Ovedya

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  406
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

St. John, I call a truce between you and I if you're agreeable.

Whoa! I'm taking baby steps here, brother!

That was an attempt at humor. A truce is good, but during a truce doesn't the other side have to agree to something, too? I don't want much, really. Just to not have to type out your entire name or copy and paste it. What is a suitable alternative? The reason I ask is because sometimes people are offended if you use a different name than what is shown.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How nice - to have a truce! Maybe now that there is a truce called, these boards will be more inviting to EVERYONE.

Should I write up a peace treaty? (that is a joke by the way)

Here is what I believe - No two Christians are going to have the exact same level of faith or believe in the exact same doctrine or denomination. After all we have all learnt different things through different experiences. Whether we are right or wrong is absolutely irrevelant, it might mean something while we walk on this earth, however it shouldn't because once we go to meet Jesus and our Heavenly Father, I'm pretty sure we will be ashamed of our prideful ways and feel very sorry for these unnecessary arguments.

We need to accept each other for where we are at, and like I've said before rejoice that we have the same common denominator - Jesus Christ :il:

We need to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and listen for His prompting, I don't think it is wise for us to "teach" when lead by our flesh. That would be prideful, right?

The most powerful teaching tool, is our life and how we live our life on a day to day, minute by minute basis. Lets try to remember this scripture: :unsure:

Matthew 5:13-16

Believers Are Salt and Light

13 "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.

14"You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Blessed are the peacemakers! :wub:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey, St. John!

Thank-you! And yes, I forgive you, too!

I likewise appologize if my comments were offensive. I meant not to speak against you, just the method of argumentation coming out. I appreciate the turn you have taken. Thank-you!

I do believe in healing and miracles and all that. But there is also a faith of following God when and not denying Him when the whole world and your whole life crashes around you. This is the faith I have been walking in. Living the desert road may not make for the testimony of God's great power in the physical realm, but there are greater things to overcome than what is passing in this life.

I have not chosen to live with this auto-immune disease and such. But having prayed all and confessed all and forgiven all and broken curses all and gone to healing ministers and everything and getting nowhere but frustrated, I could only commit myself and my body's fate to the hand of the Lord. If my body is to remain in its condition, then I'm going to use even this for God's glory by learning to "give thanks in all circumstances" and take even this hardship as discipline and let it work in my life.

I know this is a hard pill to swallow. But I believe that we all have different callings, and as such learn and experience different manifestations of God. My calling is not in evangelism. I do what I can to witness, but that life is not my walk. I have other duties to attend to, and if learning to endure all trials and yet still be faithful to His name is the course I must tread, then I accept what I must do. I must go where my Master leads me. If I am in error, I pray He opens my eyes to see differently. It's all any of us can do.

I mean not to sow doubt. Maybe it's the doubt of the land that is the greatest barrier and not the faith-vs-doubt of the individuals. I'm just trying to make sense out of what happens or doesn't happen and do what I can with what I have.

Can you understand this?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

RonReagan: A little OT, but I feel this should be addressed:

The child wasn't at the age of accountability,

There is nothing recorded anywhere in Scripture about any such "age of accountability". That is a man-made 'feel good' doctrine. (no offense)

so she had done nothing wrong whatsoever in God's eyes.

How about being born with a nature that can do nothing but sin? zwinker.gifAt birth, we are totally unacceptable to God, our nature is that of satan's and everything in us defies God. Otherwise, the Scripture is a lie.

GMan:

With regard to sickness. Sickness is the result of three things: Weakness, sin, and God's punishment.

What about Job? He was righteous and doesn't fall under any of your three categories.

Nebula: Thanks for the book reccomendation. I'm going to ask for it for Christmas!

Shilou357 Kenneth Hagin died?? When?? I didn't know that.

Pentacost:

I've never herd of them till signing on to the board.

Me either. I asked in another forum what the difference is between WOF and plain old 'name it and claim it' pentacostals that have always been among us and nobody answered.

Hey, St. John!

Thank-you! And yes, I forgive you, too!

I likewise appologize if my comments were offensive. I meant not to speak against you, just the method of argumentation coming out. I appreciate the turn you have taken. Thank-you!

I do believe in healing and miracles and all that. But there is also a faith of following God when and not denying Him when the whole world and your whole life crashes around you. This is the faith I have been walking in. Living the desert road may not make for the testimony of God's great power in the physical realm, but there are greater things to overcome than what is passing in this life.

I have not chosen to live with this auto-immune disease and such. But having prayed all and confessed all and forgiven all and broken curses all and gone to healing ministers and everything and getting nowhere but frustrated, I could only commit myself and my body's fate to the hand of the Lord. If my body is to remain in its condition, then I'm going to use even this for God's glory by learning to "give thanks in all circumstances" and take even this hardship as discipline and let it work in my life.

I know this is a hard pill to swallow. But I believe that we all have different callings, and as such learn and experience different manifestations of God. My calling is not in evangelism. I do what I can to witness, but that life is not my walk. I have other duties to attend to, and if learning to endure all trials and yet still be faithful to His name is the course I must tread, then I accept what I must do. I must go where my Master leads me. If I am in error, I pray He opens my eyes to see differently. It's all any of us can do.

I mean not to sow doubt. Maybe it's the doubt of the land that is the greatest barrier and not the faith-vs-doubt of the individuals. I'm just trying to make sense out of what happens or doesn't happen and do what I can with what I have.

Can you understand this?

I understand.

I know where you are coming from when it comes to having serious health problems. I have suffered as well. No matter what the autoimmune disease is that you have, God still wants you well. And you want to be well too, don't you? If you have gone to a doctor, then that is an indication that you are seeking to be well again. I do not believe in doctors as a source of healing. I believe that they can help in emergency care, but they are sadly lacking in knowledge when it comes to how the body heals. Medicine can bring temporary relief at a price (liver damage and side affects), but the body is designed to heal naturally (God heals supernaturally) by suppying it everything it needs to heal. Your food is the best natural medicine. I have helped and have seen people overcome disease and illness using natural nutrients. I have knowledge on how to cure cancer, AIDS, and arthritis, naturally. A few years after I was healed of Chrohns disease, I backslid and and lost my healing. It was worse than ever and I was bleeding internally as well, again. I was prayed for and I repented of my sin and turned to the Lord, but I was in doubt about healing then because I felt I deserved it for turning my back on the Lord. But I changed my eating habits and used nutrients and food for healing. After about a few months, my Chrohn's disease was history. That is a supposedly incurable disease. And I have helped others as well. A fellow I worked with had the worst acne I had seen all over his face. Now, instead of praying and asking God to heal something that was partly the guy's fault in the first place, I gave him some education. Wisdom and knowledge, in the area of our bodies and nutrients saved that guy from terrible scarring and maybe many years of terrible looking acne. I helped a lady with Fibromyalgia to overcome it, naturally. And I know that you can be helped and get relief and be healed naturally, if not supernaturally. Either way I think God is interested in us being in health.

I have knowledge on how to cure cancer, AIDS, and arthritis, naturally. A few years after I was healed of Chrohns disease,

Would you share that knowledge, please? And also - how to cure Chrohn's disease? Thank you. :unsure:

I have knowledge on how to cure cancer, AIDS, and arthritis, naturally. A few years after I was healed of Chrohns disease,

Would you share that knowledge, please? And also - how to cure Chrohn's disease? Thank you. :unsure:

First of all Cancer is not a mysterious disease and neither is AIDS. There causes and cures are known. And I think before you ( I don't mean you, personally, I mean anyone who has never heard this) hear this you kneed to know the foundation first.

The first thing is the body is will heal itself normally and naturally. It has that capability built right in. But unless it has the right tools (vitamins, minerals, enzymes, cell salts, good bacteria etc. it won't do the job as well as it could, or not at all. Then, unless you know the triggers of disease, or antagonists to avoid, then your body also has a much harder time of healing.

Secondly, if you rely on doctors and pharmaceuticals for your ill health then you are probably lacking knowledge in the area of how the body works and what it actually needs.

Example-If you are only getting the RDA of vitamin C or less, then you are going to get heart disease or stroke. That is almost a certainty. 60 years ago you might of had a chance, but not today. I will explain later. Just let me say that heart disease is so easily avoidable, and is also curable.

Example-If you don't know that margerine and aspartame are poisons then you need knowledge that you don't have, yet.

There are around 24,000 prescription drugs, thousands of doctors and hospitals and research centres, billions of dollars donated to cures, and yet there are no cures. Why? Because the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. Man has missed it. Instead of looking at food and trees and plants, greedy pharmaceutical companies make chemical poisons. Why? Because they cannot patent a food or tree or plant medicine. It first has to be an isolated element, or a synthetic version of an isolated element of that plant, in order to be patented. Patenting a chemical allows them to charge whatever they want for 14 years. They would not be able to do that with a natural medicine from a plant. Then the chemical drugs in turn cause even more sickness and disease and side effects, so that more drugs are needed to counter those. You get sicker and maintain your disease with drugs (instead of curing it) and they get richer by the day. Disease is the industry and the cure is not meant to be found. Medicine is an illegal monopoly and that way the truth doesn't get out.

That is part of the foundation. The cures will follow. But I still think telling people will be a waste of time IF you don't first learn to unlearn the brainwashing we have all had. That doctors and modern medicine are the only way to go.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/03/1969

Now this is truly turning into an interesting thread!

St. John, what a remarcable testimony! It is true that God desined are bodys to be far mor robust than we give it credit for, IF we take the time to learn the tools He has provided to do so.

I look forward to hearing more!

I do too, as I agree with every word he said - it is all very true. I have always cured my kid's minor infections (ear infections etc) myself with natural things, rather than run to a doctor and get chemicals. Doctors and drugs should be last resorts, but so many people run right to them for every little thing right away.

I'm a terrible junk food consumer, so I can't say much there.

John, what do you recommend as an alternative to margarine?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/03/1969

John, what do you recommend as an alternative to margarine?

Just a thought...Butter?