• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Scientific facts involve your brain/body but God's involves the soul/spirit.

Thy Word is all Truth. John 17:17

Jesus said, "The world cannot accept Him(The Spirit of Truth), because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. . . But when He, the Spirit of Truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. John 14:17 and 16:13

If you continue in My Word, then you are My disciples, and you will know the truth and the truth will set you free? IT DIDN'T SAY SCIENCE WOULD SET YOU FREE- ONLY THE TRUTH-WHICH IS THE WORD OF GOD-WILL SET YOU FREE!!!

The things of God knoweth no man but by the Spirit of God 1 Corinthians 2:11.

-His truths are Spirit and they are revealed only to True Believers-

The natural (unsaved man) man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Corinthians 2:16

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of

Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:16

To the unsaved, Jesus said, "He that is of God heareth God's Word; ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God John 8:47

Romans 1:20 says, From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see his invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God.

You are still so new to the Lord, do not relie on the ways of the world- you wouldn't have looked for Jesus if the World was your answer- you can't look into the world to find him- you must receive him by faith. Have you read the story about doubting Thomas-he had to see it to know it was Jesus- Jesus said, that it was more blessed for us to not see him but yet believe. Just because you do not see the wind doesn't mean its not there!! You must receive him by faith. God is very real and if you seek him-You will find Him!!! But you must continue daily in your walk with Christ. You must get to know Him in His Word. You must seek Him in prayer. He is the one who should guide you in this life!!! You need to get alone with Him!!

ASK HIM< SEEK HIM

If the Lord called you to ministry-it is he that will prepare you-not the world. If you are responsible for giving the Word of God-you must seek the truth from him-for God will hold his Shepherds accountable to feed the Sheep correctly. Heavy responsiblity-but through Christ all things are possible.

Blessings

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Troyboy!!!

I want to thank you guys for all of your support and advise. I'll be sure to check out all of the sites and books u guys recomended to me. i'll keep you guys posted.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I'm a christian, but right now, I'm questioning it. I was even thinking about being a pastor for a bit, but now, I'm finding tons of things that support an antichristian view almsot without flaw. What do i do? I mean, I'm a very scientific person, and very intellectual if you will, so I'm looking for some 'proof' of God's existence. HELP ME! I know they say live by faith and not by sight, but please help, cuz im finding it hard to........

Hello Troyboy:

I pray that God leads and guides you into all truth. I pray that you will follow up with the link I am about to provide to you. There you will find your answer if you are really seeking it. Believe it or not there are many that are with the same confusion. God is not an author of confusion and he will with his Holy word set your mind straight to the truth. Please go to christian resource website. Now when you get to the site you want to go to bible study the link is right beneath the title of the site. When you click on bible study you will get a drop down box that will give you some titles you want to click on the very first one 10 reasons to believe. When you click on this it will open a new page, on the left hand side of the page you want to look down the list for 10 reasons to believe, you will see the topic God. Click on this it will bring you to another page. On this page there are three books. You want the book that says In the existence of God. Once you click on the book it will take you to a page that will allow you read the contents of the book by chapter. You can also order the book for your own personal copy free of charge. This book is scriptually sound and if this doesn't combat the confusion I do not know what else will. God's word is sound and true there is no confusion in it at all. For me I thank God that confusion is not a part of me any longer, because I recieved him in my heart and my relationship with him and all that I personally can testify of what he has done for me and my family is proof enough. A personal relationship with him after seeking him with all your heart will bear truth to shame the devil which by the way is the author of confusion and the Father of lies. He comes to destroy. He comes to destroy your relationship with God. The only way he can be successful in that is by getting you to doubt God. The only way he can be appealing to you is by attacking your mind. In your mind according to your words you are very scientific, and intellectual. You also said that you were thinking about being a Pastor. Well first the enemy comes to rob you of eternal life and all the promises of God and he can only do that by breaking your relationship and belief in him. So he met you at your point of interest, science and your intellect. And he now have you at a place of doubting God (very dangerous), before this goes any futher please get the truth and turn away from what the enemy is trying to do to you. Next I take words to be very literal and sometimes people write but what they write is not exactly what they mean. So I am responding to what you wrote. You said " I was even thinking about being a pastor...". Do you know that a position in Ministry such as a Pastor is a annoited position in Ministry because you have to be called by God himself to preach and teach his word. God will only use you as a vessel to bring forth the word to feed his sheep. Man appoints and God annoints. So if God has not called you into the ministry to pastor, then my advice to you is not to even go there. God will not let mankind shame his name. Be very careful with the things of God. I pray for you that God will open up the windows of heaven and pour out his Holy Spirit upon you that will lead you into all truth and righteousness in Jesus name. God bless you.

Love

Zenobia

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

Troyboy:

You've said you want to believe in God, and I can respect that. I'm an athiest on this forum, so unless you ask me specifically to share my beliefs and my reasons for them, I'll keep out of the debate. Why, then, am I writing this little piece? Because regardless of what we believe, I think we should do so because we are convinced of its truth, and not only because we only hope its true. To do otherwise only cheapens the thing we believe in. This goes for everyone, in my books, Christian, atheist or otherwise. I hope that, whichever decision you make, you'll be both happier and more knowledgable for it. My only other comment is that, to whoever said that athiests pick up info to defend their own belief only rather than looking for truth, all people do this to a certain extent, regardless of what they're trying to prove or defend. It's human nature: the challenge is to do as Troyboy has done, and puch past our comfort zone towards facts which either do or give the appearance of contradicting our wishes.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  07/29/1975

Boy Troy,

Your asking the wrong person.

You should be asking the lord.

Ask him to forgive you for your sins, and ask him to show you the holy spirit.

You will get your answer. Just remember you get what you ask for.

If you have been a christain before than you know that the Holy spirit is real, he lives in your heart.

Dont let satan take your mind and change it. That is his way of clouding and taking charge. Dont let him.

Read your bible everyday and let your faith grow. Pray it grows..

Skip out and it all shrinks.

Grow in faith, share the faith, walk the faith. It will grow.

Guest Timbo

Troyboy,

Many feel the same way you do and one of the most important questions you will ever face is,

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/04/1963

Hi Troyboy,

We all have gone through difficult times in our lives and you're going through one regarding your faith. Don't be afraid to examine, seek and inquire as much as you like. God loves faithful children and you cannot be one whilst doubt gets the best of you.

There's every conceivable temptation to separate ourselves from our Creator. God does not impose but offers Himself as a choice to each one of us and we are enjoying an extended period of Grace negotiated by Jesus on the cross for our salvation.

It is between you and God; we can only assist with our prayers and hope that you'll enter a more formidable level of relationship with our Heavenly Father after this crisis.

Science has become a new front in the spiritual batleground of our times in the last 3 or 4 centuries. Science is just another tool at man's disposal to understand Nature and cannot be a replacement for God. You can use it to glorify God or to fall in Satan's trap.

Remember that Science is the result of human intellect and effort; it constantly evolves and redefines depending on the status of technology and accumulated information over time; it does not offer any final answers and it deals with limited aspects of the visible, measurable dimension of the Universe God created. Scientific speculation and transient paradigms are no match for God's Word and the witness of His Creation. You are not to worship Creation over the Creator Himself.

Our prayers are with you.

Guest NewPilgrim
almsot without flaw

Troyboy, those are the words you used to describe the "evidences" against the existence of God and brother you hit the nail on the head without perhaps realising it. If they are almost without flaw, they they are flawed. IF you have even one weak link in a chain then the entire chain will collapse under pressure.

While the scientific proofs presented to us to establish theories such as evolution and the constancy of the speed of light are compelling and eloquently put and invariably immensly complex, there is a level at which even a layman can comprehend the errancy of such methods, or as I call it "guesswork".

I think you may have fallen into a familiar trap which many christians or seekers do, which is to take our understanding of scientific theories to the bible in order to define God, when in fact we should be taking our understanding of God to the evidence which is around us. This would fit neatly into the "bias" mould which our atheist friend rightly pointed out. Yep, we do it, but the proof is in the pudding and for me, so far, God has hit the bullseye every time where popular secular "science" has not. "science" rather than science is how I would define the popular theories based on observation. Science without the quotation marks would be the evidence that we observe. However our contemporary english seems to have blurred the line between the two. Usually when poeple refer to science, they are referring to both the evidence that we observa AND the popular conclusions which are drawn from the evidence, which in my book is a somewhat dangerous and sloppy way of discussing.

Oh, I really am rambling, sorry, lol.

Anyway, in short, though you are admirably seeking to strengthen your faith and understanding by looking to "science" for evidence of God, you should not define the creator by his creation but rather define the creation by its Creator, you should be observing Science through "God-tinted" glasses and marvelling at such science as the triune nature of creation. Water, to sustain life, comprising of 3 molecules, atoms comprising of 3 parts, DNA comprising of 2 amino acids bonded by Hydrogen atoms (a triune structure) the 3 states of matter, the 3 earthly dominions of life (Land Sea and Sky) These are examples of observations which you should define according to the truth of God (creation speaks of him), rather than seeking as a tool to define God. All that God has created is a lesser image of him, a reflection or shadow and while we can know SOME things about an onject based on its shadow or reflection, we cannot know its fulness and we can draw poor conclusions from what we see if we are not vigilant. The object defines what shadow is cast, the object defines the image cast by the reflection. I could spend a lifetime analysing a self-portrait by Van Gough and still come to the poor conclusion that he was flat :-S :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Troyboy:

You've said you want to believe in God, and I can respect that. I'm an athiest on this forum, so unless you ask me specifically to share my beliefs and my reasons for them, I'll keep out of the debate. Why, then, am I writing this little piece? Because regardless of what we believe, I think we should do so because we are convinced of its truth, and not only because we only hope its true. To do otherwise only cheapens the thing we believe in. This goes for everyone, in my books, Christian, atheist or otherwise. I hope that, whichever decision you make, you'll be both happier and more knowledgable for it. My only other comment is that, to whoever said that athiests pick up info to defend their own belief only rather than looking for truth, all people do this to a certain extent, regardless of what they're trying to prove or defend. It's human nature: the challenge is to do as Troyboy has done, and puch past our comfort zone towards facts which either do or give the appearance of contradicting our wishes.

Go for it! :thumbsup:

If you seek truth, you will find Him.

"I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life" John 14:6

:)

Guest Timbo

Hi Troyboy,

The basic foundation for life to exist - amino acids - are used to form proteins and the odds are insurmountable as having been produced "at random". On the other end of the spectrum, what of the universe in which our Milky Way Galaxy is only a small part, though it is estimated to contain some 100,000,000,000 stars and 100,000 light years across or about 600 quadrillion (600,000,000,000,000,000) miles in diameter! The average distance between stars within the galaxy is said to be about six light-years, or about 36 trillion miles.(light travels a distance of approximately 5.8 trillion miles in one year) ? Could it have come about by accident ?

It is almost impossible for the human mind to comprehend such size and distance. And yet, our galaxy is just the beginning of what is in outer space! There is something even more staggering. It is this: So many galaxies have now been detected that it has been said they