• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Yah - this is why I made the "quantum physics" joke.

(Hint: they say that if you believe you understand quantum physics, you really don't!)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

If that's the case Neb, then I totally understand quantum physics! :D

Brother William, I do hope tht you and Neb continue this thread. I'm reading over your shoulder ya know! Quite interesting. I don't know quite where to put my feet on this issue. :t2:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SacredWarrior

i also realize that the Trinity can be a hard concept to grasp, but here are some analogies i have found to be very helpful.

1. God is like the sun. The Father would be the actual ball of fire, Jesus would be the light coming from the sun, and the Holy Spirit would be the heat we feel.

2. i have heard it said that the universe is 100% matter, 100% space, and 100% time. i'm not a scientist so i don't know if this is an accurate statement or not. but that would certainly be an illustration of the Trinity.

3. each person is body, soul, and spirit, so we are a trinity of sorts.

from these illustrations, we can see how God would be one, and yet 3. it is not merely God revealing Himself in different ways. there are 3 distinct roles/personalities, but each are "part" of the totallity of the singular God, each being of the very essence of God.

i hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  182
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/29/1977

Here is a much better description that one brother in the Lord gave me and it seems to make more sense than all the others.

Jesus is God's arm.

Period.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  182
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/29/1977

Isaiah 53:1 "Who has believed our report? And to whom has the ARM of the Lord been reveiled? For he grew up as a root..."

Isaiah 59:1 "Surely the ARM of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear."

Isaiah 59:15-16 "The Lord looked and was displeased that there was no justice. He saw that there was no one, he was appalled that there was no one to intervene; so HIS OWN ARM worked salvation for him, and his own righteousness sustained him."

John calls Jesus "the WORD of God"

Most of the N.T. refers to Jesus as "the SON of God"

And Paul says that "...through Him all things were made..."

So what can we conclude from all this: "EVERY TIME GOD EXTENDS HIMSELF TO DO ANYTHING - THAT VERY EXTENSION OF HIMSELF IS JESUS."

ARM = EXTENSION OF BODY

WORD = EXTENSION OF THOUGHTS

SON = EXTENSION OF EXISTENCE

Jesus is the EXTENSION of God to man.

And this is the gospel story also

The Holy Spirit is also an extension of God, but in a much more vaporous, cloudy way, whereas Jesus is in a much more direct way. There are numerous examples in scripture to support this idea too. The Holy Spirit will come upon a person or place and fill that person or place - more ambiguous but just as powerful.

Hope this all helps...

Guest charlie

Maybe they're a god family. Father, Son, and Holy Sprit. Is it possible that the Holy Spirit is feminine? Anyway, you can tell from Genesis it's like they're talking among themselves. God seems to be into patterns with man. He created man in His own image so could it be that the earthly family unit was created in Their image with the Father being at the head of the family but with the other members playing an important role? I've always had a hard time accepting the idea of one God but trying to think of the One God as three persons. In all honesty I've always thought of them as three separate individuals who are all divine. Yeah, I know I can go to hell for that but God is omnipresent so He knows what I'm thinking so I might as well say it. Anyway, when I read the words of Jesus he's always deferring to the Father and tells us to do the same. These are just those "thoughts" that run thru my head when I'm laying there trying to go to sleep at night. Flame away!