for membership was rejected because the pastor of the church I submitted my application to ran a google search on my name and found some articles I have published stating that homosexuality is a sin.

THOUGHT TWO:Read today's news items published on this web site and you will see that the Middle East in general and the Palestian Authority in particular is just crying out for help from the Anti-Christ.

THOUGHT THREE:Why would anyone question the tremendous amount of faith in our nation?News reports are filled every day with reports of people's faith in the false god Nation and it's whore the U.S. DOLLAR.

how do i get to the chat room?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Go to upper right of this page, and click where it says live chat.