Guest silent_cry

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know where the line between our will and God's lies. He holds us accountable for our actions, but nothing can contradict his will. Its a paradox. If us knowing mattered, God would let us know.

Nothing anyone ever wants or even thinks can effect his will or plans in any way. That would give us power over him, which would be an abomination to say the least, and is just impossible. I choose to err on the side of God's power, but life will go on the same or us no matter what we decide.

I've found free will debates can drive huge wedges between christians. Its happened to me and others. Why focus our time on such theoretical things that don't change our lives at all? The debate forms camps among believers and sets us at odds. This is bad.

In the end, no matter which you think, God's plan will come to fruition as he planned it. Let him worry about the technicalities.

Guest NewPilgrim

Seems we cant discuss anything these days without it being labelled a "divisive topic"

We should not be afraid to debate such matters, if any issue causes any of us to be divided then the problem is in our hearts not under the thread-title.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

No I totally disagree, to say that

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

I think freewill will be in heaven but it will never be tempted any more in us to choose evil. Because evil or sin will not be there also there will be not serpent or devil to trick us to rebell against G-d.

As far as down here on earth goes "freewill" is a very tricky word to me as it's really two words jammed together and lately I've discovered this but the hidden word is "will" and that is your soul area of your being. So where will my "will" soul end up is what one must look to down here.

But if we get it right down here then I think it not a problem over on the golden shore. Just my thoughts

Openly Curious

• 3 weeks later...
Guest quadding101

When ur body dies, the person u r at that time is the person u will be in heaven. If God were to place some restriction on u so that u do not sin then He would be programming u and u would be no more than a robot and no longer free willed. We r here because of what the 1/3 of angels did, rebelled. We r here to be tested and tried, molded and made ready for heaven. If this is not the reason we r here then God has a lot of explaining to do. Why did He place man in a place that He knew would be full of suffering and sin? If He wanted more to worship Him and fellowship with He could have made more angels and avoided all this sin. God must become what is MOST IMPORANT to us so that He can come into our hearts and then we must allow God to have His way in our lives to mold and make us ready for heaven. God will have no more rebellion in His kingdom. There will be no more temptation in heaven but u will still WANT. The bible says that we r tempted when we r drawn away because of our own lust, it is something that we want. U cannot be tempted by something u truly care nothing about. The angel rebelled because they WANTED what God would not allow and they WANTED it MORE than they WANTED God. If they would have WANTED God MOST then they would not have rebelled. We must allow God and we must do our part. If u can serve God no matter the cost like Job and Joseph (go through the fire). If u can surrender ur will and do God's will for ur life (take up ur cross). If u can say no to sin here while being tempted (overcome). Then u will have no problem serving and obeying God in His kingdom. I hope this helps u.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I think the deal is the word "choice". What choice? There are only two real choices and one is being done away with now. When all is completed here on earth, sin will be no more. There will only be righteousness. All this old stuff will be burning in an eternal fire.

Mark

Guest Daave

We will absloutely will have a free will just like Jesus has a free will because we will be like him.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Daave